What exactly is dark gray?

Salmiakki

One of the fifty (or more) shades of gray?

I thought this was gonna be about the color and I was so confused.

verymelancholic

For me, dark grey is the midpoint between ace and (normal) grey, where it also tends to blend a bit with demisexuality. Attraction outside of a close relationshipis also very rare and the most attraction I do get is aesthetic or sensual, the most. It can also be used to describe a sex-positive repulsed asexual.

You see that AVEN triangle at the top left of the forum pages? The white side at the top represents the spectrum of sexuality, from hetero- to homosexual (I guess). The black point at the bottom is asexuality. The gray area is inbetween. Dark gray means in the gray area, very close to asexuality.

f0b5f557-0c04-4538-802c-ac6808448b6b.jpg

I'm Sorry I couldn't help myself :P

I feel like it'd be "I've had less instances of sexual attraction than I can count on my fingers"

scarletlatitude
On 5/10/2018 at 12:08 PM, daveb said:

One of the fifty (or more) shades of gray?

:lol::lol:

Makes sense that it would be so gray that it's almost black (i.e. asexual). So close to ace but not ace. 

20 hours ago, scarletlatitude said:

:lol::lol:

Makes sense that it would be so gray that it's almost black (i.e. asexual). So close to ace but not ace. 

I think if you are so gray that you are almost black it's easier to call yourself just asexual. Or "asexual with exceptions". 

everywhere and nowhere
11 hours ago, ixi said:

Or "asexual with exceptions". 

I like the sound of it. If having a libido and fantasies, but still being completely averse to the idea of personally having sex counts as "exceptions", I could call myself that. But I still thing that just "asexual" is easier, also in conveying the simple idea that I won't have sex - my "exceptions" aren't about actually desiring sex with anyone.

Ms. Carolynne

As others have stated, it's gray-sexual but rather close to asexual; a very negligible amount of sexuality.

I just say I'm asexual, unless my negligible sexuality is relevant.

• 1 year later...
On 8/18/2019 at 9:07 PM, Sandra B said:

Hi, I am trying to understand this 'dark grey' more too, as to my logical mind, if someone is dark grey - surely they would be MORE grey asexual and CLOSER to demisexual - rather than closer to asexual since they are darker, which means a stronger shade of grey - not less, and not closer to asexuality?

To me dark grey means veeery close to asexual.

Who the heck cares? You're grey or you're ace. This "dark grey" thing just seems to be a desperate attempt to feel special compared to other grey-sexuals by saying "But I'm less sexual than even you!"

Like being a gold star lesbian, my gods. 

• 3 weeks later...
rainbowocollie
On 9/26/2019 at 8:31 PM, Sandra B said:

Thanks for replying. I still can't wrap my head around this logically and the more grey, the more sexual - which is the opposite of what everyone is defining it as. Darker means more of, lighter means less of, to my logical mind. Think it will take me a while to get used to this. 

Tis because the powers that be chose black to signify pure asexuality, and white to signify sexuality--grey being the "somewhere-in-between". Why they did it that way, I don't know.

Archived