Do you think that Ace's choose to do less "sexy" sports like bowling?

Mary Lambert

Umm, I'm confused by the reasoning/circumstances behind this particular question, but I'm going to have to say no, because if it is a sport they enjoy-who cares about what other people think?

Regards,

Rosendust

(AKA Nova)

I try to avoid sports whatsoever! So I don't think aces do "less sexy sports"

7 hours ago, fuzzipueo said:

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a while. :lol:

The funniest thing about it is that it probably wasn't intended to be funny.   (Yes, because someone's ace husband likes bowling, bowling is asexual...)

6 hours ago, Celyn said:

For the record, my favourite sports are tennis and karate,

Oh great. Two (or four) people with rackets who want nothing to do with a yellow felt ball... and as they can't seem to solve their problems, they engage in a fancy asian brawl.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Oh great. Two (or four) people with rackets who want nothing to do with a yellow felt ball... and as they can't seem to solve their problems, they engage in a fancy asian brawl.

Please be in charge of sport descriptions for the Olympics.

That's brilliant!

Now described the sports I do: cycling, rollerskating and indoor climbing.

30 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

cycling

"Let me go get some rolls from that bakery 150 miles away"

33 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

indoor climbing

Trying to cover up for not bringing a ladder to work.

35 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

rollerskating

I like to walk, but I also kind of don't

--

@Mary Lambert What would make a sport "sexy" in your opinion?

I've played and coached American Football, but because it's not Lingerie football, I'm not sure if that is sexy enough.

18 minutes ago, Scott1989 said:

American Football

Practice for the IKEA sale

Celyn: The Lutening
2 hours ago, Homer said:

Now I'm picturing Roger Federer screaming "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FUZZY SPHERICAL BASTARD!!!" And I can't stop laughing. My stomach hurts. Send help.

dragon_nerd

I like horse riding, kayaking and hiking.

I wonder what @Homer thinks of those...

I'm not sure what I expected when I came in here but this thread is amazing. I hope Homer continues his sport descriptions.

SparkyCat13
21 hours ago, Homer said:

jump all over a frozen lake with knife shoes

Not gonna lie, putting it that way makes me want to get super into it. Sounds awesome.

I don't think I've ever heard of a sport being referred to as "sexy" before...Aside from pointing out that it's ridiculous how much stuff in football could be interpreted as homoerotic while that's the sport that seems to be liked fanatically by pretty homophobic people (not all football fans, yadda yadda...).

I've dabbled in soccer, karate, tennis, and track (sprinting).

SparkyCat13
15 minutes ago, CBC said:

The bowling thing is amusing to me, actually. Although obviously it's a complete coincidence, my (very asexual) husband apparently wanted to be a professional bowler when he was a little kid. I don't know bugger all about bowling... are there such things as professional bowlers?

There are! It's crazy. No clue how it works. XD

SparkyCat13
4 minutes ago, CBC said:

I guess if there are professional hockey players and football players and dancers and whatnot... why not bowlers? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

People like watching those things, though. Not sure if I've heard of someone liking to watch bowling. But I also don't understand watching golf, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

43 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

I think you mean American 'football', not what the rest of the world calls football... 

I think what the rest of the world calls football would still work in that description above... :P 

Mary Lambert

Yes, my husband also wanted to be a pro-bowler. Wonder how many of them are Aces. Sexy sports can be anything that really builds up the body. Something you can show off your hard work in a swimsuit. Track would count, but you would have to be at least heavy into it in High School or College I would guess. But I would put bad mitten, chess and the alike into the non-sexy category.

Bronztrooper
5 minutes ago, Mary Lambert said:

Yes, my husband also wanted to be a pro-bowler. Wonder how many of them are Aces. Sexy sports can be anything that really builds up the body. Something you can show off your hard work in a swimsuit. Track would count, but you would have to be at least heavy into it in High School or College I would guess. But I would put bad mitten, chess and the alike into the non-sexy category.

Hmm... seems to me that has more to do with personal preference than anything.

Though, badminton is basically Tennis Lite, and I don't really think chess is considered to be a sport.

28 minutes ago, Mary Lambert said:

But I would put bad mitten

Do bad mittens go to mitten hell? What about bad gloves? Not-so-good balaclavas? Inquiring minds wanna know...

RoseGoesToYale

Erm... how can a sport be "sexy"? I'm so confused...

Alejandrogynous
1 hour ago, Mary Lambert said:

Wonder how many of them are Aces.

Probably about as many as there are asexual football players, or gymnasts, or swimmers, or any other sport regardless of where they fall on your sexy scale. There's no correlation.

2 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

Though, badminton is basically Tennis Lite,

I play badminton, but you might play betterminton. Probably even goodminton.

Also - horse riding: Taking the bus like in the 1850s

Kayaking: When you get stuck in a badly designed mermaid costume

Hiking: A very informal greeting, considering you're talking to a royal

1 hour ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Erm... how can a sport be "sexy"? I'm so confused...

Wait, here's an idea. Is there something like visual ASMR? The same way people feel pleasure from listening to certain sounds, but with watching other people's movements? Kind of "admiring their grace"?

SparkyCat13
10 minutes ago, Homer said:

Wait, here's an idea. Is there something like visual ASMR? The same way people feel pleasure from listening to certain sounds, but with watching other people's movements? Kind of "admiring their grace"?

That sounds fascinating. And I feel like I've felt that way about a couple of things in my life, actually.

Alejandrogynous
36 minutes ago, Homer said:

I don't know about people or movements, but I feel like visual ASMR is what all those 'weirdly satisfying pictures' are. Stuff like perfect symmetry or things fitting perfectly inside other things. Some of it does give me tingly satisfied feelings.

Some people might find bowling sexy though? Don't the players ... idk.. lean down in a rather provocative way and there are bulging muscles on their arms while they carry heavy, heavy balls and hurl them at things in a show of strength and accuracy ...? 

Chess can be sexy if you like the look of people thinking very intently? Some people find intelligence attractive, right? 

Also please rate the sexiness of golf? 

@Telecaster68 But tiger woods, one of the most famous golfers ever, was caught in like one of the biggest sex scandals in sport at the time! How could golf not be sexy? ??? 

He hits balls with sticks into holes a lot and some people might like that? 

fff i was mostly trying to make a bad sex joke about golf but i think it fell flat......... (how about... in golf you gotta keep the stick OUT of the hole and the balls IN,...:lol: idk)

I guess my other point is that a lot of regular sexual people find strange things sexy, and just because a sport like golf has a reputation for being really dull and un-sexy, there are probably still a good number of sexual people who find it hot... whether it's because the players are glamourous or charismatic, or because they can show off their muscles in less conventional ways... so the relative sexiness of a sport doesn't mean that the people who play it or watch it are any less sexual than the rest of the general population who prefer football over golf?

Maybe some aces would gravitate towards taking part in sports that have less of a sexy reputation because they don't want to be seen that way, but I also think the reasons people like certain sports are just too varied for there to be any real correlation. 

A.  I don't think being asexual causes any impact to sports people choose.

B.  You are wrong about bowling not being sexy.  I have long enjoyed sitting with a bunch of guys watching my wife bowl, obviously with excellent view of her backside.  Very sexy!  All the better when she is kicking their butts on the scoreboard.  She is an ace at bowling too!

Archived