9 Pride Flags Whose Symbolism Everyone Should Know

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

My last World Watch spam of the day, I promise. :P 

https://www.bustle.com/p/9-pride-flags-whose-symbolism-everyone-should-know-9276529 

Bustle

5 June 2018

The asexual flag is #9 in the list!

And last but certainly not least is the asexual pride flag. I'm asexual — "ace" for short — and I can tell you that for me, being asexual means having very little sexual attraction to anyone. But other asexual folks do have sex, and even enjoy it. Like many identities on this list, asexuality is highly subjective and everyone experiences it differently — but all of our experiences are valid.

The asexual flag's colors represent identities within the asexual umbrella, according to The Asexuality Archive. Black is for straight-up asexual, grey is for grey-asexuality and demisexuality, white is for non-asexual partners and allies, and purple is for the asexual community as a whole.

All of these flags represent valid and welcomed identities in the LGBTQ community. When you're at Pride this year, remember to look for some of the lesser-known flags, and remember that folks who identify with them need support as much as folks who identify with the rainbow flag that you'll see all over this June.

everywhere and nowhere

I absolutely HATE listicles. The very title "n [things] that you [something] is enough to make me mad.

Claire1983

You don't have to read them...

everywhere and nowhere
1 minute ago, Claire1983 said:

You don't have to read them...

Of course I don't, but their ubiquity annoys me so much... On some websites it's hard to find a non-listicle.

Kitteη χ

@Nowhere Girl, at least it's not the type of list where every item is on a separate page. I think almost everyone would agree that those are infuriating beyond comprehension.

57 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I absolutely HATE listicles

I actually write educational 'listicles' and get paid pretty well for them haha, mine are awesome though of course :P

Spoiler

9 Pride Flags Whose Symbolism Everyone Should Know

I don't know any of those and I'm not ashamed about that!

Archived