Confused...again???

jay.r

Okay so sorry.

I posted a thing like this a bit back about the same thing but I’m yet again confused.

So I know I’m asexual, and then I also know that I think all genders are attractive. But I also was thinking that I’m homoromantic since despite me thinking guys are attractive, I just don’t want to date them or end up having a boyfriend/husband.

So with that covered up, I realised that this morning, my feeling for guys is the same as girls and other genders. I like everyone, I think everyone is attractive and I get crushes on them but I don’t want to date or have a partner/boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife etc. So does that mean that I would be ace aro? Cause there’s someone I like who likes me back but I don’t want to date them? Like I want to be with them but I don’t want a label saying I’m dating them. Just two friends who like each other act more than friends? Idk

im sorry this is so confusing but idk what anything is anymore. 

OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHH This is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *flails hands flails hands*

I can be aesthetically attracted to people like oo I want to look at you and your are cute, but I don't want to date them and I don't want to sleep with them!  (use the age old example of being a young girl into a boyband. I don't want to date them or do them, haha , I just think they are so cute! I never left that stage)

I also get 'crushes' where I want to spend all my time with someone and be their best friend ever and just imagine having this awesomefuntime life with them , but I don't want to be in a romantic relationship, I just want them to be my best friend ever. I do question  if these feelings can sometimes border on the romantic, but I find that I don't want to do certain behaviors that are typical of romances (like cuddling or romantic gestures in general ).

The aesthetic attraction stretches beyond all gender lines ,but I prefer femme guys, femme, but 'boyish' girls, and trans people that are more androgynous, though a few people fit more into a conventional binary look and I find them good looking.

The crushes have no logic . LIke one I barely even know the guy, but I wish that I could have coffee with him everyday even a year after not seeing him.

I'm straight as an arrow but I definitely think women are attractive from time to time. It's more of an aesthetic attraction than a desire to be with them. People are just pretty sometimes.

I wouldn't worry about putting a strict label on it yet. You like what you like. You could be aro, or you could be bi/panromantic. Who knows.

If you're interested in this person who's interested in you, take the time to explain to them what you feel and what you're confused about. Be up front. The two of you can work things out together, and decide whether a relationship would be in everybody's best interest.

Archived