understanding myself better!

i’ve recently been struck with the thought of me, being aro ace. i’ve been thinking about this for a while now, and i’m starting to feel more comfortable with that label. though i think i have room for it, but only for one person. 

you see this story would be quite long if i detailed it as much as i want to, but i’ll shorten it by saying i’ve never loved anyone up until very late into last year/early this year. but i have liked, and been interested in many, mainly romantically rather than sexually. since i was young i never really cared enough about sex. i was curious, just like everyone else is i’d like to think, but i never wanted to put it in motion for many reasons besides my insecurities. so, i had been thinking before this recent ordeal that i was somewhere in the ace spectrum to begin with, but after i realized that i just wanted to know what it was like to really fall in love with someone, and that was the only reason i went into relationships. they were all genuine! don’t get me wrong! i had strong connections with everyone i was with and wanted to be with, but it wasn’t anything like what i’ve felt for this specific person. 

i’m confident in giving them the label my first true love, and well as my last. i figure that since i’ve found what i had been looking for, i no longer have interest in anything romantic nor sexual, i even feel grossed out at the thought of anything surrounding that with anyone else. purely disgusted and unmoved. i’m still in love with this person now, we’re best friends. and unlike anyone i had been with before i don’t see myself getting rid of how i feel about them. i said before i feel right with being aro ace, or identifying as that rather but is that what this really is? if someone could maybe explain the way they feel in comparison that’d be nice : ) 

12 hours ago, 🌹 Papier Toilette 🌹 said:

@honeistar By 'mainly romantically rather than sexually' do you mean that you were interested sexually, but your romantic interest was greater? Or that you had romantic interest but zero sexual attraction?

it depended on the person, some people i didn’t have any sexual attraction for and some i had greater romantic interest 

yeah i was thinking SOMEWHERE in that spectrum before hand, being that i obviously have room for it but it’s quite rare.. and i don’t see myself feeling that way for anyone in the future?

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

It sounds like you might be Demisexual or Gray-Asexual, which are on the Asexual spectrum but have some wiggle room as far as sexual attraction goes.

10.jpg