Personality Attraction

Hayis4horses

Hayis4horses

I apologize if there was another topic about this, but...

Is there a romantic orientation that signifies that you are attracted to someone's personality?

When I get a crush it is always based on personality. Not looks. Not intelligence. Just personality. Does anyone know if a term like that exists?

Thank you. Have some cake. :cake::P

Image result for black unicorn cake 
AcornCarvings

I don't know if there is a term for it (and if there was I personally wouldn't use it probably), but I also get crushes pretty much just on people's personality.

I sometimes get some little, fluffy, transient crushes on people I don't know well because of things like how they move or if they make beautiful music, or whatever. I don't tend to actually count those as crushes, just weird brain-chemichal reactions to sensory things, like how I feel when I am outside in a breeze or looking at a beautiful flower. The only crushes that actually stick though with me more than an hour or so and that I give a lot of thought to are always pretty much based off of personality, or the things I associate with their personality like their mannerisms or how our conversations feel. 

I tend towards the side of not giving things labels, though, so I haven't looked into if there is a term for it or not.

I don't think something like that even needs a label....

Yea, it's called being asexual hahah!

Seriously, I got it bad for this one person. We had become so close and I was squishing hard because we always had really nice conversations on the bus and both played music and whatever. All I wanted to do was hangout with him and talk to him and I became so fond of him! Of course, I had no interest in doing anything beyond that, hah. I just wanted to be his bestest friend he could confide in. Forget holding hands and all that weird stuff couples do. Then he got a girlfriend but it was cool because she was a pretty girl and he liked talking to me more 😈 

I have had this similar feeling with friends of mine, male and female, where I just am really attracted to their personality and fond of them. I'm aro-ace (non-libido) technically although I stop using aro so much as I believe romance is just acts of affection which everyone does non-exclusively. I just call myself a pure-asexual hehe :cake:

It's a very common experience of romantic attraction, it doesn't have its own label besides hetero/homo/bi/pan/polyromantic (and whatever I've missed). Sexual people don't necessarily experience this differently.

If personality is the only factor for you, and the other person's gender doesn't play a role in your attraction, then I suppose that would probably fall under bi or pan. I haven't heard of a specific word to denote only being attracted to personality, but I think it's a common enough experience among ace and non-ace people alike that just saying "I'm only attracted to people's personalities" would be easily understood by most.

• 3 weeks later...
98slbrookes98
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:14 AM, Hayis4horses said:

I apologize if there was another topic about this, but...

Is there a romantic orientation that signifies that you are attracted to someone's personality?

When I get a crush it is always based on personality. Not looks. Not intelligence. Just personality. Does anyone know if a term like that exists?

Thank you. Have some cake. :cake::P

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for black unicorn cake 

Reveal hidden contents

This sounds like demiromantic to me (forming an emotional bond with someone before feeling romantic attraction towards them). if you fall for someone's personality regardless of their gender, then panromantic may also apply. 

Archived