I'm so confused? Help figuring out who I am

sadlapis

Hey guys

So for a while now I've identified as a lesbian, both romantically and sexually. But there's something else to it, something I can no longer ignore. I think I am romantically attracted to men, but not sexually (thus why on my description it says "biromantic lesbian"). I've had crushes on men before but never sexual ones, it's just something I can't feel for men, only women. Does this mean I'm gray ace? Should I give dating ace men (who are bi or heteroromantic of course) a chance? Everything's so confusing lmao. I don't know if I fit in with you guys since I do feel sexual attraction but only towards other women, not towards men (to whom I am attracted romantically, thus why I signed up to ask here. A lot of people in the rest of the LGBT community don't believe love and sex to be separate things either so I wanted a more reliable answer also). 

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

It sounds like you have yourself figured out already, and you're coming here for confirmation because an Asexual community must by necessity treat sexual and romantic orientations as separate where an LGBT+ community wouldn't.
You probably are a Biromantic Lesbian if what you're saying is accurate, and you're welcome here.
I'd say, try dating Heteroromantic Asexual men if you don't mind a relationship with little to no sex, but keep in mind that Asexuals make up a tiny percentage of the population.

And if you're unsure of whether you're a Gray Ace, I recommend reading this post about personal identification,

10.jpg

22 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

Welcome to AVEN!

It sounds like you have yourself figured out already, and you're coming here for confirmation because an Asexual community must by necessity treat sexual and romantic orientations as separate where an LGBT+ community wouldn't.
You probably are a Biromantic Lesbian if what you're saying is accurate, and you're welcome here.
I'd say, try dating Heteroromantic Asexual men if you don't mind a relationship with little to no sex, but keep in mind that Asexuals make up a tiny percentage of the population.

And if you're unsure of whether you're a Gray Ace, I recommend reading this post about personal identification,

10.jpg

Thanks a lot! This really helped, and yeah I'm probably just looking for confirmation on what I already know lmao. I feel so much more comfortable with this label than with either just lesbian or outright bi. Again, thanks for accepting me. 

moved from sex talk to the grey area

iff,

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I’m in the same boat!

i think identifying as gray opens a new possibly of flexiblity and love and romantic advancements 

Archived