Janus DarkFox

Asexuality : A possible background and how it relates to autism and neurodiversity (ResearchGate)

Janus DarkFox

Asexuality : A possible background and how it relates to autism and neurodiversity

An extensive looking going in depth about Autism's connection with Asexuality.

It is a year old, though may have been revised recently to turn up in my Google Scholar filters.  It seems to look at individuals that are both...

scarletlatitude

I've found there are an alarming amount of articles about asexuality and ___, as if someone is trying to find something... <_<

Thanks for the research link! :) I'm working on updating the research thread so I will definitely add it! 

Miss Anne Thrope

There are some good things and some bad things with this study. It acknowledges the existence of asexuality outside of mental illness and disorders, and it gives evidence that asexuality is generally a stable trait rather than something that can be easily changed. It also says that asexuality in neurotypical people doesn't seem to be caused by environmental factors. However, it claims that asexuality in neurodivergent people stems from sexual disgust. It also states that the concept of romantic orientations is "problematic" because of the evolutionary source of romantic interests; they theorize that aromantics are neurotypical asexuals and those with a romantic orientation are neurodivergent asexuals expressing their sexual orientation while dissassociating such attractions from sex.

At least these people did state that the best way to help neurodivergent people with their asexuality is not to encourage them to form sexual relationships, but to find substitutes for sexual intercourse.

• Like 1