Views on naturist philosophy

artfid

Hello all!

I'm a naturist asexual and I would like to know the opinion of other fellow aces about the topic, so I developed a few questions on it.

1. What is your view (in general) on the naturist ideals?
  2. What is your view on non-sexual nudity?
  3. Have you ever tried (or think about trying) it?
  4. What do you think of people who do it?
  5. Do you believe that being nude in a non-sexual way is a good method to be in touch with the nature?
  6. Do you think being nude in a non-sexual way conflicts by any means with any asexual ideal?

Those are my questions about the naturist philosophy. I would really appreciate if you fellow aces could answer these so I could understand better what's your view as a community.

Thanks in advance.

What is your view (in general) on the naturist ideals?

I'll be honest, even though I've listened to an extensive one whole podcast on the subject, I had to Wikipedia what naturist ideals were. And I came away going "neat." I'm a bit of a hippie already, so I don't think naturist ideals are much of a stretch for me.

What is your view on non-sexual nudity?

Sort of by default, nudity is non-sexual to me. Even when it's sexual I'm very detached from it. I think normalizing the naked form a little is a fine idea, although I wouldn't say I'm passionate about it.

Have you ever tried (or think about trying) it?

Sure, I've thought about it. I have an almost zero degree of shame in regards to my body. It's not the nakedness that I'm against, it's something I'll get to in point five.

What do you think of people who do it?

If I heard that one of my friends was into it, I'd go "neat." Much like sex, I'm largely indifferent to the idea.

Do you believe that being nude in a non-sexual way is a good method to be in touch with the nature?

Yeah... here's my main hitch. I love nature, but it's uncomfortable. There's bugs everywhere. I'm a very fair skinned person, so I'd have to apply sunscreen to my entire body every three hours. I'd constantly be going after phantom itches because I'd be worried there would be a spider on me.

Would I go swimming naked? Sure. And then I'd put clothes back on because I just washed off all my bug spray and sunscreen.

Could it be a good way to connect with nature? Sure. But I connect so much easier with some coverings because I don't have a nice coat of fur.

Do you think being nude in a non-sexual way conflicts by any means with any asexual ideal?

I'll be honest, I don't know what the asexual ideal is either. But I don't think so. I know there's many asexuals out there who are uncomfortable with nakedness, whether their own or someone else's, but I'm cool with it. Though I typically only experience it in locker rooms, so who am I to say, really.

1. Don't have much of an opinion one way or the other. Folks can do what they want.

2. View on nudity is that it's a bundle of cells without clothes.

3. Nope. My skin burns super easy in the summer, and over half the year I'm under snow. Plus, I don't feel like subjecting people to my looks. I'm nothing spectacular to look at.

4. See answer to number one.

5. Depends on who you ask. There's no one size fits all way to get closer to nature.

6. Na.

Here are some answers from a sexual person for ya.

1. Had to google. No strong opinion, but it sounds like they're people who are trying to live ethically and peacefully, so... sure, great I guess.

2. I don't have one. Nudity is nudity, bodies are bodies, the end.

3. Nope.

4. Nothing in particular. What they do is their business.

5. I imagine that's a highly individual thing. For some people I'm sure it really helps them feel in touch with nature. For me personally, it would just stress me the hell out. I greatly dislike being naked unless I'm showering or having sex.

6. No? What's an "asexual ideal" anyway?

Archived