Am I asexual?

I have read other forums of people expressing their concerns and idea of if they are asexual, and I’m beginning to question myself, but I don’t want to start claiming to be asexual if I’m not. I have yet to find a someone else who has a similar situation as me so that’s why I I am so curious. I am a virgin and I do believe I don’t have a sex drive because I don’t masterbate. I have tried and although it is pleasurable I do not have a drive or want to do so. Also I do think about sex, which is why I i don’t know if I’m A, the thing is I think about as in yea that sounds nice I guess. I don’t lust for it or craze it I only really craze love and someone to be there for me. I do know I bi but I’m still on the fence about if I’m Asexual. I am only 15 so maybe I am just haven’t reached the age in with I have sexual desires yet? I would greatly appreciate if you would give me your feed back. And do note I mean no harm or to offend asexuals if I’m fact I am not. I am a very open minded person so I have no issue with being asexual or being sexual, I just want to know what I am because I have begun to question it and want to see what others have to say. 

NickyTannock

@M_B Welcome to AVEN!

Don't worry, about using the Asexual label, if you're not Asexual, you won't offend Asexuals by doing that.
Many Asexuals have identified as something else before realising they were Asexual, so many will understand.

10.jpg

• Like 1
Accept Myself Challenge

Hello! I'm 15 too, and if you think you're asexual, you should probably do some more research! I like taking online quizzes. They may give you a better insight into your own desires. I have also worried that I may just be a "late bloomer," but I feel that there is no label otherwise that matches me right now. A label is just a communication device. If it matches who you are, you can use it, and in the future, if it doesn't fit anymore, you can just choose another. Yes, people may judge you, but they cannot know who you are or who you were better than yourself. 

Something that might help is admitting to yourself that you don't know. I'm not you, so I can't say whether or not you know, but if you feel unsure, this may help. If you allow yourself to not know, you will be able to view your feelings as they are, instead of as fitting labels or not. Then you might feel more confident when you do choose a label. Otherwise, just give it time. Questioning sexuality can be hard and stressful, so you can always take a break by refusing to think about it for a few days or weeks until you can handle it.

Deciding your identity takes time. Do what makes you feel good. ~❤️~

• Like 1

It really means a lot to know I’m not alone in this. Thank you everyone so far who has given feed back. You have helped my realize I don’t need to label myself as anything. I definitely will take your advice and use it. Although I probably won’t find a direct cookie cutter answer I hope I can begin to understand myself and my sexuality better. What you Have said are very good point though. I don’t need to label as long as I am ok and understand where I stand without labels. I didn’t know you could switch labels, I thought if you identified as something then end up realizing that you are I though you would be turned down and called a poser. This is why I have reframed from coming out fully as bisexual. I’m glad this community is the way it is a amazing help fully place full of open minded people. Even if I determine that I am I fact not asexual I will definitely stay in this community. :)

• Like 1