Assassin's Creed Odyssey allows for asexual relationships

umbasa

https://stevivor.com/features/interviews/assassins-creed-odyssey-gay-lesbian-straight-asexual-relationships-possible/

In the new Assassin's Creed game you can form relationships with characters. Ubisoft has decided not to restrict you in this and so - alongside straight relationships - has included gay, lesbian, bisexual... and asexual options.

As part of the experience of living your own personal odyssey, you can choose to role play as an asexual character, McCoubrey pointed out. It’s very much your choice.

“We’re not forcing you to do something you don’t want to do,” she said. “So if you’re somebody who’s asexual, you don’t have to engage in something like this. It’s not forced. It’s very much your choice. If you’re playing Alexios and you want to romance Soleus, go for it. You do you, man. “It was always important for me and my team to make sure that options were available for whoever wanted to pursue it.

That's pretty damn cool, Ubisoft. My respect to you.

Another thing to add to the visibity board. :)

Oh, and I wasn't entirely sure where to post this so if a mod has a better idea of where it could be, then do please move it. :)

EmotionalAndroid

Whoa, that's awesome! I I hope this interview will help people be more aware of asexuality. I'm so happy they explicitly mentioned it!

Thank you for sharing!

Ahhh, that's so cool!! I love Assassin's Creed games. That is epic. <3 I haven't been following E3, where I assume they announced it? So thank you! : ) 

This would probably go in World Watch, I think. *tags modly @.Lia*

2 minutes ago, kelico said:

Ahhh, that's so cool!! I love Assassin's Creed games. That is epic. ❤️ I haven't been following E3, where I assume they announced it? So thank you! : ) 

This would probably go in World Watch, I think. *tags modly @.Lia*

Yeah, announced at E3. It's something completely unexpected from Ubisoft (or any games publisher). Hopefully, this will give other publishers a kick in the rear end with regards to including elements such as this. AC games typically sell around or over 10 million copies, so that's a great big support right there.

Thanks for tagging. :)

This is what I would qualify as "pretty frickin' cool", if I do say so myself.

wayward_zombie

I'm crying i was so happy when I saw the trailer but I didn't know about this omg I'm in tears

I only knew about all the gay options but that is awesome too. Might even consider getting it. 

I do want to know about how well being aaexual is represented in the game. The details of the options that can be chosen. I hope it's just not ignoring romance altogether.

However, there is already a positive note to this regardless of how it is represented in the final game: People on other forums are asking what does being asexual mean because of its mention in the article and game!

That's pretty cool.

I do believe it's time for me to invest in some video games.

Let me guess asexual=aromantic in this, it would probably be hard to make it in a other way. It is cool either way.

18 hours ago, umbasa said:

I do want to know about how well being aaexual is represented in the game. The details of the options that can be chosen. I hope it's just not ignoring romance altogether.

However, there is already a positive note to this regardless of how it is represented in the final game: People on other forums are asking what does being asexual mean because of its mention in the article and game!

That was my doubt when reading: "does he mean aromantic really?"

Either way, it's just great for the representation

I have just sent a message to Ubisoft to inquire further about how the new relationship feature accommodates us Asexuals.

Hopefully, they manage to read it and respond back.

Archived