Weird things you do for fun

StormySky

I'm curious as to the fun, bizzare things people do!!

-on youtube, I have and know a particular video in mind, and basically I try to sift though reccommend videos until I find it... no searching allowed! I love me a good pointless challenge.

-I live in a place with a lot of nature trails, so basically I wander far enough until I get lost, then I explore and eventually focus on trying to find my way back to the start.

-at school, I sometimes steal people's baseball hats and play keepaway just to be a malevolent troll when I'm bored.

-I start singing a song, then rapidly and smoothly transition to another song that reminds me of it and I keep on going and going until I falter.

-I go out into the world, record random things, then play with them in a DAW

-I get random impulsive desires to do weird and spontaneous things and then I blindly and enthusiastically do them, to the confusion of my friends and family.

And I'll think of more later, the inner mechanations of my mind are an enigma!!

Silk Bones

When ever I'm bored, I try mix up my body jewelry and place them in different spots just for a laugh. For instance, I'd try to put a helix jewelry piece in one of my nostril piercings or a septum ring through an ear eyelet/tunnel. 

I don't know if I can call it fun explicitly. There's never really been "fun" in my life for a very long timespan. But there's things that make me feel slightly better. It's been a bit of a habit wherever I've gone on the internet and I notice it's happening again here. I keep an eye out for people asking for help. It'd be stupid of me to think I can help everybody. But if there's a thread on here asking for help and I have some kind of advice that might help, then I can't not give it. Again, I'm not sure if it constitutes as fun. It's quite taxing on me. I don't have the energy for communication I once did. But if I can help provide the keys to somebody to get out of a jam despite how awfully tiresome it can be to me, then it makes me somewhat satisfied. 

Celyn: The Lutening

-Seeing how close I can get to wild animals before they fly/run away.

-Making abstract sculptures out of random things I find around the house and seeing how tall I can get the tower.

-A group of friends started "bad fanfiction Fridays". Each person brings a really bad fanfiction they found and reads it out - no deliberately writing it badly yourself, nothing off websites that gather bad fanfiction, it has to be found trough trawling through fanfiction.com, AO3 etc.

RoseGoesToYale

-using cross stitch patterns to make pixel art instead

-writing "self-help" guides with purposefully bad advice

-thumbing through every pre-90s architecture periodical in the campus library

-play dress-up with whatever's in the closet and take goofy photos

I don't know if I would consider this fun or torture, but since I aim to become a translator, I find random articles/comics/etc. in Japanese and translate them into English.

Sweet Potato
42 minutes ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

using cross stitch patterns to make pixel art instead

I've done that!

1 hour ago, Gareki said:

I don't know if I would consider this fun or torture, but since I aim to become a translator, I find random articles/comics/etc. in Japanese and translate them into English.

I like translating secret codes, which is kind of masochistic too. You could get a job as a translator, though!!

Duke Memphis

I balance random objects on top of my head.

Study French.

Write fanfiction.

I mean maybe these things aren't objectively that weird but I don't know anyone offline who writes fanfiction, and everyone who sees me with a French grammar book (coworkers, etc.) act like it's such a weird and stupid thing to do.

-Look at controversial and inflammatory things people post on the internet because I'm a masochist like that.

-(While at home)Experiment with my makeup, often ending up looking goth or emo.

-(Also while at home)Put on weird and/or revealing outfits that I would never dare wear out in public.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I read encyclopedias for fun. 

I dramattically and overpassionately drum on nearly anything in front of me. Even when I'm feeling all light and bubbly inside, I drum like I'm marching into battle

AwkwardAxolotl

I slog through mud, become a buffet for the local insect population, and sleep on roots/rocks. In other words, I like backpacking. I also like to set new personal records for coldest temperature I've gone camping in. My roommates think I'm nuts when I come back and complain that it only got down to 12 degrees the night before, because it means I didn't set a new record for myself.

- purposefully ruin somebody's counting by calling out random numbers. 

- do bad dance moves in public so I can try to get people to laugh or at least make their day interesting. Yes, I am a bad influence, but some of them looked like they were having a good time seeing me act as if I was possessed.

- balancing objects on people's heads.

I don't do this on a regular basis but when it was my aunt's birthday I whispered "I have a gift for you." I brought out my hand slowly. It was an egg. I told her I hoped she'd have an egg-cellent day. I don't consider it a loss since she didn't throw me out of the car but I could tell she was close to doing that. Everyone loves puns. Everybody.

I have a strange imaginary world-kind of thing going on in my head that I call Blank Alley and I basically imagine all kinds of happenings for its 'universe'. There are loads of characters and many different stories, which makes it really complicated and ambiguous but it often keeps me entertained. :D And also helps me fall asleep at night.

When it's summer and there are puddles around I tend to wear crocs just so I can walk all around the puddles without ruining any socks or shoes. The deepest puddles are the most fun ones!

knittinghistorian
On 5/28/2018 at 9:55 PM, Celyn said:

-Making abstract sculptures out of random things I find around the house and seeing how tall I can get the tower.

My uncle owns a car tire and service shop.  He's had this sculpture as far back as I remember, made out of all the things he's pulled out of flat tires, all welded together.  He adds new things to it constantly.  There are the expected items, like nails and sharp bits of metal, but there are also weird things, like a really unexpected number of knives and forks.  The name of the sculpture is "Do You Recognize Your Flat?"

SorryNotSorry

I make something out of wood or metal. I find this is great for creeping women out, much like saying you make shrunken heads in your basement.

knittinghistorian

I watch everything closed-captioned.  Three reasons:

1.  In case someone mumbles or something.

2.  Because reading is good.

3.  Because the captions are often hilarious.  Yesterday I encountered a caption that said <performing vocal exercises badly>.

Celyn: The Lutening
5 hours ago, _DEVIN_ said:

- purposefully ruin somebody's counting by calling out random numbers. 

- do bad dance moves in public so I can try to get people to laugh or at least make their day interesting. Yes, I am a bad influence, but some of them looked like they were having a good time seeing me act as if I was possessed.

- balancing objects on people's heads.

I don't do this on a regular basis but when it was my aunt's birthday I whispered "I have a gift for you." I brought out my hand slowly. It was an egg. I told her I hoped she'd have an egg-cellent day. I don't consider it a loss since she didn't throw me out of the car but I could tell she was close to doing that. Everyone loves puns. Everybody.

This has given me the biggest squish on you :3 

The other day me, my dad and my brother were in the supermarket and for some reason Dad just starts doing silly walks. My brother and I don't say anything but both just start copying him. So there's just the three of us walking down the aisle like penguins or whatever. We certainly got stares.

globetrotter85
On 5/29/2018 at 3:06 AM, StormySky said:

-on youtube, I have and know a particular video in mind, and basically I try to sift though reccommend videos until I find it... no searching allowed! I love me a good pointless challenge.

Haha I do this too! 

laurenkaye

I go on Facebook and read all the comments on FOX news. Equally depressing and entertaining 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bizarre habit / ritual that I carry out whenever I go on a trip or vacation. Before I go, I pick up a small stone (about the size of an egg or a tiny bit bigger) off the ground or off the beach in my local area where I live. 

I then take that stone with me on my trip. I will then at some point find a similarly sized stone somewhere during my trip, and I will pick it up and drop my other stone from back home in its place. I will then take the second stone I picked up on my trip back home and drop it in the same place I picked up my first stone. 

I don't know why I do this, it is a habit I can't bring myself to stop doing! Last year I swapped two stones between France and California!

On 5/31/2018 at 2:38 PM, knittinghistorian said:

I watch everything closed-captioned.  Three reasons:

1.  In case someone mumbles or something.

2.  Because reading is good.

3.  Because the captions are often hilarious.  Yesterday I encountered a caption that said <performing vocal exercises badly>.

I do this too! It used to really irritate the crap out of my parents and they kept telling me I am not deaf, but I defiantly carried on anyway. 

I make spreadsheets, and sometimes do basic image editing in GIMP or MSPaint.

On 5/31/2018 at 4:48 AM, _DEVIN_ said:

OMG

Hick Wizard

I like to watch crappy sci-fi movies from the late 70's to early 80's. The last one I watch was called "Bermuda Triangle" it has a possessed doll, ghost ships, and random scenes of aircraft disappearing when hit with some sort of light. A total crap fest, but fun to watch.

I also like to make up stupid songs about the dog and sing them to her.  

Archived