Acespike/Arospike?

verymelancholic

verymelancholic

I recently came across this, and I can definitely see other aces identify with this. What do you think?

• Like 1

What is that supposed to mean to begin with?

Claire1983

Do you have a link to a definition?  I'm unfamiliar with this

the-geeky-ace

2 hours ago, Homer said:

What is that supposed to mean to begin with?

1 hour ago, @eddie said:

Never heard of it

56 minutes ago, Claire1983 said:

Do you have a link to a definition?  I'm unfamiliar with this

According to the Sexuality wiki:

"Arospike or Acespike is feeling no attraction except in occasional bursts of intense attraction and then plummeting back to no attraction."

There you go.

Isn't that "grey"?

• 1 year later...
DogObsessedLi
On 5/25/2018 at 1:31 PM, Homer said:

Isn't that "grey"?

It's probably more specific and as such more helpful for some individuals who need a description more specific than grey-A, even though it comes under grey-A. I personally find it potentially very useful because I wouldn't call myself demisexual as it's far too random for that and can go at a blink of an eye also, but it gives a more "definitive" description than grey-A as it probably helps describe it better.

Personally I'm not a fan. All this tells me is that asexuals don't experience sexual attraction unless they do, which I think is counter-productive.

• Like 2
DogObsessedLi
5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Personally I'm not a fan. All this tells me is that asexuals don't experience sexual attraction unless they do, which I think is counter-productive.

But acespike indicates that a person has much more in common with ace than with anything else. You don't need to be a fan or to comment on another's need to identify their own experience which is not your experience. 

1 hour ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

But acespike indicates that a person has much more in common with ace than with anything else. You don't need to be a fan or to comment on another's need to identify their own experience which is not your experience. 

OP specifically reads "What do you think?"

Locking this old thread. If you want to start a new one on a similar topic please feel free to do so. Skycaptain covering moderator QAA 

• Like 1