fall

AVEN Discord Server?

fall

Hi people, I've been on Discord recently and I thought it would be interesting if AVEN made a central Discord server. Discord is a very fast and reliable messaging and voice chat service , and I think the community would benefit from a nice new place for aces. More info on Discord here.

Feel free to leave comments, compliments or criticism. 🍰

• Like 2

Pramana

There are a number of asexual/aromantic spectrum Discord servers available. I like to use Chill Asexual Discord: https://discord.gg/6wgBr5n. See this thread for details regarding that one and others:

• Like 3

Colour
Posted (edited)

There's also a chat on this site.. But it unfortunately is hardly used. (8 people online as I write this).

So it might be a good idea to get a group chat / discord / something up, because I'd be surprised if fewer people would use it.

Edit:

18 minutes ago, Pramana said:

There are a number of asexual/aromantic spectrum community Discord servers that you can join. Reddit has one, 4chan has one, Arocalypse has one, Tumblr has a few, and last but not least a pitch for the "Chill Asexual Discord" that I like to use, which can be joined here: https://discord.gg/6wgBr5n

Ah! My bad, I didn't see this reply! So it's already a thing.

32 online at the "Chill" group.

Edited by Colour

kani

Chill is not in any way official btw, there's quite few other asexual servers as well (besides the ones mentioned by PRAMANA), varying in size, activity and other qualifications.

I suppose AVEN could make an official server as well.

element83
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Colour said:

But it unfortunately is hardly used. (8 people online as I write this).

I was aware there was a chat, but I don't know where on the site it actually is.  Not that I've been looking terribly hard. But I wonder if it would be used more if it were a little more visible.

Edit: I saw it as soon as I hit "Submit Reply".  I still don't think it's particularly visible, though.

Edited by element83

Nai

The chat was a lot better a year or two ago, but AVEN had to change because the chat service they were using originally was discontinued.

We also used to use Skype a lot back a few years ago, I'm not sure how active the chats are anymore because I'm not on Skype much anymore.

Yakkomon

Chat was fun when it was active, even in my timezone when less people were on. I've been looking into trying to find a Discord community (long story short, not many of my friends are into the stuff I'm into lol) but I feel a bit awkward about joining since I'm more of a forum lurker and only know a few people on AVEN. I've always been a bit shy and apprehensive on the internet, despite my outgoing persona.

GutsyCowardLep

would be interesting experience in the least. would love to play some videogames with some other asexual people

Pramana

I'm kind of surprised that AVEN doesn't have a Discord server, instead of its much maligned chat service. My surprise is compounded by the fact that AVEN pays money for its chat service, whereas Discord servers are free to use.