Can I get help with my questions about my gender identity?

J.A. Morita

J.A. Morita

So I have identified as a cis female my entire life. But in the past month or so I've been starting to lean towards a new perspective. I think I might be genderqueer or genderfluid. I don't really know. Sometimes people tell me that I am not acting like a girl. Now that I think about it I might not act like a girl because I might be genderfluid. I mean, I do support women's rights and stuff but I really don't feel totally girl or totally boy. I just feel like in-between. My friends that I have known the longest are all guys and honestly I sometimes act like guys normally do but I still act like a girl at other times. Also I don't really feel comfortable wearing dresses. (Like for example I have already decided that if I do get married someday, I am not wearing a dress). I love the idea of gender neutral clothing. Whenever I looked at an online genderfluid pride clothing store, I got this feeling in my gut. It wasn't pain or nausea, it was a sorta happy feeling, like I finally found the truth about myself. So, if anyone can help me with this I would be really grateful. :)

I'm not necessarily genderfluid, I prefer tomboy or demi-girl, but it sounds to me like you found your label.  I can't tell much more because "act like a guy" or "act like a girl" to me means very little since my brain gets overpowered with sociology and thinking gendered actions mean nothing and I start questioning gender expression in its entirety. 

J.A. Morita

@sithgirlix Thanks! Your reply helped me a lot because with that I felt like I needed someone to say that the term genderfluid fits me. I thought it did but I wasn't sure so I wanted to see if someone could tell me that this term does fit me. And now I'm sure. (I'm sorry this reply probably makes no sense)

Guest -NULL-

Hey @J.A. Morita ,

I can relate to your description in many different aspects! From your account, it doesn't appear to me that you identify with one gender more than another. I agree with your genderfluid label; I think that suits your situation and self-expression very well. If you want to, you could look into agender as well. Agender is a disconnect with any idea of gender whatsoever and is more of an identity that experiences no attachment to any particular gender identity. It is that gray, intermediate zone between the binary of identities. If that isn't exactly a match, then there are other identities as well. I think that your genderfluid label is great, so you don't have to change it unless you want to! Labels are all about how YOU feel, and not how others perceive you. 🙂👍

I also have the same validation when I look at stylish gender-neutral clothes. I don't really experience a connection to gender and I just live in a way that is authentic to who I truly am. I have decided to neglect and disregard society's gender binary and gender roles for a nice replacement of genuine characteristics. Maybe you feel the same way. 😊

Thanks for supporting women's rights! If gender equality is fully established, then the idea of being gender nonbinary will not be so alien to a majority of the population. Instead there will be an acceptable mix of gender expressions because of the destruction of the predetermined "gender roles" that we were each born into. Isn't that a wonderful idea for the future? I guess in a way that makes the future gender-less.

I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your week and an awesome rest of your self-discovery journey! I wish you the warmest wishes and the best of luck!

If you ever want to talk to anyone on here, my chat boxes are always open! 🌼

Keep acing it,
Ninja 🍰

Archived