Jump to content
Mary Lambert

Do you think that Ace's choose to do less "sexy" sports like bowling?

Recommended Posts

Claire1983
4 minutes ago, Tja said:

OMGiddy Aunt! What's not sexy about bowling?!:P

Right?  Any sport where you're cradling balls for an hour and sticking your fingers in hole sounds pretty sexy to me.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rosendust

Umm, I'm confused by the reasoning/circumstances behind this particular question, but I'm going to have to say no, because if it is a sport they enjoy-who cares about what other people think?

Regards,

Rosendust

(AKA Nova)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A.R.B.

I try to avoid sports whatsoever! So I don't think aces do "less sexy sports"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sally
7 hours ago, fuzzipueo said:

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a while. :lol:

 

The funniest thing about it is that it probably wasn't intended to be funny.   (Yes, because someone's ace husband likes bowling, bowling is asexual...)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homer
6 hours ago, Celyn said:

For the record, my favourite sports are tennis and karate,

Oh great. Two (or four) people with rackets who want nothing to do with a yellow felt ball... and as they can't seem to solve their problems, they engage in a fancy asian brawl.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tintinfan
2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Oh great. Two (or four) people with rackets who want nothing to do with a yellow felt ball... and as they can't seem to solve their problems, they engage in a fancy asian brawl.

Please be in charge of sport descriptions for the Olympics.

That's brilliant!

 

Now described the sports I do: cycling, rollerskating and indoor climbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homer
30 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

cycling

"Let me go get some rolls from that bakery 150 miles away"

 

33 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

indoor climbing

Trying to cover up for not bringing a ladder to work.

 

35 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

rollerskating

I like to walk, but I also kind of don't

--

 

@Mary Lambert What would make a sport "sexy" in your opinion?

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scott1989

I've played and coached American Football, but because it's not Lingerie football, I'm not sure if that is sexy enough.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homer
18 minutes ago, Scott1989 said:

American Football

Practice for the IKEA sale

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Telecaster68
4 hours ago, Sally said:

because someone's ace husband likes bowling, bowling is asexual...

Extrapolating from a single instance is one of AVEN's favourite tropes. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moony's Boy Child

Sports suck.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Celyn
2 hours ago, Homer said:

Oh great. Two (or four) people with rackets who want nothing to do with a yellow felt ball... and as they can't seem to solve their problems, they engage in a fancy asian brawl.

Now I'm picturing Roger Federer screaming "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FUZZY SPHERICAL BASTARD!!!" And I can't stop laughing. My stomach hurts. Send help.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dragon_nerd

I like horse riding, kayaking and hiking.

 

I wonder what @Homer thinks of those...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gaogao

I'm not sure what I expected when I came in here but this thread is amazing. I hope Homer continues his sport descriptions.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SparkyCat13
21 hours ago, Homer said:

jump all over a frozen lake with knife shoes

Not gonna lie, putting it that way makes me want to get super into it. Sounds awesome.

 

I don't think I've ever heard of a sport being referred to as "sexy" before...Aside from pointing out that it's ridiculous how much stuff in football could be interpreted as homoerotic while that's the sport that seems to be liked fanatically by pretty homophobic people (not all football fans, yadda yadda...).

 

I've dabbled in soccer, karate, tennis, and track (sprinting).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Telecaster68

I think you mean American 'football', not what the rest of the world calls football... 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cbc

The bowling thing is amusing to me, actually. Although obviously it's a complete coincidence, my (very asexual) husband apparently wanted to be a professional bowler when he was a little kid. I don't know bugger all about bowling... are there such things as professional bowlers?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SparkyCat13
15 minutes ago, CBC said:

The bowling thing is amusing to me, actually. Although obviously it's a complete coincidence, my (very asexual) husband apparently wanted to be a professional bowler when he was a little kid. I don't know bugger all about bowling... are there such things as professional bowlers?

There are! It's crazy. No clue how it works. XD

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cbc
Just now, SparkyCat13 said:

There are! It's crazy. No clue how it works. XD

I guess if there are professional hockey players and football players and dancers and whatnot... why not bowlers? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SparkyCat13
4 minutes ago, CBC said:

I guess if there are professional hockey players and football players and dancers and whatnot... why not bowlers? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

People like watching those things, though. Not sure if I've heard of someone liking to watch bowling. But I also don't understand watching golf, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cbc
4 minutes ago, SparkyCat13 said:

People like watching those things, though. Not sure if I've heard of someone liking to watch bowling. But I also don't understand watching golf, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lots of people here in Canada really like to watch curling, and personally it makes me want to poke my eyeballs out with dull, rusty knives... so it doesn't surprise me that people watch bowling. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveb
43 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

I think you mean American 'football', not what the rest of the world calls football... 

I think what the rest of the world calls football would still work in that description above... :P 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mary Lambert

Yes, my husband also wanted to be a pro-bowler. Wonder how many of them are Aces. Sexy sports can be anything that really builds up the body. Something you can show off your hard work in a swimsuit. Track would count, but you would have to be at least heavy into it in High School or College I would guess. But I would put bad mitten, chess and the alike into the non-sexy category.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bronztrooper
5 minutes ago, Mary Lambert said:

Yes, my husband also wanted to be a pro-bowler. Wonder how many of them are Aces. Sexy sports can be anything that really builds up the body. Something you can show off your hard work in a swimsuit. Track would count, but you would have to be at least heavy into it in High School or College I would guess. But I would put bad mitten, chess and the alike into the non-sexy category.

Hmm... seems to me that has more to do with personal preference than anything.

 

Though, badminton is basically Tennis Lite, and I don't really think chess is considered to be a sport.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solovei
28 minutes ago, Mary Lambert said:

But I would put bad mitten

Do bad mittens go to mitten hell? What about bad gloves? Not-so-good balaclavas? Inquiring minds wanna know...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoseGoesToYale

Erm... how can a sport be "sexy"? I'm so confused...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alejandrogynous
1 hour ago, Mary Lambert said:

Wonder how many of them are Aces.

Probably about as many as there are asexual football players, or gymnasts, or swimmers, or any other sport regardless of where they fall on your sexy scale. There's no correlation.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homer
2 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

Though, badminton is basically Tennis Lite,

I play badminton, but you might play betterminton. Probably even goodminton.

 

Also - horse riding: Taking the bus like in the 1850s

Kayaking: When you get stuck in a badly designed mermaid costume

Hiking: A very informal greeting, considering you're talking to a royal

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homer
1 hour ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Erm... how can a sport be "sexy"? I'm so confused...

Wait, here's an idea. Is there something like visual ASMR? The same way people feel pleasure from listening to certain sounds, but with watching other people's movements? Kind of "admiring their grace"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SparkyCat13
10 minutes ago, Homer said:

Wait, here's an idea. Is there something like visual ASMR? The same way people feel pleasure from listening to certain sounds, but with watching other people's movements? Kind of "admiring their grace"?

That sounds fascinating. And I feel like I've felt that way about a couple of things in my life, actually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...