Lingerie...What's the point?

queerditch

It's knowing your girl is going to extra trouble to make you feel good.
Should have known all along I was married to an asexual woman by her choice of underwear the first time we got naked. But at the time it was a welcome break from her high-maintenance predecessor.

7 minutes ago, SG100084 said:

Should have known all along I was married to an asexual woman by her choice of underwear the first time we got naked.

Several ace women here have said they enjoy wearing lingerie, and some of the sexuals don’t... it’s probably not a failsafe test.  :)

• 8 months later...
On 6/15/2018 at 10:29 PM, queerditch said:

I'm not sure if this is where it goes, but move it if it needs to go somewhere else.

What is the point in lingerie? To me, it just seems like a waste of money. I'm looking for views from both sexuals and asexuals.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Unless it can serve a dual purpose as daily underwear and be sexy it's pointless. Skimpy, sheer, lacey things provide no real support and are just gonna come off anyway

Anthracite_Impreza
17 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

... And that's the point of them.

That made me literally lol.

If the point of lingerie is to come off, why not use wrapping paper and make it fun at least? Put some bubble wrap in there somewhere, maybe a little crepe to hold the hair up? I don't get it either. Its to decorate rigjt? 

45 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

... And that's the point of them.

Yeah, so what's the point in going through the whole schlep of putting them on just to take them off?

Anthracite_Impreza
11 minutes ago, ByeYall! said:

Put some bubble wrap in there somewhere

Couldn't do that, everyone would get too distracted *pop*

On 6/16/2018 at 6:29 AM, queerditch said:

I'm not sure if this is where it goes, but move it if it needs to go somewhere else.

What is the point in lingerie? To me, it just seems like a waste of money. I'm looking for views from both sexuals and asexuals.

Wrapping paper. What’s the point?

11 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

The point is antici...........patio.

It might be more fun for the people taking it off, but putting it on is kinda a hassle

1 minute ago, Telecaster68 said:

But for those that do wear it, it's clearly worth it, to share the building excitement later.

I can understand that. And at the same time, for me personally, I find them rather uncomfortable and impractical

Yeah, we do tend to do that. My best friends and I know each other's sizes and we'll give each other stuff they might like, like bras, panties, etc. It's basically the same as other gifts of clothes and beauty products. But that might just be where I'm from and the friends I have. 

4 hours ago, Neshama said:

It might be more fun for the people taking it off, but putting it on is kinda a hassle

How so? It’s just generally underwear? 

4 hours ago, CBC said:

I had a couple friends in my late teens who swore by thongs in terms of comfort.

As long as they don’t have scratchy lace, for my body type at least this is 100% my opinion as well.

5 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

Seems like less prep than writing a categorised list of things you're willing to do...

You only have to do that once per partner, though...  

17 minutes ago, James121 said:

How so? It’s just generally underwear? 

A lot of times it’s less comfortable, less stretchy, and more complex than everyday underwear.

2 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

Other clothes you might choose as part of being in a relationship aren't what you'd choose to bum around in all day at home by yourself either. Most people get a little dressed up for dates, or for parties, or may choose one bit of clothing over another because they know their partner likes to see them in it, and it's pleasurable to feel desired. Underwear is just a subsection of that.

I never got that either. I understand that it's a thing, but I guess I don't have that 'need' to be desired. If anything, such attention would make me uncomfortable. If its a special occasion I might dress up a little but only because everyone else is and I don't want to stand out, not because I care about people's reactions.

Anthracite_Impreza

Value pack knickers ftw.

Anthracite_Impreza
Just now, Telecaster68 said:

Thee can tek the lass outta Yorkshire but...

My cars get the high octane petrol, £80 Toyos and £40 Castrol, I get cheap underwear. We make it work.

Anthracite_Impreza
4 minutes ago, CBC said:

Swear to god I've been buying the same brand of value pack knickers for over a decade. That's how us blue-collar-town Ontarians do it. Fuckers used to be only $5 for a pack of six circa 2007. 

They're still only £3 here ;)

Anthracite_Impreza
Just now, CBC said:

Google tells me that's $5.22 CAD, so yeah, I'm suitably jealous.

I'll send you a pair, genuine Debenhams shite ;)

26 minutes ago, CBC said:

I find something unsettling, in a sensory way, about the feeling of being nearly naked underneath whatever else I'm wearing.

The only thing that’s more naked is my butt cheeks, and it beats the feeling of underwear riding up them all the time.

28 minutes ago, CBC said:

I presume no one is getting particularly titillated over the thought of my value pack white cotton undies, so.

Or my ancient butt cheeks!

Anthracite_Impreza
3 minutes ago, CBC said:

Oddly specific question for any Brits reading this: does Boots still sell a huge variety of sandwiches? Like a fucking... wall of sandwiches? That's how it is in my memory, lol. And if so, do they still have chicken tikka ones?

Can't give you specifics, but yes. Shit tonnes of overpriced sarnies they try to pretend aren't extortionate because they're in the meal 'deal'.

Anthracite_Impreza
22 minutes ago, CBC said:

Crunchie bars

Yeeees.

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, CBC said:

They exist in Canada too (not the States, I don't think), but your chocolate is better than ours. Higher quality.

Never been to Canada but American chocolate is shite 🤢

14 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Never been to Canada but American chocolate is shite 🤢

Agreed!  Thank God I can go down the street and buy Teuscher at will.  While American chocolate is horrid, the abundance of alternatives makes it ok.  Seriously, American Chocolate and American beer, how do they stay in business? It’s beyond me!

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, Traveler40 said:

Seriously, American Chocolate and American beer, how do they stay in business? It’s beyond me!

Your wotsit in chief won't allow decent imports.

Archived