So, Aceflux?

ConfusedButHere

ConfusedButHere

I currently identify as aromantic aceflux. I feel more cemented into my romantic orientation but when it comes to the aceflux part? Like, I know aceflux is the more accurate description for how the way my sexuality works but as a label it is hard to get used to because of the pure nature of it.

Aceflux means that I fluctuate within the ace spectrum, basically, but whenever I do..."feel" myself fluctuating it is difficult to remind myself that that's how my sexuality works. It's very hard to explain, especially with how late it is haha. I'm just wondering if anyone else who identifies as flux or did in the past ever had to deal with this type of thing? Non-flux people I would also like to hear insight from as well.

WaffleGrace

That’s it! That’s the word I’ve been looking for. Sometimes the idea of sex and romance is just BLURGH and sometimes it’s alright. And a lot of the time sex and romance are on different wavelengths. Ever since I realized my aceness I started paying more attention to how I talk about sex and romance and inconsistencies became apparent. I thought I would have to bring my language in line to be more consistent, but maybe I should pay more attention to myself than my language. Thanks! I didn’t realize I was looking for that. :)

ConfusedButHere
11 hours ago, WaffleGrace said:

That’s it! That’s the word I’ve been looking for. Sometimes the idea of sex and romance is just BLURGH and sometimes it’s alright. And a lot of the time sex and romance are on different wavelengths. Ever since I realized my aceness I started paying more attention to how I talk about sex and romance and inconsistencies became apparent. I thought I would have to bring my language in line to be more consistent, but maybe I should pay more attention to myself than my language. Thanks! I didn’t realize I was looking for that. :)

I'm glad I could help!😊

greyisnotacolor

I know you said it is hard to explain...but I think I might be asking you to explain here, lol. 👀

...Is there a difference between grey-sexual and aceflux? If there is (which is my gut feeling that there is) how would you describe that?

she turned me into a newt

so, obviously I'm not the original poster, and I can't really speak for how she specifically feels it, however I generally see flux as somewhere within the grey area a bit like demi... most of the time.

the thing about flux is that its pretty much just saying that your sexuality (or whatever attribute you've added it to) wifflewaffles, and that means that it can span the entire spectrum depending on the person.

some one who is arcflux (arc not ace) could be gag level repulsed then pretty slowly come to feel totally chill about it than right back to repulsed to fine. or they could find it kind of interesting most days and just have random days where it makes them want to vomit for no discernible reason.

the time it takes to change, how it feels, and how long it stays the same all depend on the individual

the reason its separated from just good ol' grey is that it is a much more active change than what most people feel to their sexualities or feeling over time and can be total mood whiplash for the people around the person (and even the person themselves) if there isn't any warning about it.

the other thing to keep in mind is that it isn't like the person just can't make up their mind, that is what they are in that moment and they can't really stop being arc the same way anybody else can't really stop being who they are.

cutiepastels
On 5/16/2018 at 3:15 AM, she turned me into a newt said:

so, obviously I'm not the original poster, and I can't really speak for how she specifically feels it, however I generally see flux as somewhere within the grey area a bit like demi... most of the time.

the thing about flux is that its pretty much just saying that your sexuality (or whatever attribute you've added it to) wifflewaffles, and that means that it can span the entire spectrum depending on the person.

some one who is arcflux (arc not ace) could be gag level repulsed then pretty slowly come to feel totally chill about it than right back to repulsed to fine. or they could find it kind of interesting most days and just have random days where it makes them want to vomit for no discernible reason.

the time it takes to change, how it feels, and how long it stays the same all depend on the individual

the reason its separated from just good ol' grey is that it is a much more active change than what most people feel to their sexualities or feeling over time and can be total mood whiplash for the people around the person (and even the person themselves) if there isn't any warning about it.

the other thing to keep in mind is that it isn't like the person just can't make up their mind, that is what they are in that moment and they can't really stop being arc the same way anybody else can't really stop being who they are.

maybe I am aceflux too. I think I am demisexual or asexual. But there have been times when I have had sex with my ex and my body seizes up, not wanting to or suddenly scared and then not turned on anymore and fear sex, even if he was gentle and we were kissing and touching before this. I've only ever had 2 bfs and it happened with both. More so with the first bf as I was a virgin until him. The second bf, by that time I knew about my asexuality and told him about it. Even tho I could cum and squirt, my mind was never ready for sex. And I preferred kissing, touching or masterbating compared to penetrative sex.

verymelancholic

HOW DID I JUST KNOW THIS NOW? OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD THAT’S THE WORD I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR TO DESCRIBE IT! It’s probably the closest description of my sexual orientation, but it’s at an extreme end where I either feel 0 sexual attraction or sometimes, very barely noticeable. It’s really confusing to be quite honest, especially that there’s a layer of requiessexual in me... Although it might also intersect with greysexuality....

Archived