Suggestions for University

Sad Bread

I want to get a linguistics major but I don't know what school I should go to. I have googled many schools but wanted a more personal opinion. I'm open for any suggestions that you have!

NerotheReaper

Google Best Linguistic schools, or a similar phrase. You might ask what makes a good school for a certain major, I would say the employment rates students have X  amount months after graduating. Some schools really help get their students ready for employment after school, (career fairs, career services on campus) which can be a hard job alone. It is important for a school to be active in their student's success. Also even if you don't attend the best school for your major, make the most out of the school you do attend and network. Networking is very important, when you make connections you give yourself a better chance of eventually landing a job. 

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, NerotheReaper said:

Google Best Linguistic schools, or a similar phrase. You might ask what makes a good school for a certain major, I would say the employment rates students have X  amount months after graduating. Some schools really help get their students ready for employment after school, (career fairs, career services on campus) which can be a hard job alone. It is important for a school to be active in their student's success. Also even if you don't attend the best school for your major, make the most out of the school you do attend and network. Networking is very important, when you make connections you give yourself a better chance of eventually landing a job. 

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your reply it was quite helpful!

Also this book

https://www.amazon.com/Colleges-That-Change-Lives-Schools/dp/0143122304/ref=zg_bs_11634_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PFFJ5JJ24095A4P7HBX2

Was really instrumental in changing the way I thought about college. It also includes the only 3 free colleges in America, and colleges which specifically focus on internships and getting you a job after college.

1 hour ago, Evren said:

Also this book

https://www.amazon.com/Colleges-That-Change-Lives-Schools/dp/0143122304/ref=zg_bs_11634_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PFFJ5JJ24095A4P7HBX2

Was really instrumental in changing the way I thought about college. It also includes the only 3 free colleges in America, and colleges which specifically focus on internships and getting you a job after college.

Thank you I didn't know that there were books I could read about this 

• 3 weeks later...
Hick Wizard

I would check out the University of Iceland, don't know what courses they have, but they don't have tuition fees, so the price is right at least.

Archived