Do you ship?

yonah

Do you ship fictional characters?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. In general, do you ship fictional characters?

• I ship characters romantically and sexually
    • I ship characters romantically but not sexually
    • I ship characters sexually but not romantically
    • I ship characters either romantically or sexually but not both
    • I only ship characters platonically
    • I don't ship characters

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't even think about the sexual aspect when I ship characters. It never even occurred to me until I read this quiz. 

I love Deep Space Nine and Firefly, and I used to be heavily into Sherlock.

I think you can guess whether or not I'm a shipper.

I ship fictional characters mainly romantically, sometimes only platonically. I don't necessarily think about whether I ship them sexually.

I can read light smut on my ship and not mind (though it often gets boring unless the rest is good), but I can also write a whole fic without wondering if they have sex, it's not that I do not ship them sexually, it's just that it doesn't seem relevant to my brain somehow.

Thanks for asking the question, I just realized this now.

SpookyNameHere

I never ship real people, but I do tend to ship fictional characters romantically. I've honestly never thought about platonic realtionships being shipping because the way I learned about shipping was through romantic/sexual ships so I never associated platonic realtionships with it. For a while I was under the impression that shipping had to be romantic/sexual. 

I thought I was the only one who shipped characters platonically :D I love when two characters have a really strong bond without sexual or romantic components. I love when characters are just protective of each other and supportive and if one is fatherly/motherly to the other that always gets me too :)

It depends on how the characters interact honestly. I love a good traditional romantic and sexual ship, but some hypothetical friendships between characters are just so good I end up shipping them platonically.

• 3 months later...

I've shiped romantically/platonically/queerplatonically... although I haven't done that much lately. 

• 6 months later...

@yonah

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived