Do you eat ice cream in the winter?

everywhere and nowhere

Ice cream in the winter  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat ice cream in the winter?

• Yes, both indoors and outdoors.
    • Yes, but only indoors.
    • Rarely.
    • No.
    • In the place where I live there's no really cold weather.

This poll is closed to new votes

@gner0 Do you have the same temperature preferences when it comes to cocoa? Will you not drink cocoa when it's warm out?

But then you don't get glorious hot chocolate for half the year!!!

Sweet Potato
1 hour ago, BionicPi said:

But then you don't get glorious hot chocolate for half the year!!!

I save hot chocolate for cool summer evenings. but mid day in the summer? Timmies Ice Capps!

Yes. I usually only eat ice-cream indoors in my house whether it's summer or winter. I also only drink ice cold drinks whether it's summer or winter.

EggplantWitch

I wouldn't generally, for example, sit outside eating a Mr Whippy in British winter when it's somehow both misty and howling a gale at the same time, simply because it's not worth it. However, I would and have eaten scoops and double scoops of delicious, delicious ice cream in ski resorts when walking back to the hotel after a meal out. Even when the temperature was around -10C. If anyone ever happens to be in Canada and stumble across a chain called Cows, I can heartily recommend it 😜

6 minutes ago, EggplantWitch said:

If anyone ever happens to be in Canada and stumble across a chain called Cows, I can heartily recommend it 😜

Cows is awesome. I have to eat it at least once every time I go to Prince Edward Island. (Which is usually in the summer, though.)

Kitteη χ

Yes, but only indoors. The problem with eating it outdoors in the winter wouldn't be the ice cream itself, but the fact that you're outdoors in the winter. I don't want to be outside when I don't have to be, and you can bet that my face is tucked into the front of my coat and my hands are shoved deep within my pockets for as long as I'm out.

Grumpy Alien
On 6/3/2018 at 7:23 PM, Sweet Potato said:

curious, to those who eat outside in winter, how cold are your winters? anything below -20c is too cold for me, and we get that from mid November through February

It CAN get that low in winter where I’m from but it’s rare and would only be a day or two. No one goes outside during that time except to clear the driveway of snow to get to/from work. The coldest month is January and my area’s average temperature in January is 24F or -4.4C.

I love having ice cream in the winter, it's one of those optimal winter experiences that I really like. :D Sometimes I tend to walk home while it's snowing and still eat ice cream at the same time. Ice cream is so tasty that I just have to occasionally have it no matter what season it currently is.

everywhere and nowhere
4 hours ago, Malum said:

I enjoy eating soft cream while walking outside in the winter. It somehow is relaxing.

Do you mean whipped cream?

I like whipped cream too, provided it's sweet (I hate unsweetened whipped cream :() and "authentic" - not some foam-like, artificial-tasting cream with gas. When I was some 3-5 years old, my mom didn't let me eat ice cream due to recurrent bronchitis, so I would eat whipped cream in a cone instead. Not a standard dessert (in Poland two other whipped cream desserts are standard: thick waffles with any combination of powder sugar / whipped cream / marmelade etc., and whipped cream in a tube-shaped wafer), but I ate it this way because it looked just like ice cream. I still like it, even though now I eat ice cream without apparent harm (while still not being a healthy person, but at least my allergy could probably only be cured at the price of a huge reduction of quality of life - I'd rather remain ill than have to keep a very restrictive diet).

2 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Do you mean whipped cream?

I like whipped cream too, provided it's sweet (I hate unsweetened whipped cream :() and "authentic" - not some foam-like, artificial-tasting cream with gas. When I was some 3-5 years old, my mom didn't let me eat ice cream due to recurrent bronchitis, so I would eat whipped cream in a cone instead. Not a standard dessert (in Poland two other whipped cream desserts are standard: thick waffles with any combination of powder sugar / whipped cream / marmelade etc., and whipped cream in a tube-shaped wafer), but I ate it this way because it looked just like ice cream. I still like it, even though now I eat ice cream without apparent harm (while still not being a healthy person, but at least my allergy could probably only be cured at the price of a huge reduction of quality of life - I'd rather remain ill than have to keep a very restrictive diet).

I think the other word for it is Soft Serve ice cream. 

Winter's are long in Canada. If you don't eat icecream in the winter, you won't get to eat much icecream ever. 😂

Aroace_bookworm

I'm Canadian. It's winter 6 months of the year here (i kept track of last winter's length). If I didn't eat ice cream in the winter, i wouldn't be able to have ice cream half the year! I would never give up ice cream (Though if you're eating it outside, mittens are a must if you don't want severe frostbite)

When we're ever out of ice cream, i freeze whipped cream. It works just as well

• 4 months later...

Strangely, one of the only times I eat ice cream is when it's cold....and I eat hot foods in summer.... what's wrong with me?

( In Korea, I heard that it's common ideology to eat that way though, but in hindsight I see that I'm crazy for acting this way)

Based on that it snowed this saturday and did eat iceream then so yes i do.

everywhere and nowhere
42 minutes ago, Pramana said:

I eat ice cream in the winter but usually only indoors. Most places in Canada it's too cold to eat anything outside during winter.

But most ice cream can also be eaten while walking. Once I ate an ice cream in the street in -10 degrees Celsius. :)

Just now, Nowhere Girl said:

But most ice cream can also be eaten while walking. Once I ate an ice cream in the street in -10 degrees Celsius. :)

The problem is that it's -30 degrees Celsius here during winter.

• 8 months later...

@Nowhere Girl

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived