Concern for the rise of Incel

umbasa

Let's remember to keep the conversation to the topic at hand, not on specific members. If the thread continues to go off course, it will be locked to cool down.

Lia

Mod

Clumsy Fairy
10 minutes ago, Ardoise said:

I agree with @Grimalkin. What are you doing here? 

Nobody likes a devil's advocate.

Easy to mistake them for devils.

I am here because I am asexual. It's a forum for asexual's isn't it? 

Anyone else think I should just leave?

Anthracite_Impreza
11 minutes ago, G0D said:

I just want to say that I would not DARE to question your asexuality, nor anyone else's and I am frankly fucking shocked by this. I have been VERY open, and VERY candid about my situation, and have written about it often. I am about as far from an Incel as it is possible to get in ANY respect. I have a motorbike accident nearly 10 years ago, and fucked up my back, and ended up with cronic and mind blowing pain. I ended up taking more morphine than a cancer patient, and that fucked up everything with my hormones. I KNOW why I have no libido, I haven't had any desire for sex for 8 years, I lost desire, I find people kissing hard to look at. I also got fucking fat cos I can't walk any where, or stand for very long, I'm in agony about 5 days a week, and in withdrawal because I can't really increase my dose as I will die for that time, and then I get about 2 days a week when I am just out of it, and can't feel much at all. Oh yeah, so I went from being a very good looking, and virile male to a fat ugly unkept specimen with no real friends apart from online. Oh and just to top it off I go threw bouts of severe depression that last anything up to about 5 months. I really know what it is like to have people look down on me, and think "yuk". But Thank GOD I don't want to have sex....... Fuck... That would be a killer.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread but I'm sorry you went through this, and I most certainly don't want you to leave. 

I have also mentioned that "not all" incels are misogynist men but those of us who have tried to speak a voice of reason have been ignored because people would rather gripe and complain. The problem is not all incels. The problem is those incels that develop that peculiarly violent view of the world.

Am I here to pick a fight because I dare to say, "not all"? I am a liberal feminist but I get tired of hearing these extreme overgeneralizations and I get tired of hearing that people are tired of hearing "not all". However, I am getting to the point where I'll start shouting "not all" like a broken record until the extremists stop making extreme overgeneralizations.

One of the rules I learned for having a fair discussion, do not make generalizations, avoid the use of absolutes like "always" "never" "all" or "none". These absolutes are rarely based in reality.

I’m not defending incels, but I will say I have turned down my share of women over the years. And I can say when I do they become nasty and irrational and DO have an attitude that JUST BECAUSE they are a woman absolutely every man is required to be interested in them no matter how unappealing they are. And if you aren’t then you are the issue because it certainly could never be them. 

5 hours ago, bejjinks said:

However, I am getting to the point where I'll start shouting "not all" like a broken record until the extremists stop making extreme overgeneralizations. 

I think the issue with many groups, is that the worst percentile of them, will often have the loudest voice. Those with the least voice, but who live up to the original ideals of the group, aren't equally vocal calling out the actions of those few.

I already know, I'll often have to answer for the actions of few black men, socially. I've accepted it. I have zero issue, calling out the bad apples. The issue with this, is I'll be told I'm "not black" for doing so. I think a life of crime in a western country, is a choice. Very few in the black community want to denounce the actions of the few in the community. Look inwards, to fix the issues. Point fingers at police, or scapegoats that allow the community to continue to avoid looking in the mirror.

So I agree on the basis of "not all".

However, I'll call out any hypocritical movement whenever I see one.

To me, any group that absolves itself from having any hypocrisy within it called out to me, is equally dangerous (or equally prone to extremism) as an incel community gone bad for a percentile of its members.

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I’m not defending incels, but I will say I have turned down my share of women over the years. And I can say when I do they become nasty and irrational and DO have an attitude that JUST BECAUSE they are a woman absolutely every man is required to be interested in them no matter how unappealing they are. And if you aren’t then you are the issue because it certainly could never be them. 

I've had exactly the same experience with... rejecting men. Kinda this "who the f*** do you think you are, rejecting ME? You're (a string of horrible words follows) and a total delusional and messed up b*tch". So... bad apples are everywhere, regardless of their gender and people who can't take rejection well are a pretty common sight.

This whole dating/relationships thing is so high-voltage that it simply blows up people's fuses, it seems.   

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

All I'm taking away from this thread is that anyone having sex with a bot will probably end up in A&E with superficial burns due to friction with rubber material!😆

Archived