New Declass Team Member Needed: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

We are looking for one more member of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/ 

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring (but make it obvious that you wish to run; state "I nominate myself" or similar).

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/ 

You can run for only one office at a time.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 26 April to Thursday, 3 May: Nominations.

Thursday, 3 May to Sunday, 6 May: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 6 May to Sunday, 13 May: Voting.

scarletlatitude

I imagine someone couldn't be DT and TT at once? Hmm... will have to consider my options

Janus the Fox
22 hours ago, scarletlatitude said:

I imagine someone couldn't be DT and TT at once? Hmm... will have to consider my options

Probably not, though maybe in future, an experienced DT may become a TT to train or develop new DT Staff or learning procedures.  There's something to possibly develop in future.

Declass Team is a great way to get involved as part of the AVEN Staff, if anyone's considering it I would definitely say go for it ^_^

If anybody has questions about the role or wants more info, I'm sure either myself or one of the other DTs will be able to help!

Cimmerian

Seconding what Verb has said. We're happy to answer questions if you'd like to find out more before committing to run. :)

Anyone who wants to run, now's the time to put in your name! :cake:

Plectrophenax

Well, since nobody is applying, I might as well ask a question or two to keep things moving:

From what I gather, the task of the Declassification Team requires less immediacy than, say, being a moderator - i.e. while regular commitment is obviously required, it need not necessarily be daily. Is that a fair assumption?

How often do you work on Declassification per week, roughly?

How much of that time is active declassifiication as opposed to proofreading what others went through or actually taking the steps of making the threads accessible?

Out of general curiosity, how vast is the backlog currently? Just how (in)surmountable does it seem? (Edit: apparently it's 4 years.)

And, to assisst @Verb 's pitch, what do you like most about your activities as part of the Declassification Team?

(Also, to your possible relief, tomorrow through Saturday are the days I generally can't make, so don't take this as a nomination. While I think this sounds interesting, I'm not sure I quite have the profile for it - though, hopefully, these questions can spark some further discussions or perhaps even interest among others ^_^)

Janus the Fox
1 hour ago, Plectrophenax said:

From what I gather, the task of the Declassification Team requires less immediacy than, say, being a moderator - i.e. while regular commitment is obviously required, it need not necessarily be daily. Is that a fair assumption?

How often do you work on Declassification per week, roughly?

How much of that time is active declassifiication as opposed to proofreading what others went through or actually taking the steps of making the threads accessible?

Out of general curiosity, how vast is the backlog currently? Just how (in)surmountable does it seem? (Edit: apparently it's 4 years.)

And, to assisst @Verb 's pitch, what do you like most about your activities as part of the Declassification Team?

(Also, to your possible relief, tomorrow through Saturday are the days I generally can't make, so don't take this as a nomination. While I think this sounds interesting, I'm not sure I quite have the profile for it - though, hopefully, these questions can spark some further discussions or perhaps even interest among others ^_^)

Correct, it is not required to do a DT task every day, its much more flexible, though currently, we expect something monthly, my tasks I do on a 4 day a week as that I want to do, not that I'm required to do. 

Some DT may like to do a burst of work weekly or for a day in a span of a fortnight.  I split my time between PM's (if available, updating member lists etc.), Declass (Including Indexing updating the bulletin) and Proofing (Updating bulletin, posting to a Recent Declass log and final move to Admod archives.  My preference is Declass, if there's no PM's to handle first, though I have done Proofing usually if there's a large number of proofing that does not have my name on it (in Titles to mark what's been done already.

We get the Threads in batches, currently there's about 5 pages worth of Declass threads on show.  We get a new batch as soon threes 2 pages left, so on the surface, it don't look that insurmountable.  There is 4 years yes, but often despite the amount, the content of which maybe small.  With more hands on the Declass Forum, quicker we get closer to the current day.

I enjoy reading the threads as I declass them, also getting updates in the back room, there is always useful to search any necessary information.

(Naw I can't make Saturdays either, that's my day off from the internet :P)

apatrickwsu

There is a combination of things I'm thinking about right now - first that it is difficult to see no one stepping up and volunteering here. Second that I've benefited a lot from this site and haven't stepped up myself to help with anything yet. Third that I have a lot of potentially relevant professional experience and skills related to this while I don't have a similar background for other team roles.

I'll go ahead and nominate myself.

Snao Cone
1 hour ago, apatrickwsu said:

There is a combination of things I'm thinking about right now - first that it is difficult to see no one stepping up and volunteering here. Second that I've benefited a lot from this site and haven't stepped up myself to help with anything yet. Third that I have a lot of potentially relevant professional experience and skills related to this while I don't have a similar background for other team roles.

I'll go ahead and nominate myself.

YAY! :cake:

*closes to start campaign*

Archived