How to come out?

So I'm thinking of coming out to my friends, but I'm not sure how.

I've sorta come out online, and at least one of my friends saw it out of a possible two. But I have a few other friends who wouldn't have seen it, since they don't follow me (it's an art account, not personal)

I'm really nervous, and I'm scared of the questions and speculation I'll be faced with. One friend is a good LGBT Ally, and one is bisexual, but I'm not sure how the others are with sexualities other than,, straight.

I'd appreciate if anyone could share how they came out, or if they have any suggestions on how I should do it;

Maybe you could ask your friend who already knows to help you come out to the rest?

Some people find it helpful to test the waters, so to speak, by talking to your friends about asexuality first (perhaps by bringing up a media example or showing them an article you "came across").

• Like 1

Don't do it if it doesn't feel right, if your are too nervous, having a bad day (or they are) or somethings just feels off, leave it for later. Be sure you can explain as best as possible your feelings and reasoning, just in case they ask (or just tell them to come to Aven to learn ). And even if they seem a bit "put off" by your coming out at first, remember, if they are your friends they will accept you no matter what. Good luck!

• Like 2

I like to bring up the topic of fictional characters who are a-spec or I think might be, just to see how they react first, then tell them that I relate to said characters because of that. That's how I came out to my brother, who watches Bojack Horseman

• Like 1
The Mighty James

The first person I told was someone I absolutely trusted not to tell anyone unless I said they could. She did ask me what Asexual was but I gave a quick explanation and then it was done.

The second time was a bit more handy as he knew what Asexual was. Again someone I knew I could trust to keep it secret until a time I may like to go public with it.

After the first time you come out it gets easier and easier every time.

The main thing to know is that you shouldn't feel obligated to come out. If you don't feel comfortable about it, then wait until you do. (Although sometimes that quick 20 seconds of courage can help)

• Like 1