Things I hate about summer

Palovana

13 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Heat and too many people all over, at any place or corner. There's just no escape...when living in a big city 😕

Tell me about it... my home town gets very tourist-y during the summer and it's crazy. Step out of the suburban train, pull your legs up and end up at the beach 10mins later, whether you want it or not

SorryNotSorry

1. Heat

2. Heat

3. Heat

4. Heat

5. Heat

Oh, and did I mention heat???

And all the people who gush about how they just LOOOOOOOOOVE hot weather! :angry:

.diva plavalaguna.

Boob sweat! YAYYYY said no one ever!!

BUGS. Ladybugs, spiders, and everything freaky in -between. GO AWAY.

Big bad storms, straight line winds, tornadoes. On the one hand, cool nature phenomenons, but on the other if even one drop of rain falls our cable goes out -_ - And we get a lot of storms!

RoseGoesToYale

-Air too thick to breathe

-Unrelenting brightness

-Cabin fever from locking yourself indoors and drawing all the shades

-Cockroaches invading every single building

-Unkempt citrus tree fruit starting to rot

-Putrid, swamp-like smells rising up from the sewers

-Sunscreen is messy

-I hate wearing sunglasses and short sleeves

-Angry tourists

-No hockey (except dev./training camps)

-Becoming completely drenched in sweat 42 seconds after stepping outdoors (I timed it)

-First-degree burns from car seat, shift, and steering wheel

-HURRICANES!

-HURRICANE-RELATED SHOPPING PANIC!

-Electricity czars fuddling with the power so it shuts off when there are definitely no thunderstorms around

-Angry natives

-Thermometers in August

-Beaches too hot and crowded

-Angry transplants

-Lots of old buildings = AC breaks everywhere

-Bad memories of summer camp and being separated from friends

-Bad memories of being forcibly kept outside in severe weather by deranged camp counselors

-Florida man intensifies

-Random people are either way too flirty or ticked off at everything

-No snow (ever... -sobs-)

-The swamps smell bad, too

-SSAD

-Having to make really long lists to convince the summer lovers that summer is torture!

10 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Putrid, swamp-like smells rising up from the sewers

THIS! oh my god, this - people who have never lived in Florida will say "oh, stop exaggerating, it's probably not that bad". Yeah, right, I remember when I lived in Florida the smell was so bad in August sometimes I would gag the second I went outside. 

The swamps smell bad, too

See above. Florida smells bad, people. 

@RoseGoesToYale Really everything you say is true. I hated that place with a passion. Blackout curtains? Yep, because I don't like being blinded by the sun at 5:30 in the morning, or at any time. My apartment when I lived in FL was like walking into a cave. I kept everything cool and dark, it was the only relief I could find. 

Although, I wear sunglasses year-round, especially when driving, even in winter, because I can't tolerate sunlight anymore since my concussion. Or maybe it just conjures traumatic memories of living in Florida...

Oh, by the way, you forgot "random alligators crossing the road". But that's FL specific and can happen at any time.

Sweating till you have basically bathed in your sweat, and smell like some skunk. And you can smell other people's sweat too, which is equally gross. 

Dying because of sun stroke. 

Crickets chirping till you go crazy. 

Inability to drink hot stuff. 

-I cannot deal with the heat

-BUGS

-Where I live is quite humid, which makes the heat worse

-My bedroom doesn't have AC, so even when I have my ceiling fan on its highest setting i'm still hot

-Sweating makes me feel gross and I want to take a shower every time I step outside

-I hate mens shorts for some reason. Since they are the only things guys can wear and its hard to find any pair not in khaki color, seeing people I don't like wearing the same thing as me makes me feel like there isn't a way to tell us apart even through there are many things that set us apart internally 

-Every time I think of mens summer clothes in general I think this

lucioano.jpg

too humid to even step out of the house. Doesn't help that it's daylight savings time and the sun doesn't set till like 7 or 8pm 

Dark Heart

I'm a vampire!

(I prefer dark clothing and layers. I like the night more than the day. I'm pale - I don't tan; I burn.)

I have hardly any sun/heat tolerance whatsoever. More than five minutes and I start to feel like I'm dying - I've actually started to take an umbrella with me if I have to spend time outside.

Winter, my old friend, when are you coming back?

AcornCarvings

H E A T   I S   T E R I B L E

it makes it really uncomfortable to bind. or wear longer shorts or a lot of my shirts.

I can't sleep under lots of covers, which makes my dysphoria a lot worse (with my chest especially)

my breathing is generally worse, especially if humid and bad air quality

I spend less time outside, which makes me kinda depressed

Bugs are everywhere

My nose is always pink

I am away from my friends at college (so basically everyone I am close to)

The only person I'm really close to at home is working overseas in summer, so I can't see her.

and generally feel very useless because of not having classes (even when I am working or volunteering)

I lay in bed on my computer a lot which makes my ribs hurt (I should probs stop doing that) which then makes it even harder to bind

I am around my family a lot (and hide from them a lot- see above line)

I sleep in waaay late sometimes

I forget to eat

I get more frequent headaches

at least there are fireflies and time to draw and read

Having no appetite and/or not being able to eat. This happens to be sometimes when it's so freaking hot outside. I just don't feel like eating. The only thing that sounds even slightly appealing is a smoothie. 

I have hardly any sun/heat tolerance whatsoever. More than five minutes and I start to feel like I'm dying

Same. Once the heat index rises above about 80F I swear I feel like I'm melting if I step outside.

I've actually started to take an umbrella with me if I have to spend time outside.

à la Mr. Havok?

Image result for davey havok parasol

I can't say I HATE summer altogether because everything is so full and green and my lilies bloom in the summer.

BUT

I hate all the bugs - ticks, mosquitoes, etc. 

And the bears...definitely not fond of bears anymore!

Don't enjoy dripping with sweat when I'm working in the yard either.

And the thing i hate most...poison.  Itching drives me crazy and I look like I'm diseased. 

RoseGoesToYale
4 hours ago, Palovana said:

I've actually started to take an umbrella with me if I have to spend time outside.

à la Mr. Havok?

Image result for davey havok parasol

200_s.gif

I get heat rashes on both of my legs and arms every summer whenever I sweat. Since the heat came early this year, I started getting my rashes early.

My skin is sensitive so that's why I break out in rashes. It really sucks because they itch and sting. 😣

scarletlatitude
2 hours ago, ThunderBirds727 said:

I get heat rashes on both of my legs and arms every summer whenever I sweat. Since the heat came early this year, I started getting my rashes early.

My skin is sensitive so that's why I break out in rashes. It really sucks because they itch and sting. 😣

This happened to me for the first time last summer. I thought I had some kind of infection at first... then nope, just a heat rash. <_<

Insects and no air conditioning at work

Staring into the abyss. 

Too much sun

Too much heat

Overly long daylight hours

Too many people outside

- You don't have much to do (lazy summer Sunday syndrome)

- Swimming.  Fuck that bullshit

- Because you don't have much to do, you sit around and think too much (basically it's when my anxiety gets unreasonably high)

- You have to wear less clothing, you can't cover up parts of your body that you don't like

The only things I do like about summer, however, are summer nights and that the animals come out more :)

Things I hate about summer: I'm in New Jersey, the armpit of America.

You'll also be interested to know that I'm the sweatiest person in the world, and the most easily sunburned. In summer I'm nothing but a reddened, dampened ball of misery.

• 2 weeks later...
hey_it's_me

It's not currently summer for me (yayyyy winter), I'm from Australia and I HATE summer. I hate not being able to cool down, having to wear sunscreen all the time (I burn very easily), running out of zooper doopers and having to wait for them to freeze and anything metal that has been in the sun is burning.

Perfectly Pointless

I much prefer winter and autumn, summer sucks. 

-The heat is waaay to much for me. I end up staying in more because of the heat. 

-Being goth - planning an all black outfit that I don't boil to death in, that still covers my skin and fits my aesthetic. It's like, 90% impossible. 

-Having the palest skin in the universe - all it takes is like, 30 minutes in the sun and I get nasty burns. 

-I have a skin allergy to sunscreen which makes my problem worse. I have to cover my arms up which makes me feel even hotter!

-Having eczema - sweat and humidity means my skin gets super itchy. 

-Also, I hate getting my legs out because I have eczema scars all over my legs (also it means I have to shave)

-I always forget to drink enough water and end up dehydrated

-English weather - one minute it's too hot to go outside, next minute it's raining. Warm rain, no thanks!

-We've been forecasted thunder and lightning for a month now, and we need it to clear the air. But nope, it hasn't happened yet!

-Living in a rural area means you get some... interesting smells wafting from the nearby farms. Heat makes the smell of muck-spreading really strong, so you get greeted with the smell of cow shit every time you leave the house. 😅(you do get used to it though, lol)

-Taking a shower and ending up sweat-drenched 3 hours later... My depression makes it hard to motivate myself to take regular showers so I just end up feeling sticky and horrible most of the time... which makes my mood worse. 

-Everyone always wants to go swimming. I really don't like swimming. I seem to always find myself sat by a pool, fully clothed and in the shade with a book whilst everyone else is swimming. Why do people like it so much? There's too much nudity and noise and chlorine water messes up my hair. No thanks.

SorryNotSorry

You'd think that with all the supertechnology available nowadays, by now someone would've invented a refrigerated jacket for those of us who don't enjoy being hot. Bonus points if said jacket woud cost less than $100.

I have a hard time understanding why anybody would prefer summer over autumn, but then again, some people really like the opportunity to go to the beach or to go swimming, and any other summer activities like that, and I guess can't blame them even if I really don't like that stuff myself.

But the heat? Pls. I can deal with cold in the winter by putting on extra layers or getting more blankets, but when it's 35c and the air is too thick to breathe without feeling like you have a 5 ton weight on your chest, I can't take away any layers to make myself cooler. I just have to suffer through it. Thankfully we have decent AC here nowadays, but not everybody has that luxury.

Winter is way too cold. Spring is wet and muddy everywhere. Summer is way too hot and humid.

Autumn, though... Autumn is perfect in every way. Great temperatures, not too cold nor too hot, no snow to melt everywhere so it's not a wet muddy mess like Spring, and all the trees that turn different shades of yellow and red make it so perfect and romantic, and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

The thing I hate the most about Summer is that it's not Autumn.

The HEAT (original thinker nominee 2018)

The Biters (Biting Flies, Skeeters)

The Wasps (They suck)

The Humidity (2 seconds of rain = ungodly death)

The Tourists (Bicyclists and City Folk hogging up the roads with traffic and litter)   

Archived