Mary Lambert

Do you think that Ace's choose to do less "sexy" sports like bowling?

Telecaster68

I play badminton, in a group explicitly set up to be non-competitive. The first time I turned up, one of the members (who looked like John Goodman) said 'yep, we did have one woman who got a bit competitive. She had to leave.'

He said it in a way that might have meant they buried her in the desert one night.

• Like 6

AceMissBehaving
7 minutes ago, CBC said:

Actually...

I was a figure skater for quite a number of years. Long time ago now. Is that a sexy enough sport for a non-ace?

I love seeing figure skaters!!! It’s one of those sports I’ve always admired but been way too intimidating by.

• Like 1

Telecaster68

Is an activity which requires judges to give marks for artistic reasons actually a sport?

CBC
27 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

I play badminton, in a group explicitly set up to be non-competitive. The first time I turned up, one of the members (who looked like John Goodman) said 'yep, we did have one woman who got a bit competitive. She had to leave.'

He said it in a way that might have meant they buried her in the desert one night.

I would've faced the same fate.

Although I'm still talking just purely recreational/fun level competitive. Not like... serious competitive. 

20 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

Is an activity which requires judges to give marks for artistic reasons actually a sport?

Hey now! And technical skills. :P 

Actually though, that's one thing where I shied away from being competitive. I crumble with anxiety under the pressure of being watched and judged, so. Also a struggle I always faced playing music and being tested on my performance.

I'm wired to be competitive, but I don't always enjoy my own inclinations that way.

22 minutes ago, AceMissBehaving said:

I love seeing figure skaters!!! It’s one of those sports I’ve always admired but been way too intimidating by.

I have kind of a weird relationship with skating now. I quit in my late teens after several years of severe depression and the onset of my eating disorder, and didn't lace up a pair of skates again for several years. It was pathetic and I cried out of embarrassment and anger at myself. I was very ill and had lost most of my ability. I didn't try skating again until I was 31. However, when I did, the basic skills came back fairly easily and I was able to find some joy in it. It was actually really nice to skate just for fun and the enjoyment of the simple physical aspect rather than worrying about whether I was going to smash my face into the ground and split my skull open trying to do a double axel.

I have a photo of baby (well, teenage) Ceebs from 20 years ago, in figure skates, on my phone's camera roll... but no one needs to see that hahaha.

• Like 1

CBC

Oh also I refuse to watch figure skating on television now. Too many unpleasant and conflicting emotions. Give me a frozen pond or lake, or perhaps Joni Mitchell's river, and that's about as involved with skating as I'm willing to get now. 

• Like 1

degenerate

I've wondered the opposite, if asexuals are uniquely suited for publicly sexualized positions. Not just in sports or hobbies, but professionally, as well, such as stripping. Since the sexualization of themselves would be purely professional, calculated, it could make them uniquely focused, divorced from their own sexuality, and so constructed for maximum effectiveness alone. A focus that could, theoretically, be more difficult for a sexual person. Reminds me of the popular "Jessica Rabbit is Ace" headcanon.

• Like 1

degenerate
32 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

Yes. For one, golf and pool are considered sports and both require a minuscule fraction of the athletic ability of figure skating.

• Like 1

AceMissBehaving
9 minutes ago, degenerate said:

I've wondered the opposite, if asexuals are uniquely suited for publicly sexualized positions. Not just in sports or hobbies, but professionally, as well, such as stripping. Since the sexualization of themselves would be purely professional, calculated, it could make them uniquely focused, divorced from their own sexuality, and so constructed for maximum effectiveness alone. A focus that could, theoretically, be more difficult for a sexual person. Reminds me of the popular "Jessica Rabbit is Ace" headcanon.

That’s what I do. I’ve spent my entire life trying to understand and “pass” in a sexuality I don’t have or understand, so bringing that to the stage makes sense to me. I get to play in a space I wouldn’t normally, I control every aspect of my performance and interactions, and no one tries to touch me or expects anything more from me once I step off the stage.

It’s funny you say about Jessica Rabbit too, when I told people I was ace an allo friend of mine said I was kind of like her, because people think I’m really a sexual person, but as it turns out I’m not. 

• Like 2

Sir_The_Last

I think everything can be seen as sexual.  It depends on who you ask. 

• Like 4

AceMissBehaving
1 minute ago, Sir_The_Last said:

I think everything can be seen as sexual.  It depends on who you ask. 

True that! 

Sir_The_Last

For example chess *giggles loudly " can be seen very BDSM ... 🤔 No one is safe. 😈

• Like 1

CBC

Do what you like with chess, just don't filthify (yes I just made that up) my beloved Scrabble.

Or actually, maybe do. A round of Scrabble where you could make only dirty words could be fun. If rather challenging. Winner gets a sexual favour?

God what is my brain.

Sir_The_Last
1 hour ago, CBC said:

Do what you like with chess, just don't filthify (yes I just made that up) my beloved Scrabble.

Or actually, maybe do. A round of Scrabble where you could make only dirty words could be fun. If rather challenging. Winner gets a sexual favour?

God what is my brain.

I do. Every word is dirty with the right body language or tone lol 😊 don't get me started. 

Spoiler

A word for yearly ? It is something annually

Any word with bi 

Double team

Holy

Subway(submissive way?) 😈

It's not your mind it's the words that they have taught us. 

CBC
14 hours ago, Sir_The_Last said:

I do. Every word is dirty with the right body language or tone lol 😊 don't get me started

That's... yeah, not inaccurate.

I'm not playing any rounds of dirty Scrabble, though... I might lose, and I'm generally not in the habit of giving out sexual favours on AVEN.

Sir_The_Last

*giggles* 

58 minutes ago, CBC said:

I'm not playing any rounds of dirty Scrabble, though... I might lose, and I'm generally not in the habit of giving out sexual favours on AVEN

I was trying to make you laugh.  I did not want favours lol. Ewww no... 😒

CBC

Oh I understand, I'm just... being mildly obnoxious, because I'm me.

Sir_The_Last

No worries. I made my self giggle and blush all day ... Don't worry about it. 

CBC

Not a bad trait to have; mostly I just make myself annoyed.

Besides, I'd probably win at Scrabble anyway. :D 

Sir_The_Last

I am sure you would win. I am unable to be serious in front of people . 

ryn2
3 hours ago, CBC said:

I'm generally not in the habit of giving out sexual favours on AVEN.

For a lot of AVENites the favor would just be doing nothing gladly so you could be okay!

• Like 2

CBC
33 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

For a lot of AVENites the favor would just be doing nothing gladly so you could be okay!

Hahaha very true. 

Tasha the demi squirrel
On 7/3/2019 at 8:05 PM, Sir_The_Last said:

For example chess *giggles loudly " can be seen very BDSM ... 🤔 No one is safe. 😈

I don't understand how 🤷‍♀️ it's probably best I don't lol 🤣

CBC
On 7/14/2019 at 3:21 PM, Tasha the demi squirrel said:

I don't understand how 🤷‍♀️ 

Me neither... but also I'm not a chess player, so.

Chihiro
On 7/15/2019 at 12:51 AM, Tasha the demi squirrel said:

I don't understand how 🤷‍♀️ it's probably best I don't lol 🤣

Chess is a game of war and war involves punishments, killing etc which can be used in BDSM roleplay I suppose. Just my guess.

I think I read in the news that Jeffrey Epstein had a special chessboard made where the pieces were nude figurines of his employees. I may not be accurately recollecting this info and I dont feel like looking up the news article on this asshole.

Telecaster68
8 minutes ago, Chihiro said:

I think I read in the news that Jeffrey Epstein had a special chessboard made where the pieces were nude figurines of his employees. I may not be accurately recollecting this info and I dont feel like looking up the news article on this asshole.

That strikes me about a psychopathic/narc need to enjoy manipulating people rather than sex.

• Like 3

CBC

Ok, that's creepy as fuck.

• Like 2

Tasha the demi squirrel
8 hours ago, CBC said:

Me neither

Glad I'm not the only one lol 🤣

7 hours ago, Chihiro said:

Chess is a game of war and war involves punishments, killing etc which can be used in BDSM roleplay I suppose. Just my guess.

I guess I never looked at chess as war (probably because I'm not very competitive) but that kind of makes sense 

7 hours ago, Chihiro said:

I'll admit I have no clue who Jeffrey Epstein is but that is a messed up thing to do since even if he asked permission the employees may not have felt able to say no so it's an abuse of power 

7 hours ago, CBC said:

Ok, that's creepy as fuck.

Agreed

iff
1 hour ago, Tasha the demi squirrel said:

I'll admit I have no clue who Jeffrey Epstein is but that is a messed up thing to do since even if he asked permission the employees may not have felt able to say no so it's an abuse of power 

Suffice to say, Epstein is a lot more creepy than just that

• Like 1

Tasha the demi squirrel
3 hours ago, iff said:

Suffice to say, Epstein is a lot more creepy than just that

I'm glad not to know who he is then 👍

• Like 1

anisotrophic

I wish I could've said the same. Learning someone interacted with him (and I did flip out, and they corrected it) was part of the start of my gender identity collapse, some years ago. Watching it hit the news now has been a mix of "no shit sherlock" and "I was right".