Hi newbie here!

Geekling007

I'm 18 years old and I have more or less come to terms with my sexuality for more or less three years now. To be perfectly honest it wasn't that much of a shock, I've never been interested in anyone in that way and the closest thing I've ever had t a relationship is a platonic one with a female friend (whose Bi). I guess what I want to ask is, is asexuality a sexuality you have to come out to? I don't know to me its like if people want to know then I'll tell them but do I really need to broadcast it? Its not like my family or friends will hate me or anything but I feel like its none of their business. 

You can come out if you want to, but you don't have to.

Accept Myself Challenge

Hello! Coming out is a personal choice and not easy to undertake. With asexuality, sometimes it's easier only to identify openly with a romantic orientation. But, your sexual/romantic orientation is no one else's business. Coming out before you're ready, or when you don't actually want to, can be a huge mistake. If you don't feel the need to share your labels, don't. If someone asks, let them know that they are asking for personal information that they have no right to.

Do whatever you think is best for you! ~❤️~

• Like 1

Honestly, I find it unnecessary, except in romantic relationships where the partner might, at some point, want to have sex. Otherwise, I don't feel anyone needs (or really wants) to know what/whom I'm doing (or not) in the bedroom. I'd say, without a specific reason to come out, I'd skip it if I were you 😋

Its totally up to you what you do in that regard.

I personally am taking the approach of if it comes up, I'll tell people, but I'm not going to sit my friends down and say I'm ace. It's worked okay so far, I just casually mention it when someone's asking me about crushes or talking about sexual orientation stuff, and my friends for the most part are just like "Oh, okay. I didn't know that" and then continue the conversation.