Asexual Headcanons

kyanitedragon

At this point I assume that every fictional character is ace until proven otherwise. I can't help it, it's just something I do. But one of my favourite ace headcanons is Sunny from Wings Of Fire being aro/ace. She doesn't have a crush on any other dragons and doesn't seem into romance. Another dragon Starflight admitted to having a crush on her but she said she would rather be friends. Tui has written LGBT dragons, like Anemone x Tamarin (which I think is a cute ship) I think Sunny is the perfect opportunity for Tui to write an ace dragon. Also, dragons = ace symbol.

My icon is one of the ones I made for Pride Month for my roleplay characters. Shuri just gives me an ace vibe, like, there are literally all these Border warriors and Dora Milaje at peak fitness around the whole time and she's just doing her studies and her memes quite happily off by herself like I did when I was a teenager

If anyone’s read “Murder Most Unladylike”, I’m thinking George. He’s the only character who hasn’t been shown to have an interest in romance, so he might be Aromantic? I did think maybe Daisy, since she said several times she didn’t want to date or marry, but it turns out she’s gay, so never mind. (Also, side note, there’s so many gay characters in this series set in the 1930s, and it’s great.)

Because this thread was revived...

Bakugou I see more as gay and since I hard-core ship him and Midoriya, I headcanon Bakugou as closeted gay and taking out his frustration on Izuku who was perfectly happy being bi/pan. 

Todoroki I can see being ace though. As well as Iida. Both of them I just see as oblivious to it all.

Don't know enough about Shinsou yet (won't read the manga until after the 4th season is out, I made a promise to myself or I might dislike the anime).

Aizawa and DEFINITELY All Might I headcanon as ace. Aizawa might be in a QPR with Present Mic, but I don't see All Might with anyone and even find those who ship him with Midoriya's mom as odd.

For the Ace Attorney fandom, I headcanon Miles Edgeworth (Mitsurugi Reiji) as homoromantic asexual and involved with Phoenix Wright (Naruhodo Ryuichi) who is just pan-everything. I find something I can relate to Edgeworth when people around him are going insane and he just sighs like "Let's get this shit settled down then" and I can see him doing that with sexuality too. 

• 7 months later...
14 (Hiatus)

I headcanon the following characters as asexual/aromantic or just on the acespec/arospec:

The Disastrous Life of Saiki. K:

Saiki Kusuo - Aromantic asexual and not interested in a queerplatonic relationship. He is sex and romance repulsed. (The reason why I headcanon this is because he shows no interest in any genders and doesn't want to date whatsoever, and is very antisocial)

Attack On Titan:

Eren Jaeger - Homodemiromantic homodemisexual. He started to experience these attractions towards Armin. OR aromantic asexual Eren who is sex and romance repulsed or possibly romance neutral. (The reason why is because I ship him with Armin, he blushes and shows more than platonic attraction towards Armin, etc.) (The reason why I also headcanon him as aromantic asexual is because if he doesn't end up with Armin or likes Armin in a romantic/sexual manner then I'd like him to be aroace just like me. Also aro ace Eren is just perfect)

Armin Arlert - Homodemiromantic homodemisexual. He started to experience these attractions towards Eren. (I ship him with Eren)

Miraculous Ladybug: The Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir:

Adrien Agreste - panromantic asexual, biromantic asexual, bidemiromantic bidemisexual, pandemiromantic pandemisexual, and aromantic asexual. (For the first four, it's because it just seems like Adrien and it's nice. For him being aro ace, I just hate romance so much sometimes and I just wish he was aro ace.)

Alix Kubdel - Aromantic asexual (There is no way that girl isn't aro ace, she doesn't seem interested in anyone whatsoever)

My Hero Academia:

Shouto Todoroki - homoromantic asexual, aromantic asexual, homoromantic homodemisexual, biromantic asexual, and biromantic bidemisexual. (For the homo ace and homo homodemi, honestly I just ship him with Izuku and Bakugou a lot and he also gives me a lot of ace/acespec vibes. Honestly he doesn't show lots of attraction towards either gender so I also headcanon him as aromantic asexual. For the bi bidemi and bi ace, his physical appearance reminds me of bisexual guys in general and he just... seems bi??? I don't know. 

Katsuki Bakugou - Aromantic asexual or homoromantic asexual. Again he doesn't seem to show attraction or interest towards any gender or he possibly may have a crush on Kirishima but isn't sexually attracted to anyone. He just gives me ace vibes dude.

Persona 5:

Akira Kurusu - Aromantic asexual. He just seems aro ace and I want him to be aro ace.

Now, I can't remember the other fandoms I know of and the ace/aro/acespec/arospec headcanons I have for them. So this is all I have at the moment. 

On 4/27/2018 at 3:31 PM, knittinghistorian said:

Hercule Poirot seems very asexual to me, though he finds women aesthetically pleasing, and probably gray-aro too.  I know he fell for a woman in one book, but it was very much an exception.

I've always got that vibe from him also! I've only watched the T.V. adaption but he never really seems interested in that side of things, as you said he did fall in love once, but it was treated as something that hadn't really happened before and all other adaptions he just seems to observe or understand romance/sex as a motive in his cases, but is never really intrested himself. Sherlock in the BBC adaption seems to be ace too, though there is the case of Irene Adler, so he might be grey-ace but apart from that he believes love is like a lot of other emotions, pointless and dull

• 2 weeks later...

I've never watched Star Trek so I can't speak much on how legit these might be, but I have a friend who says that the community as a whole headcanons:

Spock: Homo demiromantic Ace

Scotty: Heteroromantic Ace (maybe greyromantic?)

• 1 month later...
Peace_of_Ace

I'm going to show my age here.  But...

1. Quinn from Daria:   I found a really convincing argument about her being ace here.  I buy it and I like this representation because it's very similar to my experiences in high school.
  2. Elsa from Frozen:  I mean, of course.  We all want this to be true.  If they go ahead and make her gay in Frozen 3, it will be great for the LGBT community to be sure, but I'll be a little disappointed personally.  She's sort of my ace goddess for now.
  3. Merida from Brave:  I know she's young, but she specifically says, "I'm not ready, and I may never be ready" which is just as simple and profound as you can get in a children's movie.
  4. Kramer from Seinfeld: This is not one I've seen around the internet.  I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of it, but I came up with this myself and google didn't provide any confirmation.  Yea, he's zany and who knows what his deal is, but maybe he doesn't have a deal.  He's eccentric, impulsive, got no time for romance, and I can relate to that.
  5. Sheldon from Big Bang Theory:   I know this one is contentious.  IMO, this was a big missed opportunity for the creators of BBT.  I think it would have been cool if they confirmed that he was ace but that he fell in romantic love (or maybe even just intellectual infatuation!) with Amy (who is sexual) but they compromised and made it work.  Instead, they made it more about how weird and eccentric he was and how he "grew" into a more "normal" person which is really disappointing to me.  If they just would have framed it differently, it could have helped a lot of aces who already feel bad about who they are.  I think the way they did it sends a potentially damaging message.

Katie Holt from Voltron Legendary Defender as aro/ace because first off, she just gives off those vibes. She's intelligent, loves her family and friends, has a career plan relating to technology, and her suit is green. Also, Bex Taylor-Klaus mentioned asexuality in an interview relating to the character they voiced.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, at this point I won't even discuss Sherlock Holmes, because he's obviously an asexual except that the Word didn't exist and Conan Doyle couldn't use it. That's more canon that headcanon.

Poirot follows the same mold. I've read every Agatha Christie book and yes, he's very ace. He's aesthetically attractdd to women and has one platonic crush that is more admiration that anything else (the Adler mold).

Spock isn't ace if you follow the canon, but can seem to have those trait for the casual viewer.

Archived