I'm afraid that I'll never find myself

Flump222

Ever since I started questioning myself last December, I've been doubting myself. It goes in phases, but I can never fully accept myself. I always used to think that I was straight, but then I learned about the possibility of me being ace. However, due to my doubt, I couldn't accept and adopt the label, and living without a label is horrible for me. I don't feel like anything, and I feel lost. This kept going on and on, and even when I did think I was ace and have a bit of peace, I could never be prideful of it, or even think about it too much without starting to doubt myself again. I'm going through a doubt phase right now, and this one's worse because previously I used to question whether I was ace or straight, and now (even though these still appear to be the two possible options) I don't have any idea where I belong. People say that I'm valid and such, but it doesn't feel that way. What use is a key if one can't find the door it goes to? I can be valid, but what's the point if I keep living in this horrible uncertainty? I'm just lost, and sad, and scared...

Galactic Turtle

It's ok to be questioning. I think what's more important than a label is knowing what you are and are not comfortable with since knowing your comfort levels is a bigger part of daily life than pride flag pins or what have you.

17 minutes ago, Flump222 said:

Ever since I started questioning myself last December, I've been doubting myself. It goes in phases, but I can never fully accept myself. I always used to think that I was straight, but then I learned about the possibility of me being ace. However, due to my doubt, I couldn't accept and adopt the label, and living without a label is horrible for me. I don't feel like anything, and I feel lost. This kept going on and on, and even when I did think I was ace and have a bit of peace, I could never be prideful of it, or even think about it too much without starting to doubt myself again. I'm going through a doubt phase right now, and this one's worse because previously I used to question whether I was ace or straight, and now (even though these still appear to be the two possible options) I don't have any idea where I belong. People say that I'm valid and such, but it doesn't feel that way. What use is a key if one can't find the door it goes to? I can be valid, but what's the point if I keep living in this horrible uncertainty? I'm just lost, and sad, and scared...

I went through a questioning phase before deciding I was aroace and that's totally fine. The thing with labels is that you aren't stuck being whatever you identify as forever, it may change over time, so if you really feel stuck now then maybe go with your gut instinct and know that you can change in the future.

Sexual Ally

It's ok, there's gonna be doubt along any path that you're on

But I have 2 ideas for you

One is that you ponder the idea of being OK with uncertainty.  Lots of people THINK they're certain able things, and they're actually ignorant.  Maybe it's okay to be uncertain, maybe it's even a strength if you thin about it, which you can learn to embrace.

Two is: no matter what, you and I are so much more than just the sum of our sexual orientations.  It is a part of us, and certainly a  part society seems to have a great deal of interest in.  But it's not even the most interesting aspect us, is it?   It's not what make you YOU.  It's not the essence of your soul.  You're so many more things (things you may not be aware of yet,) than just this particular thing.. 

Archived