general kpop thread!♥

idlestars

5 hours ago, The Dryad said:

Did anyone else hear that HyunA and E'Dawn are dating, well I'm pretty sure they only came out as public because of how much hate HyunA got for "skinship" with him in the first place, so much that Triple H got called a threesome couple, but netizens are still complaining about HyunA and Hui, even though she dating E'Dawn, poor girl, I love Hyuna she's always been my favorite, she's pretty much the reason I got into K-pop in the first place.

omg that was wild, i cant believe triple h got all their schedules cancelled over that bullshit. knetz be doing the absolute most as usual. the only good thing about thos situation was the jokes on twitter, i cackled literally. but seriously just let them date in peace 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Beyonce said:

omg that was wild, i cant believe triple h got all their schedules cancelled over that bullshit. knetz be doing the absolute most as usual. the only good thing about thos situation was the jokes on twitter, i cackled literally. but seriously just let them date in peace 

Seriously. I saw a post that said " The FBI needs to hire these unemployed netizens" XD

I got into kpop in a weird way.

I was into Japanese rock particularly a band called Dir en Grey. They're pretty much dark, weird & horror type vids. I was watching one of their songs which involved a kid killing his parents and I saw an SNSD vid in the side bar.

Got curious and never looked back.

This was in 2008.

Nowadays I'm mainly an EXO-L and a NCTzen but I love Red Velvet, Blackpink, Jessi, Sunmi and lately Twice has been growing on me.

• Like 3
LadyWallflower

It's such a shame that Netizens acted that way, because Triple H's music is great. I love the vibe, and their music videos are so creative and interesting.

I hope everything will be okay with Hyuna and E'Dawn. I think I read somewhere that E'Dawn is not promoting with Pentagon, but I'm not sure if that is true. This is really frustrating for them to be treated that way. And Triple H's performances have been canceled. It's so silly!

Unpopular opinion, but I feel they shouldn't have revealed their relationship to the public. I don't mind idols dating at all, but seeing the reactions of Korean fans as well as some netizens, it was a wrong move. They managed to hide it well for so many years, they could had managed for some more. What I fear is that their careers are going to be affected negatively. Though, it's a matter of personal choice in the end. 

I also don’t think they should have revealed their relationship. I don’t support bashing them, trying to get E’Dawn leave Pentagon or whatever, but I understand why someone would get upset because of these kind of news. Like some people just want to be difficult but I know it actually hurts some people. I remember when LuHan announced that he was dating and some girls actually committed suicides because of it. While I think that’s a little extreme I can completely understand how much it can hurt. Imagine if you were deeply in love with your idol and then they reveal they’re dating someone, how much it would hurt to know that it's someone else they're in love with - oh wait you can’t, cause no one ever understands how things like this feel :’)

• Like 1
On 8/9/2018 at 5:35 AM, LadyWallflower said:

It's such a shame that Netizens acted that way, because Triple H's music is great. I love the vibe, and their music videos are so creative and interesting.

I hope everything will be okay with Hyuna and E'Dawn. I think I read somewhere that E'Dawn is not promoting with Pentagon, but I'm not sure if that is true. This is really frustrating for them to be treated that way. And Triple H's performances have been canceled. It's so silly!

I've never liked Hyuna's concepts or stage antics nor am I a fan of Triple H but I feel so sorry for them (especially Hyuna cause ever she has gotten flack for so much stuff over the years.) that they got cancelled just for dating. To me if an idol is happy as a fan you'd want to preserve their happiness. Makes me wonder if knets have ever had a life really. 🤔

• Like 1
LadyWallflower

I have a feeling they told because they didn't think people would react negatively. Of course, normally fans do react negatively when idols admit to dating. But this is a different circumstance. People were shipping Hyuna and E'Dawn because of Triple H. Imagine you are in a long-term healthy relationship with someone. Imagine that your fans are actively and loudly shipping you. In those circumstances, I can understand why they revealed their relationship. Unfortunately, they should have just been a little careful and revealed after Triple H's promotions were over. Because things didn't turn out as well as they thought.

But Hyuna and E'Dawn have every right to reveal their relationship! They aren't doing anything wrong. Just because some fans react negatively doesn't mean Hyuna and E'Dawn did something wrong.

I've been a fan of Kpop for about 11 years now. My first loves where OT5 DBSK, and the first song I ever heard from them was Rising Sun. I'm still forever upset that they split up. My first girl group that I got into was Wonder Girls.

I'm more of a casual fan nowadays, but I've really been loving these groups/soloists: Taemin, BTS, EXO, VIXX, After School, Ga In, Hyolyn, and Red Velvet.

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2018 at 4:15 PM, katinthehat said:

I've been a fan of Kpop for about 11 years now. My first loves where OT5 DBSK, and the first song I ever heard from them was Rising Sun. I'm still forever upset that they split up. My first girl group that I got into was Wonder Girls.

I'm more of a casual fan nowadays, but I've really been loving these groups/soloists: Taemin, BTS, EXO, VIXX, After School, Ga In, Hyolyn, and Red Velvet.

@katinthehat DBSK 4eva seriously. My first loves were OT13 Super Junior but Dong Bang Shin Ki's music was absolutely the stuff of heaven. I still upset with how JYJ were treated after the split. I love 2NE1 and again heartbroken when they disbanded. 

dkfjdkfj hi :3

took a long break from this forum, came back and the first thing im doing is interacting with a kpop thread XD (that's fine cos it's the only thing im semi-sort of comfortable at talking about atm lol)

groups i stan: BTS

groups/artists i kinda-sorta like: sunmi, hyuna, seventeen, mamamoo, blackpink, jessi

bias: seokjin

I've only been in this kpop world for like 8 months or so? im kinda new. my friend dragged me into it with memes and SSBTS lol. i do listen to other groups but like,,,no time to really stan haha

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

So I haven't seen much about DAY6 on here which is alarming bc they're talented beauties.

I fully recommend stanning them because they're unproblematic, all of them are seriously talented at what they do, their live performances are amazing (there's not a lot of dancing though), and they have written most, if not all, of their songs.

It's very probable that they're so good at their instruments and vocals because they don't have to dance during their performances, aka no dance rehearsals, but they make up for the lack of dancing by just being really charismatic on stage.

I believe my bias is Young K, but it's pretty hard to choose.

Stan DAY6! :) :) 

• Like 1
FiguredMyselfOut

Exo's Kai and Blackpink's Jennie are rumored dating!!! LETS SUPPORT THEM!!!! #SupportHappiness2019

Anyway, My favorite groups are Seventeen (Wonwoo/Jeonghan), NCT (Doyoung/johnny/dreamies) Stray Kids (Felix/Jisung), and iKon (Junhoe/Song).

I also have been getting into Blackpink, Pentagon, GreatGuys, Izone, and OneUs!!! 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody else excited for Blackpink's World Tour? I'm definitely going and I hope they release the dates soon. I've unconsciously become a Jisoo stan over the past few days as well, but at the same time I appreciate all of the girls individually and love them all - especially as a group. 

The groups I'm stanning are mainly BTS and Blackpink, though I also like NCT127. On the other hand I want to learn more about (G)I-DLE, iKon and Red Velvet since I enjoy their music, though I don't know about many of the members.

BTS was the first group I found that introduced me to the world of kpop. Their energy and their relationships with each other along with their dedication really inspired me - to be honest, if it weren't for Jimin and J-Hope I don't know if I would've stanned them initially, but I feel like I definitely would've regardless after learning about how talented and sweet they all are ( especially since Yoongi is my bias now ) . I think the first song I heard was either Dope or Fire. Before that, I thought kpop meant kid's pop and was extremely confused. I blinked, and suddenly I'd become a fan.

Haha I like that hashtag #SupportHappiness2019 let's hope JenKai are left alone and happy together :) The reactions I've seen so far have been pretty positive?

Anyway, hello everyone x) I haven't been on AVEN since 2016 but just like bultaoreune, of course the first thing I do when I get back is finding a k-pop thread haha 

I've been like more "seriously" into k-pop for about a year now, only casually listened to some things before that. But I've been through a lot in this year x) 

My ult groups are EXO (biases Baekhyun and Kai) and Stray Kids (bias Changbin, but also love Felix, Han, Chan and Minho ahhh so difficult to choose), and I also somewhat stan NCT Dream, or I guess specifically 7dream... I'm not sure how it's gonna be now with all the graduations 😕 there my biases are Jaemin, Jeno and Haechan. 

I've also been... uhh... "lucky"/"impulsive"/"who cares about money"/ kind of like, and got tickets to the ElyXiOn in Hong Kong last June, EXO's 4th concert, and I also got tickets to Music Bank in Berlin last September when they finally came to Europe! So I got to see Stray Kids, (g)i-dle, Wanna One, Taemin and EXO live ^^ It was amazing! 

Besides the groups that I stan, I also regularly listen to some songs from the rest of NCT, Blackpink, Taemin, Pentagon, Wanna One, Seventeen, BTS, Bigbang, Momoland, (g)i-dle and Shinee, but it's mostly just a few songs, so I don't really know their names or anything like that (besides the SM artists)

It's so fun to see other aces into k-pop! I feel like it's easy to feel a bit weird in the k-pop fandom when so many fans drool over artists and all that... 

• 3 weeks later...

I got into kpop ‘cause BTS were about to throw a CB and my kpop friends went all crazy so they brainwashed me lol. I listened to BTs and liked it, then my friends made me go obsessed with kpop.

The bands I stan are

M: SHINee, Stray Kids, BTS, BAP, Seventeen

F: LOONA, Mamamoo

Soloists: G.Soul, Chung Ha, Crush, Dean, Jay Park, Sunmi, Amber, Jessi.

Plus: Ciki and Drug Restaurant. Ciki is a very unknown artist and Drug Restaurant isn’t kpop but it’s one of my favorite Krock bands.

I also soft stan Bigbang, NCT, Gfriend, Day6 and Girl’s Generation.

And I listen to many many more artists

My biases

I don’t really have much biases lol but they are Yoongi (cutie pie badass role model) and Gowon (her silly dances got me).

Oh and my fist kpop song ever was SHINee’s Replay! That song will stay in my heart forever :3

MonsterTurtle

Hey nice to meet you everyone!

Groups i stan:
M: BTS, BAP, GOT7, Big Bang, Infinite
G: Dreamcatcher, Blackpink, Exid, (G)idle, Mamamoo

But honestly i listen to so many groups as well it would be hard to names them all here 😂

My first kpop song was  Lie from Jimin over youtube autoplay haha

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, CoffeeSocks said:

It's so sad first Sulli and now Goo Hara :(

Mental healthcare needs to improve in Korea, and around the world. Sulli and Hara were close friends...it's just so sad. It's not right. May Hara rest in peace and meet with Sulli again. Along with Jonghyun.

19 hours ago, kelico said:

Mental healthcare needs to improve in Korea, and around the world. Sulli and Hara were close friends...it's just so sad. It's not right. May Hara rest in peace and meet with Sulli again. Along with Jonghyun.

I cried when Jonghyun died he was my bias.

It does need to improve all over the world and it doesn't help Idols are held to such a standard

• Like 1

Hey, nice to meet you ~ I talked about k-pop around a little but only now found y'all lol.

First song: Probably something by BoA like that Inuyasha song lollll I was into korean MMOs too so like, Korean MMO soundtracks. Also, Yiruma - River Flows on You ; but the first songs I listened as "oh yeah this is k-pop" were probably Mirotic or Gee :) I liked DB5K and SNSD but then I outgrew k-pop for a long while as I realized how abusive the industry was - through the split of DB5K and biasing Jaejoong - as well as realizing how every song kind of sounded very "naega jim jalagalgalglalgla dum durudududum dudududu dum" electronic trappish stuff, and the main appeal seemed to be dancing (which... I'm bad @) and ~visuals~. I spent around 6 years loving 2 or 3 songs only (namely GD's That XX + 2YOON ft Ilhoons Nightmare + stuff I listened prior ...?) and not touching k-pop in general until someone showed me the wonder of Block B in 2014-15 and I haven't looked back since.

Ultimate groups: Block B + Pentagon + Seventeen (these are the groups I try to own every album and stuff)

Also stan but less compulsively: Laboum + BTOB + NU'EST

RIP u'll be missed: Royal Pirates + Pristin + Orange Caramel

Enjoy discography loads but don't actively stan/buy albums/etc (yet?? Gfriend is SO growing on me): Gfriend + Monsta X + Momoland + GOT7 + BTS + EXO + Taeyeon + Ha:tfelt + Red Velvet + Dreamchaser etc

Biases: Half of Pentagon tbh + Ahn Jaehyo + Hwang Minhyun + BTOB's Lee Minhyuk + (secondarily?->) Taeyeon + Jaejoong + Jackson Wang + James Lee + "Jamie" Jimin + Nancy + idk from the top of my mind ??

My only concert so far was Pentagon's Prism Tour last september ♥

The Chaser really is a timeless bop ia. I enjoy Dreamcatcher's Lucky Strike cover as well :)

• 2 months later...

I am so down the rabbit-hole that is all things VIXX (again) that it isn't even funny. But I also can't regret it at all.

I feel absolutely silly with how semi-obsessively my free time is being spent but at least I know k-pop industry is pretty much set up to try and create that sort of thing for their groups (and they've had time to get very good at it). Very different than the way the industry is set up and gains fans in the West. o.o

• Like 1

Ken and his INto The Unkown cover*

• Like 1

I was today years old when I found Hyunjin was in fact a rapper-

Also, any STAY here? I like a community.

On 1/30/2020 at 6:48 AM, Yoruka said:

I like several of their songs (Hellevator, Levanter, Miroh are some favorites so far) which surprised me because I don't like such rap-heavy groups normally. They seem like great performers; I just heard that they're touring and I'm in a concert mood so I may try to go see them if tickets aren't too expensive. I'd like to hear Felix's deep voice, especially on Levanter in person.
Edit - So coincidentally they're here this weekend (ha, I usually miss the groups I look up by days). Urg, decent seats are not cheap (and ouch some of those resell sites are harsh) and I forgot about this stupid "mobile only ticket" that I can't use that for some reason seems to be the only one sold anymore... Not sure if that's going to happen.

mellifuouslennie
On 1/30/2020 at 5:48 AM, Yoruka said:

I was today years old when I found Hyunjin was in fact a rapper-

OH MY GOD A STAY PRAISE THE LORD

• Like 2
On 1/31/2020 at 10:21 PM, xAveryx said:

Wouldn't consider myself a stay but I follow stray kids for their music.

Does anyone of you still love bigbang?

I'm actually joining the VIPs.

On 2/2/2020 at 6:42 AM, mellifuouslennie said:

OH MY GOD A STAY PRAISE THE LORD

HAALLELUJAH!