Help please

CasperJ

I am having a little fender identity crisis. I don’t know what my gender is. I was born a girl but I think I might be a guy. I think this because I really feel very uncomfortable about wearing feminine clothes. It also tends to make me feel stressed and want to turn invisible. I can’t see I look good, and that makes me feel better, but I still feel uncomfortable that it’s me wearing those clothes. I also really hate my hair. It’s long, and I really, really want it to just go. I hate it sooooo much. Another thing is, is that when I was a kid, I wanted to be a superhero, but I wanted to be a male superhero. And in all the little games, I would be a little boy, and I never liked dolls, but I loved mechano, and the LEGO that was directed at boys, and I loved building circuits. I would always wear the most boyish things that I could get away with. At the moment, I like to look like I have curves, but I think that’s just me embracing the fact I look feminine. I would rather look like a girl than a cereal box with a girls head stuck on top. But I think I would really rather look like a boy.  Another thing that makes everything more confusing, all the celebrities/fictional characters that I would have liked to have been when I was a kid, are female. I dont know if that’s just because they are cool people and I’m a boy, or if it’s just the way I was raised and I am a boy, or if I’m a girl. I’m not sure if I’m a boy or just a girl over reacting to being a bit of a tomboy

Is anything stopping you from wearing the clothes you want to wear and cutting your hair?

Parents can be good at getting their kids to do things their way, but eventually you get away from them. Other parents can be more easy going. I mean, even after you leave home.

Be yourself.

Gender is a such a weird thing, so I can't give much of a straight answer. But I will say that I kinda feel ya to a degree. I hate dressing overly feminine and I prefer to wear more neutral clothing, although I still identify as being female. If your current appearance is really stressing you out that much, then that could be gender dysphoria you're dealing with and you might be transgender. Just experiment with your appearance so can feel more comfortable. 

You can start of questioning whether you feel dysphoric,

do she/her pronouns make you uncomfortable? how do you feel about your chest? How do you want to appear in the eyes of other people?

if you don't feel any dysphoria then think about euphoria,

do you not mind being a girl but would you rather prefer people seeing you as a dude?

Archived