Do you think that Ace's choose to do less "sexy" sports like bowling?

Mary Lambert

Mary Lambert

I have to asked because my husband, who is an Ace,  is an avid bowler. I mean seriously. And I cannot think of a sport that is less sexy than that. But even though were are not suppose to generalized sometimes it is interesting to note similarities. Yours, Mary

Galactic Turtle

I don't think so? In my life I've been involved in...

- gymnastics

- ice skating 

- swimming

- tennis

- volleyball

- lacrosse

- soccer

I know high school boys were particularly fond of our school's girls volleyball uniforms. Their comments really grossed me out. Is lacrosse sexy? I have no idea. But I do know lax bros do like lax girls quite a bit. XD 

Scottthespy

The sexiness of anything is subjective...I'm sure there are people out there who find bowling very sexy. While there are certainly people who will choose activities and clothes for their sexiness (or lack thereof), there are also plenty of others who don't consider that factor when they make decisions. There are too many variables to be able to say if asexual people are likely to choose unsexy things specifically for the unsexiness. You could ask your husband if the lack of sex appeal is what got him interested in bowling, but I doubt that alone would be enough to make some one an 'avid' practitioner of anything. It could be a factor in some people's decision to try something.

InariYana

I don't think there's a link at all :D 

And bowling can be sexy if you concentrate on those arm muscles for example. Also, this heavy ball... hitting those pins, that keep falling ecstatically and give you a feeling of accomplishment and release. Sounds kinda sexy? :lol:   

What would be the unsexiest sport... hmm. Table tennis is pretty bland to me. 

Randomchaos

I think it's just a preference... Example being that you'll find Ace's all around that play different sports, or don't do any sports. Honestly, I identify as asexual and I've played soccer, basketball, and volleyball, as well as a summer working out with the softball team. 

I do like bowling, but honestly, bowling can be seen as more sexy than basketball because you've got girls bending over, all the time. Basketball's even further from sexy than bowling... you get sweaty and start smelling like B.O because of all the motion... :( Same with volleyball, even though we're supposed to wear spandex... At least with bowling you can wear whatever the hell you want, and you can keep smelling like you just walked out of a shower....

Yes. Everything an asexual person does, absolutely *anything*, their primary, if not only reason, for engaging in it, is how unsexy in it is. Aces are physically incapable of doing anything even remotely sexy or they burst into flames. True story.

Feryn_Hyte
12 minutes ago, Mary Lambert said:

I have to asked because my husband, who is an Ace,  is an avid bowler. I mean seriously. And I cannot think of a sport that is less sexy than that. But even though were are not suppose to generalized sometimes it is interesting to note similarities. Yours, Mary

Challenge accepted... :) I commit the sports of Race Walking and competitive Table Tennis to the council.

Race Walking:

Competitive Table Tennis:

Anyways, in all seriousness, I agree with @Scottthespy that whenever I choose to do something, whether it is subjectively sexy or not hardly ever plays a role in our decision to try it or not.  I can't speak for all Aces, but I had never in all of my years of living even thought about the subjective sexiness of a sport until I read this thread 10 minutes ago. 

Feryn_Hyte
1 minute ago, Solovei said:

Yes. Everything an asexual person does, absolutely *anything*, their primary, if not only reason, for engaging in it, is how unsexy in it is. Aces are physically incapable of doing anything even remotely sexy or they burst into flames. True story.

Fun Fact:   If you ever see a cylindrical shape in an ace's pants it is actually the miniature fire extinguishers they carry around for this exact purpose. ( I'm in the silent section of the library and am barely holding in my laughter! )

I've never bowled and never wanted to. Not even when all of the sexual people where I worked went out for bowling as a work outing. About the only sports I have done were because I had to for school. In college I had to have some PE credits so I chose tennis and fencing. I have also done ice skating, if that's a sport (but NOT hockey). My other physical college credit was for ballroom dancing, by my choice. I enjoyed it.

p.s. I'm not even sure which sports are considered sexy/unsexy

Alejandrogynous

😂😂😂😂😂 No.

NickyTannock

I'm going to say no, because I have no internal sense of what sports are sexy, and I like tennis, which people say is sexy.

I've only gone bowling once, as part of a college class group event for our ragweek, we went bowling. I scored 37.

This was 12 years ago, have no inclination to head back to bowling.

I don't think there is correlation or causation between asexuality and playing sports perceived as less sexy as others, but it really depends on what one considers as being sexy. I've never looked at any sport as being sexy or not, this is actually the first time any thing of such has crossed my mind.

What one person finds sexy, others may not

My sport of choice is cycling.

Honestly I don't think it is a factor.

34 minutes ago, untrACEable_bAROsaur said:

Fun Fact:   If you ever see a cylindrical shape in an ace's pants it is actually the miniature fire extinguishers they carry around for this exact purpose. ( I'm in the silent section of the library and am barely holding in my laughter! )

Why do you think I had to leave Rio for a while and move to one of the rainiest cities in Brazil? Have already lost a couple of fingers and toes just being there!

And don't even get me started on all the singed eyebrows when I've decided to put some eye-shadow on. The horror! :ph34r:

Bronztrooper

I wasn't even aware that sports could be interpreted as sexy?

I mean, I can get thinking that way about the athletes and some of the motions involved, but the sport itself?

I do like soccer, though, and I've done bowling a few times, but mostly for fun.  I'm not really into competitive sports (though, I loved dodgeball in school and was pretty good at avoiding getting hit, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as a sport).  More personal preference than anything.

Ytterbium

I've never really associated sports with sexiness, but I happen to like bowling quite a lot. (I also like chess, if that counts.)

I don't know what sports are supposed to be sexy and which aren't. That worries me!  I'm into cycling, swimming and running. Are they sexy sports? I really hope not! I don't want to be associated with anything considered sexy :o

2 minutes ago, Ortac said:

I don't know what sports are supposed to be sexy and which aren't. That worries me!  I'm into cycling, swimming and running. Are they sexy sports? I really hope not! I don't want to be associated with anything considered sexy :o

I don't know, man, sounds way too sexy-adjacent to me. May I suggest water-cycling or maybe even water jogging? No one can help looking rather silly doing that.

I don't do sports because I'm not good at them, not because of anything to do with sexiness.

fuzzipueo

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a while. :lol:

As for sports - I played soccer for 9 years, not because it was sexy but because my parents wanted my sister and me to be active in some way. I also played softball and indoor hockey, plus the PE stuff in school. None of it was sexy, most of it, with the exception of PE, was fun.

I still love to watch soccer/football on TV, not to watch the guys, but to watch the game itself. I suppose, if you're into that sort of thing, guys who are fit and all that are nice to look at. Me, I watch to see what their skills are and who makes it to the goal.

How is any sport sexy? I can see like figure skating, that's gorgeous, but everything else just makes you sweaty. Also shouldn't bowling be sexy because you have to bend over and show off your butt? (scratches head, confused)

LOL, and no!  Almost all of my partners (all sexuals) have bowled but I won’t even try it.

^_^ Hi. By aces choosing to do "less sexy" sports, do you mean team sports where a player/athlete will blend in with their teammates (e.g., lacrosse, hockey, basketball), as opposed to participating in sports where the player/athlete can only compete by themselves (e.g., tennis, figure skating, etc.) and be more of the center of attention?

Are you asking whether aces are more introverted and like playing more "quiet" sports?

My sibling who appears to also be graysexual or demisexual, doesn't like participating in any type of sport, however, I do: I've always been up for playing any type of sport, including team sports with friends (e.g., basketball, street hockey) or by myself (e.g., figure skating, cycling, jogging/running, etc.)

Or maybe, just maybe, not *everything* we, allo- and asexuals alike, do has to do with sex. Nor does how we feel about sex define every single thing about us. I know, what an idiotic thought, right.

fuzzipueo
12 minutes ago, Solovei said:

Or maybe, just maybe, not *everything* we, allo- and asexuals alike, do has to do with sex. Nor does how we feel about sex define every single thing about us. I know, what an idiotic thought, right.

Not at all. A lot of people play sports because it's something they enjoy doing and it has nothing to do with how "sexy" it might be.

Tintinfan

Nope. 

Aces participate in the sports they like

2 hours ago, fuzzipueo said:

Not at all. A lot of people play sports because it's something they enjoy doing and it has nothing to do with how "sexy" it might be.

Ya'd think, no? And yet, we get questions like this...........:huh:

If you really break things down, there's nothing "sexy" about sports. They just become painfully dumb. There's no obvious reason to kick a ball around or throw giant toothpicks or run for your life (could just have started earlier, avoiding the hassle) or jump all over a frozen lake with knife shoes or...

Celyn: The Lutening
1 hour ago, Homer said:

If you really break things down, there's nothing "sexy" about sports. They just become painfully dumb. There's no obvious reason to kick a ball around or throw giant toothpicks or run for your life (could just have started earlier, avoiding the hassle) or jump all over a frozen lake with knife shoes or...

I want the Olympic sports to be officially renamed by Homer. "Jump all over a frozen lake with knife shoes" is my favourite.

P.S. For the record, my favourite sports are tennis and karate, because I happen to be OK at them, NOT because of any sexiness or unsexiness.

OMGiddy Aunt! What's not sexy about bowling?!:P

Claire1983
4 minutes ago, Tja said:

OMGiddy Aunt! What's not sexy about bowling?!:P

Right?  Any sport where you're cradling balls for an hour and sticking your fingers in hole sounds pretty sexy to me.

Archived