"I'm an asexual woman, and this is what it's like to not feel sexual attraction"

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/reports/a9088917/womankind-asexual-woman-sexual-attraction/

Cosmopolitan 

8 March 2018

Physical attraction is an important talking point, especially growing up, and if you're not discussing crushes and pulls, you can be viewed with suspicion. But a growing movement is coming out publicly to say "No, we aren't wired the same way as you – and that's just fine by us". Simone, 29, is part of that movement and she agreed to tell Cosmopolitan UK exactly what it all means.

WinterWanderer

I especially like this part:

"You never hear straight people being asked if they might change their minds," Simone concludes. "It's only the rest of us (asexual, LGBTQ+, etc) who get asked. I don't have a crystal ball. Things may well change for me in the future, but I think it would be really great if people could accept that this thing exists." Simone is keen to stress that, although it is now being talked about more, asexuality isn't a youth 'fad'. "We're not all young people who've read this on the internet and attached ourselves to it. There are older people who've gone through their lives wondering what's wrong with them and then found our community and suddenly it makes sense."

It's good to get visibility with stuff like this. Nice article, if a little too vanilla in the sense that it never goes into the topic of struggles beyond the very simple.

everywhere and nowhere

There's no doubt about it – we live in a highly sexualised society.

Well, "Comsmopolitan" certainly has its share of contribution to this problem. Probably no other "women's magazine" is as sexualized as "Cosmo".

Archived