Help! I don't know what I am!

Finnbeanstring

I am biromantic but the concept of actually having sex never appealed to me until recently. I have been in three different relationships (one long term and the other two were more short term), and I have never particularly felt any sexual attraction to my partners (like I literally only felt sexual attraction twice in my long term relationship) or anyone in general, so I had assumed that I was demisexual.  Except, recently I met someone and suddenly after three weeks of knowing them, I realised that I was ridiculously sexually attracted to them. Now I am freaking out because I have never felt like this before and I don't know what I am anymore!

Hey Finnbeanstring

Firstly, welcome to AVEN! Make yourself at home 🙂

Sexuality can be stationary and fluid. You might be experiencing some rather fluid emotions. Perhaps you are grey-ace? Which means the sexual attraction comes and goes. It probably depends on the person you are with and how romantically attached you are to them.

Don't over think it. Carefully look at your past emotions and experiences and see which labels you think are the most suitable for you at the moment 🙂

Labels are just a crude short-hand to try to quickly describe the complexity that is a person. 

You are .... *YOU*.  You may or may not happen to fit some particular label, but like everyone your feelings are uniquely yours.