Friday Funny

Traveler40

Traveler40

I generally just stick to the “Friends” section on here due to time constraints and basic interest, but this morning I’m both unable to sleep and clearly curious. So, I wander over yonder, across the divide, and what do I read? (yes, it was a brief glance) They are posting about cookouts, snap peas and burgers, along with gardening and plans for the weekend.  Here we sit, in angst and turmoil, trying to solve this major issue in our lives and over there it’s all potatos and salad. 😳

Of course it’s not really, but that view and greater thought was simply too humorous not to share.  Carry on...

Telecaster68

I thought asexuals were all torn up with guilt at their partner's misery, and never, ever obliviously happy...

It's somewhere in between or all of that at once. Of course, some (many?) of us aces don't have sexual partners so we are guilt-free on that front, but have other things going on in our lives and talk about all sorts of things, from the mundane to the profane, from the most serious topics to the silliest, from the most personal to the most generic. It's all part of our lives (aces and sexual people alike). It's not all potato salad. :lol: 

I do sympathize with sexual people in relationships with aces that are less than satisfactory. And I'm glad I'm not a part of anything like that, for the sake of other people. I wish there were easy answers for people in committed relationships. :( 

Anyway, as an ace maybe I should pull out of this thread...

Telecaster68

It was a slightly pissy comment, I admit, and obviously nobody's going to be agonising 24/7 I agree.

I get where you're coming from. :( 

Traveler40

Well, it was an overall funny depiction as I read it, and we could use a little humor on this side of the divide.  Comic relief - just do! 😉

Traveler40
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Anyway, as an ace maybe I should pull out of this thread...

Nah, you’re always welcome to chime in!

1 hour ago, Traveler40 said:

Nah, you’re always welcome to chime in!

It was a little humor. Very little. :lol: 

8 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

and salad

But not tossed salad, I presume. :D:cake:

It’s like you guys (and ladies) say: a lack of sex/desire affects every part of your life, and we don’t understand. ;)

20 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

I thought asexuals were all torn up with guilt at their partner's misery, and never, ever obliviously happy...

Yes because every asexual on AVEN has a sexual partner who they're having a lot of sex with which is making them very unhappy :)

Now when I'm single again and that huge, grey cloud of sex is far, far away from me, I have time and place in my life for burgers and peas and... even weekends! :D ;)

It really is a bit shameful to feel sorry for oneself on a perfectly good holiday weekend.  Absolutely sex here(no different than any other weekend)- so can’t say I’ve made anyone else miserable, for that reason.  So off I’m going now to prepare salad and burgers, and if I grumble it will only be to my pillow or my glass of wine.  For this weekend only, though.

On 5/25/2018 at 5:30 PM, Telecaster68 said:

idk, i joined this site in 2012, thought it was pointless and then didn't come back until 2016 when i actually was torn up with guilt at my partner's misery.

Not sure what this says about me or my interest in cookouts, snap peas and burgers but I thought i'd throw this out there. 

On 5/25/2018 at 2:21 PM, Traveler40 said:

I generally just stick to the “Friends” section on here due to time constraints and basic interest, but this morning I’m both unable to sleep and clearly curious. So, I wander over yonder, across the divide, and what do I read? (yes, it was a brief glance) They are posting about cookouts, snap peas and burgers, along with gardening and plans for the weekend.  Here we sit, in angst and turmoil, trying to solve this major issue in our lives and over there it’s all potatos and salad. 😳

Of course it’s not really, but that view and greater thought was simply too humorous not to share.  Carry on...

@Traveler40  You have been reading the over 50sh thread. :)  

Traveler40

Um, I’m not sure what you mean by a guilt trip.  I assure you, my comments were not personal in any way.  If the humor is lost in translation, my apologies.  It still is quite funny from my perspective.  Peace!

On 5/31/2018 at 2:01 AM, Traveler40 said:

Um, I’m not sure what you mean by a guilt trip.  I assure you, my comments were not personal in any way.  If the humor is lost in translation, my apologies.  It still is quite funny from my perspective.  Peace!

Fair enough. 😊 I have edited my post now. Peace. icon_hipeace.gif   Everyone is different, doing the best they can do in their particular circumstances. 🍰

On 5/25/2018 at 2:21 PM, Traveler40 said:

Funnily enough, I wandered over here to see what you guys talk about and I do get a bit of a more... sober vibe. I found this post really funny.

Archived