Snao Cone

Research Participation Request: Exploring the High School Experience of Asexual Individuals

Snao Cone

This request is from Yuchen Yang at the University of Chicago

---

My name is Yuchen Yang, and I am a PhD student in the Department of Sociology at the University of Chicago. I am launching a research about asexuality for my qualifying paper. The research will investigate how did asexual people navigate peer culture in their high school environment (junior high and/or senior high) in the United States. I’m looking for interview participants for this study from now until November 2019.

Each interview will last for about 1 to 1.5 hour, and will be conducted either in person or via the Internet (Skype or Google Hangout) depending on the participants’ preference and location. During the interview, I will ask participants who have completed high school to recollect their memories, and participants can refuse to answer any questions during the interview if they don’t want to share that information. I will assign pseudonyms to all participants (unless the participant insist to be acknowledged by real name) and their schools to ensure the confidentiality of the interview.

You will be eligible for the study if you
(1) Are at least 18 years old, and
(2) Have attended high school in the United States.

If you fulfill both of the requirements, you’re welcome to participate in the research, regardless of how much importance you attach to asexuality as your identity.

If you are interested, please fill this Qualtrics form (http://ssd.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8pR0tG1tiXMqSsR) with your contact information
and basic demographic information, and I will contact you to schedule an interview. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me (yucheny@uchicago.edu) at any time. The Primary Investigator of this project is Professor Kristen Schilt (kschilt@uchicago.edu). The IRB protocol ID for this project is IRB18-0534.

Your participation is highly appreciated.

---

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

Snao Cone

Resource and Education Director

(Note: I'm acting on behalf of our vacant Dedicated Research Contact position)

argar

Cool,

I'm in.

You can PM here to set up the interview.