what finger should a black ring be worn ??

I am thinking of wearing a black ring when I go to pride, I am unsure what ring should it be worn though. any ideas???

The Roomba Chicken

I believe that the black ring of asexuality is supposed to be worn on your right hand, middle finger,

Apologies if I'm wrong! 

Hoped this helped ❤️ 

• Like 5

ok thankyou. I ask because I heard that swingers use a black ring aswell so I dont want to get the wrong finger and wrong hand haha

• Like 2
Celyn: The Lutening

Yeah, I think you were right to double check! It wouldn't be the end of the world if someone mistook you for a swinger, but it's a situation that I'm sure nobody wants.

Although saying that, most swinger communities and sites are really, really good about being clear that the middle finger of the right hand is for us.

And hey, if an ace wants to wear the black ring on a different finger, nobody's going to stop them. It's their body. (If somebody's going to do that, I would probably recommend they wear something else showing ace pride though...)

The middle right so you can display it prominently while flipping off anyone who says asexuals aren't valid!

I just started wearing one.  No one's noticed it yet and i'm not really out yet so I'm kind of keeping it on the DL, but it feels nice to have it for myself.  Just making that statement feel kind of validating for me.  Mine is silicon because I could not for the life of me find a metal one at the mall, and I'd break hematite in a minute.  It's really pretty though and very comfortable.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Claire1983 said:

The middle right so you can display it prominently while flipping off anyone who says asexuals aren't valid!

I just started wearing one.  No one's noticed it yet and i'm not really out yet so I'm kind of keeping it on the DL, but it feels nice to have it for myself.  Just making that statement feel kind of validating for me.  Mine is silicon because I could not for the life of me find a metal one at the mall, and I'd break hematite in a minute.  It's really pretty though and very comfortable.

Flipping people off with the finger that I have my black ring on? Awesome! :D 

Yeah, I'd be very careful with the hematite ones. I tried one of those, and it broke quite easily... 😢 

3 minutes ago, Dani-Chan said:

Flipping people off with the finger that I have my black ring on? Awesome! :D 

Yeah, I'd be very careful with the hematite ones. I tried one of those, and it broke quite easily... 😢 

I had a hematite one for 5 minutes when I was 10.  My grandparents took me to a gem show and I bought it, then proceeded to slap my hand against a metal railing and crack it in half.  So silicone seemed like a MUCH safer choice.

Sweet Potato

mine is tungsten carbide, got it at a jewelers in the men's wedding ring section.

worn on the right hand middle finger almost all the time. I only take it off for work, showers and to clean it.

• Like 1
Biblioromantic

Ace rings are definitely worn on the middle right finger.

I had someone else wearing an ace ring comment on mine once. He pointed at my ring, showed me his, and then said, "Hey, I bet you really like cake, huh?" I was beyond thrilled. It was our own little "hey, I see you! I get you! we're instant friends!" moment.

Funnily enough, my mom just noticed my ring for the first time last night as the family was sitting around the dinner table enjoying some ice cream. I'd just come out to her as ace on Friday morning, and I knew by then she'd told my dad, but I didn't want to out myself to my two brothers who were also sitting there but weren't really paying attention. I was like "yeah, it's about that thing I told you about." She looked at me like she wanted to rip it off my finger and burn it but was betting I would put up a fight about it. Damn right I'd put up a fight! I'm 37 flipping years old, and I can make my own flipping decisions. My dad just kept right on eating his ice cream and didn't really bat an eye. So yeah, I guess the coming out thing isn't going to be received well long term.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Biblioromantic said:

Ace rings are definitely worn on the middle right finger.

I had someone else wearing an ace ring comment on mine once. He pointed at my ring, showed me his, and then said, "Hey, I bet you really like cake, huh?" I was beyond thrilled. It was our own little "hey, I see you! I get you! we're instant friends!" moment.

Funnily enough, my mom just noticed my ring for the first time last night as the family was sitting around the dinner table enjoying some ice cream. I'd just come out to her as ace on Friday morning, and I knew by then she'd told my dad, but I didn't want to out myself to my two brothers who were also sitting there but weren't really paying attention. I was like "yeah, it's about that thing I told you about." She looked at me like she wanted to rip it off my finger and burn it but was betting I would put up a fight about it. Damn right I'd put up a fight! I'm 37 flipping years old, and I can make my own flipping decisions. My dad just kept right on eating his ice cream and didn't really bat an eye. So yeah, I guess the coming out thing isn't going to be received well long term.

That sounds cool, having that "Hey, I see you! I get you!" moment. Haven't had that myself yet, but maybe I will one day... I live in a pretty small city, though. It's very easy to feel alone in a place like this. :( 

It sucks how your mom reacted to your ring. Hopefully you won't have to fight over it, but I can totally see why you would. Be strong! 💪😀

I'm wearing mine on my right hand wedding finger right now because one nobody is going to know what it means where I live. I guess perks of living in a small town. I only wear it as a symbol of pide since they don't sell asexual clothing. I use to wear mine on the right middle finger but my ring doesn't fit anymore since I'm at the age where I'm getting a little bit chubbier (20 - 25 is almost as bad as going through puberty again). I spent alot on my ring because it means alot to me and I still want to wear it untill I can afford another one that I like just as much.

I wear mine on the right middle finger, but if I'm out and about and my hand starts swelling from the heat I'll put it on my left ring finger. I wear mine for pride and as a small way to show I'm ace since no one around me knows what it means.