Are there any asexual dating sites?

Percy Beaumont

Hello. 

If asexuality is lifelong, how does one find a partner unless they're also asexual? My partner is not asexual, which indicates to me I'm going to need to find a new partner who is asexual.

Are there any asexual dating sites? How does one go about finding an asexual partner?

There is Acebook, but I can't really recommend it. The forum looks dated, and the community has a hopeless and forlorn feel.

I think your best option is to meet people through asexuality forums or other asexuality-focused social media sites, and then see if a relationship develops. Reality is that asexual dating is pretty difficult due to low population density.

Percy Beaumont
17 minutes ago, Pramana said:

There is Acebook, but I can't really recommend it. The forum looks dated, and the community has a hopeless and forlorn feel.

I think your best option is to meet people through asexuality forums or other asexuality-focused social media sites, and then see if a relationship develops. Reality is that asexual dating is pretty difficult due to low population density.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.  Do you know if suicide rates among asexuals is higher?

Biblioromantic

You might find some sites on this thread. Be sure to read the comments through before making a selection and signing up as there may be important info later in the thread.

No idea on the suicide rates. You could look in the Intersectionality forum for threads about mental illness, but I've never seen anything specifically addressing suicidality.

1 minute ago, StickyWicket said:

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.  Do you know if suicide rates among asexuals is higher?

Man, that is a depressing question. I'm not aware of any data on suicide rates among asexuals. But I know loneliness can be an issue.

One thing I would note is that the asexual community is predominantly female, so if you're a man looking for a woman, your chances are somewhat better relatively speaking.

Personally I've had the best experience with OkCupid, since there's a much higher number of people on there as compared to asexual-only dating sites.  There is the option to indicate that your sexual orientation is asexual.  I had a non-sexual relationship with a person I met off OkCupid, that ended for reasons that had nothing to do with sex.

Percy Beaumont
1 hour ago, element83 said:

There is the option to indicate that your sexual orientation is asexual.

Interesting. I'll try that out (if it should come to that)

• Like 1