Do you hang out with pets at parties?

SweetTart

.diva plavalaguna.

Heck yeah! The last party I was at, my only entertainment was the cat and dog. Everyone else was drunk and playing some stupid drinking game. There wasn't even any food left by the time I got there.  I mean I coulda just stayed home for all that, but I love seeing people's poopies so it was kinda okay I guess??

Sometimes at grandma's house I try to look for the cats that randomly visit her, but I feel rude if I start doing that so I sorta just sit there lol.

On 7/7/2018 at 11:57 AM, daveb said:

I have trouble gauging how to join in on group conversation, period. :P 

I do have trouble getting a word in in many cases. I don't want to interrupt people, but it feels to me that other people are often not so bothered about interrupting me. I wonder if there is something about the way I talk that people think I'm done so they jump in. And then, I also sometimes hesitate because I am formulating what I want to say, so maybe people don't realize I wanted to say something. Partaking in conversations can be difficult enough; trying to insert myself into an existing conversation can be even harder. And then it doesn't help that at parties there are usually multiple conversations going on, and figuring out which to join can be difficult (not to mention the others can be distracting).

I feel the same way, daveb (sorry, I don't know how to do the purple name thing yet).  This is the reason I leave parties early (on the rare occasion I am invited to a party) if there isn't a dog or cat to hang out with. If I am hanging out with the dog/cat, I don't have to worry about social rejection (as dogs and cats are less likely to do that than people).  Although I also have this problem at work too, so I don't tend to hang around the lunchroom.

1 hour ago, Sleepy Otter said:

(sorry, I don't know how to do the purple name thing yet)

Start by typing the @ sign, then the beginning of the user name, and a list of names pops up. When you see the name you want click on it to select it. That will put the name into the purple tag. :) (someone posted a how to using some screen capture thingie, but I don't remember where that was posted)

I only hang with the dog and if there is none I follow the few people I know or I sit in the corner on my phone. Social anxiety is really fun isn’t it?!

Archived