Has anyone in an Ace/Allo Relationship ever cheated?

Mary Lambert

12 hours ago, Mary Lambert said:

Gay seems easier because it is more familiar. This takes you for a loop at first. :) 

Gay = definite divorce (would for me anyway).

He could just be using the “I’m a bi/ace but I don’t like labels” as an excuse to keep the convenience of his married life together. There’s plenty of people out there who do do that.

I have wondered over the years if my husband was homosexual as well- it would be so much easier to understand. & accept that orientation .  I would have had an easier time justifying a departure from the marriage, in my mind as well.  The few people who I’ve shared my forced celibacy with have ALL raised the question of homosexuality.  Not because he has given any indication he is gay, but because asexuality is so poorly understood.

I also look differently now at my husband’s reactions and behaviors around topics and conversation  with sexual undertones.  He has always been noticeably uncomfortable and awkward with discussions or jokes about sex.  He has  avoided conversations about sex in general, and especially with our sons. The job of sex education at home was naturally my entire responsibly.  In the past these behaviors would frustrate, deeply trouble and embarrass me- now I look at them with a new understanding and acceptance.    The information I’ve read on AVEN has been responsible for that enlightenment, and i am so very appreciative!

Archived