Scared of being alone?

I've known im asexual for about around 2 years ago, however only started accepting this part of me a year ago, beforehand i thought i was broken. However every few months i have another almost downwards spiral where I become scared/ terrified of how i will end up alone, and whenever im home alone i always think i have to get used to this. Does anyone else feel this way? its extremely disheartening to still feel this way, thanks for any replies if i get any!

• Like 1

Honestly yeah, I feel this way-way to often. I refuse to let myself be home alone because of this. I try to make plans with my friends so I don't feel so alone but of course, they have their own lives. Have been going to parks recently so I am not stuck inside by myself. Hope things go better soon! Feeling alone stinks. 

• Like 2

You’re not gonna end up alone. Someone as amazing as you can definitely get an ace partner, or even a allo partner willing to compromise to a level you’re comfortable with. At the very least spend some more time with your friends, or maybe even make some new ones. You could try going to ace meetups in your local area too. I bet you’d make tonnes of friends there :) 

• Like 3
Claire1983

Yeah, I get that.  For the last year I've been dealing with some thing, so I haven't been in a place to consider a relationship.  Recently I realized I'm probably asexual so I feel like I'm coming out of that, but it definitely presents a new set of challenges. 

• Like 1

I feel that way as well.  I’m not alone now but it looks like I will be soon... and I’m pretty old to start over, especially since I’d need to find an older ace.

• Like 1

Being asexual doesn't mean that you'll end up alone, just as much as being sexual doesn't mean that you can't end up being alone.

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, marriial said:

I've known im asexual for about around 2 years ago, however only started accepting this part of me a year ago, beforehand i thought i was broken. However every few months i have another almost downwards spiral where I become scared/ terrified of how i will end up alone, and whenever im home alone i always think i have to get used to this. Does anyone else feel this way? its extremely disheartening to still feel this way, thanks for any replies if i get any!

It's human nature to feel alone.
You need to focus more on loving yourself, being in the now and getting comfortable with your presence. 
In the long run you will see that sharing this life with yourself is the best thing ever.
You will have the time to impact the lives of people around you too

• Like 1

Ik how you feel martial. I wake up every day to an empty house. I have just found out a month ago that I was asexual or that being asexual was even something. I just thought I wasn't attracted to anybody that lived around me. I live hours away from any asexual in my state and I think that just made it completely worse for me. I don't know if it's something we absolutely have to get use to as asexuals. Everything depends on your situation but it seems like we are definitely in a similar situation.

I assume I have to be "that guy" here... but I can't relate. I love being on my own. There's nothing better than coming home to an empty flat after dealing with people all day long. I'd love to have some furry companionship (which doesn't go well with my job and my travel habits), but that's it :)

Being alone is great :)