What clothes do aces find attractive?

verymelancholic

verymelancholic

Title really says it all. I want to know what clothes other aces find attractive.

I'm not attracted to clothes so I presume I'm an aclothual.

If your shirt has a cat on it, I'm sold.

everywhere and nowhere

I abolutely love hippie clothes. I'm in awe when watching "Hair", "Taking Woodstock" and other hippie-themed movies.

I also love different kinds of ethnic clothes and decorations (which generally go great with a hippie style), such as Native American jewellery, Indian salwar kameez or lehenga, Ukrainian vyshyvanka and others.

Alejandrogynous

I think most clothes can be attractive if they suit the person wearing them. With some exceptions, of course.

Duke Memphis

Nice suits and ties, hats, modest dresses, jeans, polished leather shoes, and garments designed to give pockets an aesthetic edge.

Galactic Turtle

You can take the girl out of the prep school but you can't take the prep school out of this girl right here.

Brooks Brothers and J Crew are my usual haunts. 

I prefer to wear traditionally masculine clothes {flannels, graphic tees, hoodies, jeans, button-up dress shirts, suits, etc...} and I find myself attracted to that style on others as well.

RottenInDenmark

a question like that i think you are just gonna find we all have different taste and opinion. Like the whole human race can't narrow it down. different folks, different strokes. 

I could mention mine', but i would not be speaking for all Aces. Since we are not all the same. personality, or what we find Aesthetically pleasing to the eye. 

:) 

well for me' i like clothes as an artistic expression, and can be a pleaser to the eye for me. but it' don't always comes with i'll find the person attractive. just that they look good. and i'll always comment on that. saying they look fabulous. :D  it's only aesthetic attraction. but I know i find nothing more ''attractive'' than Men and Women who can look good in a suit, and who are creative in their styles and not mundane, and have a good combination sense.  so everything goes' just be clever, and creative about it. 

Celyn: The Lutening

I highly doubt one's taste in clothes is in any way related to their level of sexuality but I think clothes that are steampunk/goth without being over the top look fine as hell. I wish that style was more mainstream so it would become cheaper, and then I could afford to wear it more :( I do have a pocket-watch and a black frock coat though. I saw a nice waistcoat in my size in the op-shop the other day and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy it.

SorryNotSorry

I'm not telling.

I have a thing for skinny jeans and sundresses. On others, of course. I just wear what I find comfortable.

Sackcloth. This sinful flesh must be mortified without cease.

I generally avoid clothes that are very feminine looking, because I just don't feel good while wearing them. Sometimes I feel like, "yeah, maybe I could wear a dress today" but then when I put it on it feels pretty odd to me. Feminine tops are quite all right (even corset-style ones), but short dresses and skirts are generally a big no. Colours should be dark, preferably. My fav combo is skinny or bootcut jeans and a geeky t-shirt! :D I'll be wearing that even in my 90s! (if I'm lucky to live that long).

The most awkward part of my life was when I tried to force myself and wear feminine clothes daily. Why? Once boys I knew and liked made a ranking of girls according to their attractiveness (horrible, but hey) and I wasn't there at all. I asked them why I wasn't even on the list and one of them said "oh no, it's not that you're ugly, it's just, y'know, you're more like one of us. You don't belong on the list". I was confused, big time. They felt confused that I even cared :D 

I wanted them to find me attractive (I thought I was straight then) so off I went and I pushed myself into wearing skirts and dresses. 

Photos of me from that time show a person who's very, very uncomfortable. 

I don't think it has anything to do with me being ace, but rather the agender part of my identity. It took me ages to figure out why I don't feel like a woman... or a man... and why people somehow didn't see me as a girl, or a boy, even when I was still just a big kid.   

the_alternative

There are some types of clothes I find attractive, not because somebody else wears them, but because I want to.

-Red sweater with a white shirt underneath

-red checkered shirt & jeans

-suit&tie

I don't usually see certain clothes on others attractive. It's more like if I find the person attractive, I naturally like the clothes they wear. As long as they don't wear really strange stuff, every type of clothing can be seen as attractive.

Heck, my crush(male) wore a dress last time, showing his utterly hairy legs. He still looked very sweet though, with the floral pattern and all. It suited him well. 

If I fits, I wears

*shrug*

I don't really know exactly what clothes I would find attractive considering I don't have romantic and sexual attraction. However, for aesthetic attraction idk maybe just an outfit that looks like it had some thought put in and it wasn't just thrown on last second. 

I usually wear light colored tops/blouses with shawls with skinny jeans or dresses with shawls, I generally don't like tight fitting tops. Most of my friends describe my fashion sense as a cute librarian if that's any indication lol. I really don't know what a cute librarian would look like though.

Skycaptain

T-shirt, preferably Hawaiian style, chinos, and trainers, or hiking boots. In winter a ski jacket. 

Basically the same stuff at home, work and socially 

verymelancholic

For me, I honestly don’t really care about fashion.

Clothes I find "attractive":

• Any piece of clothing that makes a reference to something I'm a fan of.
  • Anything a crush/squish of mine is wearing.

Clothes I don't like:

• Revealing clothes.
  • Skinny clothes, because they're very uncomfortable in my opinion.

Bright colours and fun paterns, plus I love a suit. But as Ytterbium said, nothing too revealing or tight. In my case not just cause they're not comfy, but also because I don't want the wrong kind of attention.

I love denim jackets, both on myself and other people, and I like pretty much anything my crush wears, but only on her. Clothes don’t factor into my aesthetic or romantic attraction unless I already like someone.

Muir Caileag

I mean, I don't do 'being attracted to people'

But if you're wearing a Science/ Harry Potter/ GoT/ Doctor Who/ Music shirt, I'm more inclined to speak to you, and want to be your friend ^_^ 

SilentRose

On guys, I love a nice military style jacket- I remember my crush once wore a green military jacket and gray skinny jeans and I was hooked :D 

I also love combat boots, converse, leather jackets...I suppose the rebellious teenager look is my favorite funny enough :p 

As for myself, I love feminine clothing actually. Dots, florals, frills and lace for me...I feel like I'm that weird ace who actually loves clothes and dressing up :D 

ingeniouscanoe

I describe myself as a Crayon so Idk what that says about my taste but oh my goodness. Some of the street fashion I've seen in Tokyo (Harajuku) really blows me out of the water. I follow a lot of fashion influencers on social media and some of the outfits they put together make me so happy! I like colourful fashion, and I like looks that show that a person has really put a lot of time and effort into it. I like costuming a lot for that very reason so outfits that wouldn't look out of place at a convention or at a LARP really impress me as well. When it comes to personal style, day-to-day looks are hit and miss but on special occasions and for events like Halloween or a convention, I try to go all out. 

NerdAlert93

Hats, basically anything that is not a baseball cap that is placed on the head

On me, I actually like grey . Nothing to do with asexuality . I just happen to like grey. Also shades of blue and olivey/muddy/ greenish/earthy colours. Dresses - I like dresses with abstract patterns. And viscose as a fabric. I like the way it falls.

On others, as long as it doesn't have a heap of advertising slogans splashed across it, then it's fine.

Sturdy practical work clothes. Overalls.

AcornCarvings

God, depends on the person. but something they feel at home in. I mostly just care how they experience their clothes, and how they move in them.

Archived