Weird things you do for fun

StormySky

AcornCarvings

I collect newly fallen acorns and scratch patterns into the powdery surface they get when they are new

That's how I picked my name on here ^_^

Sometimes I begin chaining wikipedia entries on historical characters, old books, different artists...keeps me entertained and helps the procrastination  😖

(sadly I forget most of the info soon after so I'm not wiser because of this xD)

-I go on dating apps, then prank all the guys that want to have sex with you.

-Use my earphones at public and dance like no one is around.

-Watching WWE, even it's scripted

• 2 weeks later...
J. van Deijck
On 5/29/2018 at 4:42 AM, Peinture Paix said:

When ever I'm bored, I try mix up my body jewelry and place them in different spots just for a laugh. For instance, I'd try to put a helix jewelry piece in one of my nostril piercings or a septum ring through an ear eyelet/tunnel. 

I do similar things, too 😂

I go down the rabbit hole on wikipedia, one article to the next to the next for what can be hours if I'm not careful. I do he same on certain youtube types.

I read nonfiction for fun. I know many who find that odd

Stop eating and look up information for a conversation

There's a lot my family does that is weird that I don't even know if weird until I'm with other people

Member131995

Read any non fiction I can get my hands on and listen to podcasts, especially This American Life and Anderson Cooper 360. This is why some people find me boring, these things are fun for me 😆

Member131995
2 hours ago, Goonie said:

I read nonfiction for fun. I know many who find that odd

*gasp* a fellow Nonfictioner! People always look at me funny when they're like, omg you haven't Harry Potter!??!! It's the best!!! And then I'm like, oh...that's neat, I really prefer nonfiction, I just finished reading about the history of torture. And they're just like, yuck you read non fic for FUN? How?!?!

@Goonie, @Nancy Esther Nonfiction rocks. I really like books about niche topics in history. Fiction is cool, too, but nonfiction can be just as enriching and interesting... people don't say reality is stranger than fiction for nothing!

@Nancy Esther @Polygon Obviously they have no idea what they are missing as it tends to be way more interesting and fascinating than anything any fiction writer can dream of. My whole family reads non fiction though so I grew up and that was normal. My company when they'd come over would freak out over my books though or read too much into them. This was especially true when I went through my phase about psychology (books on schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder etc) and my phase about serial killers. I tend to read everything I can get my hands on within a certain topic then move onto the next

I forgot to add, I also watch documentaries for funsies especially when crocheting or knitting. People don't understand that either.

Member131995
1 minute ago, Goonie said:

My company when they'd come over would freak out over my books though or read too much into them. This was especially true when I went through my phase about psychology (books on schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder etc) and my phase about serial killers. I tend to read everything I can get my hands on within a certain topic then move onto the next.

This! I have a book on a famine in Ireland and then I have one on the history of torture and other unsavory things like Mengele's Angels and Women who worked for Hitler. People see my books and are like, oh you have problems! 😆

3 minutes ago, Goonie said:

I forgot to add, I also watch documentaries for funsies especially when crocheting or knitting. People don't understand that either. 

*gasp* I love documentaries for fun too!!!! I especially like ones about crimes. Last week I was on a killer bend and I binged Netflix with Killer in the Family and Encounters with Evil. A lot of people who know me think docuseries are boring but I think they're fascinating!

I pay hideous amounts of cash just to try and throw myself off motorcycles.  AKA I do motorbike trackdays.

I don't write any but I also head-roleplay as well as to tabletop roleplay (and some online RPG games).  In fact thats how I deal with my gender dysphoria.

13 hours ago, Nancy Esther said:

This! I have a book on a famine in Ireland and then I have one on the history of torture and other unsavory things like Mengele's Angels and Women who worked for Hitler. People see my books and are like, oh you have problems! 😆

*gasp* I love documentaries for fun too!!!! I especially like ones about crimes. Last week I was on a killer bend and I binged Netflix with Killer in the Family and Encounters with Evil. A lot of people who know me think docuseries are boring but I think they're fascinating!

Oh the crime docuseries. I got this brilliant idea I'd kill time at work by listening to one. I also realized with it coming through speakers, I'd probably end up with a trip to HR so I put in one earbud. There can be a lot of hurry up and wait in my job. I realized I don't just listen, I want to watch and I then forget about the hurry up part on my job. I watched a ton on WWII while working on a baby blanket a couple years ago. Recently I was watching about Irish Mobs. I have the Killer in the Family one on my watch list

Member131995
1 hour ago, Goonie said:

Oh the crime docuseries. I got this brilliant idea I'd kill time at work by listening to one. I also realized with it coming through speakers, I'd probably end up with a trip to HR so I put in one earbud. There can be a lot of hurry up and wait in my job. I realized I don't just listen, I want to watch and I then forget about the hurry up part on my job. I watched a ton on WWII while working on a baby blanket a couple years ago. Recently I was watching about Irish Mobs. I have the Killer in the Family one on my watch list

Ahhhhhh yes! I used to listen to Forensic Files at a place I worked and I would listen on my phone at my desk with headphones so no one knew what I was listening to. My aunt used to call it my "dead people show"😂

And WWII, anything on that as far as documentari go is fascinating to me. That's why I got a hold of Hitler's Women and Mengeles Angels. It's gruesome stuff to be sure, but I feel like I want to know everything, every non made up thing there is to know about the world, all the history. Which is impossible which is why I can't get enough. I'll never run out of stuff to learn about!😄

Archived