Looking for Fantasy Novels

Sad Bread

AroAce_Fangirl

Well it’s probably considered to be for slightly younger teens but I really enjoy Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger 

Luftschlosseule

Second Discworld, Susanna Clarke and Rivers of London.

Since they're next to the Kingkiller Chronicles in my shelf: Gentleman Bastards by Scott Lynch. Three books so far and we're waiting for the next.

Locke Lamora is a priest of the thief-god and he and his people are thieves. They regard thieving as an art, so they're projects tend to be rather sophisticated and... I just like them.

Dark General

I highly recommend reading the Earthsea series by Ursula K. Le Guin. Her writing style is great and the plot, characters, and world-building is interesting in these books.

I second the stormlight archive suggestion, if it continues with the current standard all the way through the series then it will safely become my favourite series. I'd also suggest the lightbringer series by Brent Weeks, it has an amazing magic system and is written fantasticaly.

My top two have already been listed (The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind and The Wayfarer Redemption by Sara Douglas) I highly recommend both 

Hick Wizard

I personally like the Night Watch series. The Night Watch, The Day Watch, The Twilight Watch,  The Last Watch, The New Watch, and The Sixth Watch. They are by Sergei Lukyanenko.

On 5/31/2018 at 4:39 PM, fuzzipueo said:

Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne - Atticus O'Sullivan is a 2000+year old druid who does stupid things like killing gods and getting entangled in other people's arguments. Oberon, Atticus's Irish Wolfhound, is a hoot.

Have you ever tried any Carol Berg? I recommend The Sanctuary Duet and Rai-Kirah 1-3.

Nightrunner by Llynn Flewelling follows Alex and Seregil through seven books as they carry out assignments for their Queen and discover their own truths.

Oh my gosh, you just listed some of my favorite books/authors. <3 Carol Berg's Rai-Kirah series was one of my faves (I haven't heard anyone mention them in forever)! And I will NEVER get tired of Llynn Flewelling's Nightrunner books. Seregil and Alex....I love them so much. ♥ I haven't caught up with the Iron Druid series, but I loved the first few!

I'd like to suggest the Demon Cycle novels by Peter V. Brett. I'm on the third one right now. They're sooooooo good. : )  And I know I have lots of others to recommend...but my memory is awful, so I'd have to be near my bookshelves. :P 

Archived