The Strat Column

Guest -NULL-

Guest -NULL-

July 1, 2018

[Quick Disclaimer: This is a specimen from a museum; this is not my own specimen.]

Photo Credit: Ninja

BMxlcH4jIeqmsmQ7bJG_9JHDniPkpXwxSIAsMuworrrdxFqbns4Ehn12i_BTynJDer0U0sSzaoi2CqRwJFbfTAgf908GlE475TG0AAMDBCkxMCH9So4inRXnFsOmgVPU4VEaEdEW

Specimen Description: Smoky Quartz with Microcline Feldspar (Pegmatite Vein)

Locality: Phyllis Ann Claim, Teller County, Colorado

Property of Florissant Historical Museum

Ninja ⛏️

Guest -NULL-

July 2, 2018

[Quick Disclaimer: This is a specimen from a museum; this is not my own specimen.]

5EpVcG_cFGpL5fOZrOiIUaDICHE70AKZVSHvMFtUqizeEPwqaufX0b0ebkRSv_KFn6lM78dumhTCHdHgxyFhcXERlkzvI3vUetNIPhRO83RiwYNkv94S7dNqgltJr-rTrdT1gOsj

Specimen Description: Goethite Crystals with Smoky Quartz Crystals in Microcline Feldspar Matrix

Locality: Crystal Peak, Teller County, Colorado

Ninja ⛏️

Guest -NULL-

July 3, 2018

QEeEpqYkO0P-BfH94MDYfFGz1xcXjQQZqe5YouixmNrrV9Z8HYKiOpZr1r7DldMZC8cgRoOXHFfeLqPFQl23Vwu6pnfRAyL0doQhLyi1zj2IDU-lcxAmXn2TRq1q5I8LFfHx83Xd

Specimen Description: Microcline Feldspar Crystals Variety Amazonite

Locality: The Godsend Claim, Lake George, Colorado

Ninja ⛏️

Guest -NULL-

Unfortunately, due to the Independence Day on July 4th, I was rather busy and unable to post a photo on July 4th.

I apologize for this discontinuity in the framework of the posts.

Guest -NULL-

July 5, 2018

4Uz3cHFsC2HlTX5A8PyOnpCIq29f1d0-Oy9P-DbpSa0IPo0h3TFAYKaS5ECfm6pMvdISEoxLds1mZHKM-8NO75atiGBSlb7Odb1b9ElkJ-DTK1tcJqvq8Rl-68UbKWF6lesOtuJv

Specimen Description: Hematite Crystals with Smoky Quartz Growth

Locality: Lucky Strike Claim, Teller County, Colorado

Ninja ⛏️

Guest -NULL-

July 6, 2018

etBCQeegdTwxClSEsiQiNFsiNutty30zFmsHNHKq3qi2FHp-eWQIl7PsvS1f20wYMu5IJSgURfZeRiJgcv5TGXKnucFq5qm5BgmWP0HN2u4uCmEoFZkpqIlOohXT6Ki6BKHAlf7O

Specimen Description: Perthitic (Albite Intergrowths) Microcline Feldspar Variety Amazonite

Locality: Harris Park, Park County, Colorado

Property of Florissant Historical Musem

Ninja ⛏️

These are really lovely specimens. Thanks for posting these photos!

Guest -NULL-

Hey @Ardoise,

Thanks for taking the time to look at these photos. I recently fell out of my daily posting because it appeared to me that nobody cared about this thread. Thank you for taking the time to notice this.

Keep acing it,

Ninja 

I'll start posting some of my own photos to this thread when I have time. My university has a lovely collection.

Just now, Ninja said:

Hey @Ardoise,

Thanks for taking the time to look at these photos. I recently fell out of my daily posting because it appeared to me that nobody cared about this thread. Thank you for taking the time to notice this.

Keep acing it,

Ninja 

Keep in mind that the forums were very slow over the course of a week or two, making them difficult to use for a lot of people; the issues were resolved on July 5th.

Guest -NULL-

July 7, 2018

kDMWPUPtGp7mdi0vPXTeRMtrqsbCIlXie6u-aoLpANr8ZK0TOEpCM7a_LI3-4QDKrd-BXi8oMt4Sg3JJIXiXcW101wQIQUIrDpRrxTu6akvWGggPJCCEP0BdXqKVrLTLAdEW9UMx

Specimen Description: Crinoid Fossil

Locality: Unknown

Property of Houston Museum of Natural Science, Houston, Texas

Ninja ⛏️

Guest -NULL-

July 8, 2018

RZzTRLzLN62j7trlplzcXTDWUKPoQOMxKuKS-Wu0ITxxyTMYwsLk86Gnx5IVS02FVmnKowX02eUMcyc9-bEpeqx-pJCNYLG4Xuz5Do-dZZgye57ZgoyeZlxx8kDXnqRg_Kdde09L

Specimen Description: Petrified Wood (Permineralized)

Locality: Oregon (Upper) and Unknown (Lower)

Ninja ⛏️

Petrified wood is pretty frickin' cool to me honestly. Real life petrification.

The kind of thing that sounds so fantasy and that you mainly only see in fantasy, and then you find out that it actually happens in nature, with wood.

Guest -NULL-

July 9, 2018

6zXPkzeKnBqC_1IK8V6lzv9FAhNkAkiTpvtwOTU8ukXHr0SBgjkojjaCpSiyT_FJ7zjkbonwY5r5OJPr0pZL6HESTwDK_08v9lieb2pn5B75XRbqQHBY5rnor0eEBI9H85UqhhhX

Specimen Description: Native Gold on Quartz Matrix

Locality: Colorado

Ninja ⛏️

Guest -NULL-

July 10, 2018

lWq3f69BBoNFnVZP1YE3I-Jzjsp-KLOjGOBoOzJRfWOmbQu3xXIBV9dYraCkAKiWdyDd8YoKvLvpTR-T-oFq7Dc93RVpSnxisI45SR9QBQbUYC910MZFXyio9bCCTZO4jgqPVU6H

Specimen Description: Sulfur

Locality: Unknown

Ninja ⛏️

6 minutes ago, Ninja said:

July 9, 2018

Spoiler

6zXPkzeKnBqC_1IK8V6lzv9FAhNkAkiTpvtwOTU8ukXHr0SBgjkojjaCpSiyT_FJ7zjkbonwY5r5OJPr0pZL6HESTwDK_08v9lieb2pn5B75XRbqQHBY5rnor0eEBI9H85UqhhhX

Specimen Description: Native Gold on Quartz Matrix

Locality: Colorado

Ninja ⛏️

Rocks minerals are so cool. It's like clouds, with enough imagination, you can see a lot of things in them. Like that face in the middle-left. It reminds me of something, but I couldn't quite tell what from.

Is sulfur phosphorescent(?), or is that just the lighting?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest -NULL-

Hello everyone,

I apologize for temporarily abandoning this thread for such an extended period of time. You can expect me to be back soon with more geoscience and mineral updates!

I have become rather inundated with all of my problem sets and coursework for my studies, so I hope that you can understand the reason for my absence.

I am stoked to continue to develop this thread and I hope that you are ready to see some more awesome minerals!!!

Thank you all for your kindness and patience. You guys are honestly such an amazing community of people!

Keep Acing It,

Ninja

Archived