Questions

lp2829

I have a question, I am recently questioning my sexuality. I have never had a crush and really no interest in dating, I think maybe I would like to have one in the future, but not right now. I have never felt anything I considered sexual attraction and when I read books or watch movies I just can't relate to the love(i.e. Romeo and Juilet, etc.) part bc I just can't imagine what it feels like. I believe I am gray-ace, but am still waiting to see if i'm a late bloomer or not, but I was wondering, 1)iif I would want a relationship in the future would I still be grace and 2) say I do find some I really like would I still be grace. Sorry if these are dumb questions, i'm just trying to figure out where and if I am on the spectrum.:cake:

Claire1983

They're not dumb at all!  There are some complicated nuances to things and it can be tricky so ask away!

To your question, I take it you are on the young side, so it's possible that down the road things might change or it might not.  You may also update your identity when you have a little more experience.  Gray ace means that you almost never or only under specific circumstances experience sexual attraction.  So if you were to meet some one and be attracted and that's the only or one of the few times you ever feel that, then that sounds very much like gray to me.  There's also demi-sexual which is a subset of gray where you only experience attraction after forming a strong emotional bond with someone.  Those are are to figure out until you actually experience them.  You can definitely be in a relationship and still be ace.  Also be aware that sexual and romantic attraction can be separate.  Asexuals can still be romantically attracted to someone.  Or not.  And aromantics can still experience sexual attraction.  or not.  

So just go with the label that best describes you as you feel now, and when or if you find a better one, use that. 

Archived