Asexual Headcanons

kyanitedragon

kyanitedragon

Post your asexual headcanons here!

You can be as vague or detailed as you want, but please make sure to include:

• Their name
  • What piece of fiction they are from
  • Reasons why you headcanon them as asexual (It can be as simple as "Because I like this headcanon" or "I get an ace vibe from them" or a description of how they respond to romantic/sexual situations)

I'd love to see everyone's interpretations of characters, and maybe we'll even discover new interests! Even if your character has already been mentioned, feel free to post yours too. Everyone will have a different interpretations of them.

TheCatBehind

This is a new one I just got the other day:

Bakugou Katsuki from Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia as asexual, cause there was a prompt about ‘coming out’ and I just imagined him being ace~

And I would love it for him to actually be ace just because it’d be more compelling than just ‘he doesn’t pay it much mind’ or ‘he has too much stuff on his mind.’

Plus apparently there’s an uncomfortable amount of biohobia and acephobia in the fandom. I wouldn’t know, I usually steer clear of any fandom drama

My friend says Marco from AoT, "Because he's Marco." I think Iceland (both from APH and SatW.) because he literally ends up with no one. 😌 I dunno.

Browncoat10

Two of my posts, copied from a previous thread:

He wasn't described as asexual, and from the context (kinda throwaway, played for humour) I'm guessing it was a one-time thing, but Count Olaf in Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix came across as ace in S2E4. He wanted to celebrate an evil plan working with his girlfriend, who's supposedly very attractive, and she was properly coming onto him, and they were talking about what they should do...

And he wanted to dance. And not like romantic dancing, like party dancing. And she obviously wanted to have sex, and it wasn't just that, it was that they played him as totally oblivious to the fact that she wanted to have sex. As I say, it's a kids' show, they were just playing it for humour cos they couldn't have a sex scene in a show like that, but it was cool. Not that he's the best, uh, role model... But nice to see it. If anyone's interested.

They did it again in Series of Unfortunate Events! It's becoming a running joke and it's great. Sorry, I just really like the show and now pretty much the main character is, in my head, canonically asexual.

Yep! Totally unconfirmed in the actual show, but as I say, in my head, totally ace.

53 minutes ago, Maks9090 said:

Bakugou Katsuki from Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia as asexual, cause there was a prompt about ‘coming out’ and I just imagined him being ace~

And I would love it for him to actually be ace just because it’d be more compelling than just ‘he doesn’t pay it much mind’ or ‘he has too much stuff on his mind.’

Reveal hidden contents

Plus apparently there’s an uncomfortable amount of biohobia and acephobia in the fandom. I wouldn’t know, I usually steer clear of any fandom drama

The show itself is good, but the shipping is already waaaay too out of hand.

I don’t really see Bakugou as being a good ace role model considering the about of abuse he gives to Izuku though. Plus they have all the flustered parts for him too, they just make the blush less evident, or show him getting defensive instead.

I like the idea of Shinsou as ace though, and just chilling with cats at a cat cafe instead of dating people. 

1 hour ago, Maks9090 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I can see that one.  I ship him with Kirishima, but I can easily see him being completely disinterested in sex.

Julian from The Arcana. As to why...I really relate to him as a character, and in general characters I strongly relate to I end up head canoning as ace. I think he's panromantic asexual, as he definitely flirts with the player character regardless of their gender.

This is interesting because I mostly only headcanon characters as ace when there's evidence pushing for it but no actual label, like how I headcanon Souichi Tatsumi from Koisuru Boukun as demisexual because of the last few volumes but before that I suspected he was ace like his brother.  Still cool with him being ace tho.

Someone I actually headcanon as ace tho... Luffy from One Piece because I think his creators are hard pushing for it.  Also Goku from DB(Z/GT/S) because he doesn't seem to ever show attraction.

I also switch back and forth between my headcanons of characters, like sometimes Izaya Orihara from DRRR!! is ace to me but sometimes he's gay, same with L and/or Light from Death Note.  

I'll stop there because my fangirl is starting to come out and I don't want to go insane tonight...

TheCatBehind
9 hours ago, Lichley said:

The show itself is good, but the shipping is already waaaay too out of hand.

I don’t really see Bakugou as being a good ace role model considering the about of abuse he gives to Izuku though. Plus they have all the flustered parts for him too, they just make the blush less evident, or show him getting defensive instead.

I like the idea of Shinsou as ace though, and just chilling with cats at a cat cafe instead of dating people. 

Tbh it doesn’t surprise me that the shipping is way out of hand lol 

Oh yeah, he’s not a role model, but he’s human. A very broken human, that’s why I am wayy too into his character. So much to be discovered and explored~~~~ Explodoboi 4 eva

And I’m super on board with Shinsou being ace :D 

8 hours ago, Claire1983 said:

Yeah I can see that one.  I ship him with Kirishima, but I can easily see him being completely disinterested in sex.

In BnHA I am a multishipping trashbag and I can literally see everyone being with anyone in class 1-A haha, never been much of a multishipper, but everyone can work in their own unique way with another person... It often gives me a headache lol

SallyBlackwater

I think there was a topic like this somewhere else but anyway, here's my list:

- Phichit Chulanont from Yuri on Ice. Thinking of him in a relationship with anyone just feels weird, he looks so happy on his own, surrounded by friends and hamsters xD

- Yuuri Katsuki from Yuri On Ice is definitely demisexual.

- Todoroki from BNHA is either demi or ace, I still have to make up my mind about it xD

- Tsuyu from BNHA is aroace and nobody can change my mind about it.

- Pidge from Voltron.

- Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. I don't know why, she just gives me that vibe.

- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter is totally a panromantic ace.

- Haruka Nanase from Free! is both demiromantic and demisexual.

- Gou Matsuoka from Free! is demisexual.

LadyWallflower

I think since anime has been mentioned a lot, that I want to bring up Natsume from Nastume's Book of Friends. He can easily be seen as Ace (possible homoromantic or aromantic, I think). There is also very little romance in the show, and it is high quality. So If you want a really Ace-friendly anime to watch, I highly recommend Natsume's Book of Friends.

14 hours ago, Maks9090 said:

Tbh it doesn’t surprise me that the shipping is way out of hand lol 

Oh yeah, he’s not a role model, but he’s human. A very broken human, that’s why I am wayy too into his character. So much to be discovered and explored~~~~ Explodoboi 4 eva

And I’m super on board with Shinsou being ace :D

In BnHA I am a multishipping trashbag and I can literally see everyone being with anyone in class 1-A haha, never been much of a multishipper, but everyone can work in their own unique way with another person... It often gives me a headache lol

There are so many good ships out there. Especially since so many of the characters are so lovable. There’s even the Dekubowl tag specifically for “everyone has a crush on Deku” because the cinnamon roll is that pure. Any the poly ship between Uraraka, Kirishima and Nitroboi.

Random point. Have you ever noticed that Expolums5000 changed his name from King to Lord, as if he was slowly coming to recognise that he wasn’t up to par with being worth of the name yet. It’s so subtle, but it shows his gradual growth so much. 

TheCatBehind
2 hours ago, Lichley said:

There’s even the Dekubowl tag

Oh B E L I E V E ME. I know there’s a Dekubowl tag. He is just too lovable xd I swear xd

And about the name, I loved that subtle growth, I live for stuff like that xd

I have another one: David from Camp Camp. He just never seems interested in girls that way, even with Bonquisha. (How do you spell her name???) I dunno. I get that vibe from him.

EngineeRaven

As I've mentioned in the other thread:

- Annabelle McAlistair from The Dolls of New Albion: never succeeds in relationships, in the end creates one for herself with necromancy, and calls it a "dear friend with whom I go on walks and talks".
- Admiral Thrawn from Star Wars (Legends) : He's kind of a Strategy And Information Over Women kind of guy.

knittinghistorian

Hercule Poirot seems very asexual to me, though he finds women aesthetically pleasing, and probably gray-aro too.  I know he fell for a woman in one book, but it was very much an exception.

LadyWallflower
22 hours ago, knittinghistorian said:

Hercule Poirot seems very asexual to me, though he finds women aesthetically pleasing, and probably gray-aro too.  I know he fell for a woman in one book, but it was very much an exception.

I love Agatha Christie and Hercule Poirot! I've never thought about it before, but I can definitely see it. :) 

Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Heteroromantic yes, but she really doesn't seem to care about hot people like Gaston.

Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter doesn't seem to care about attracting people, either. Maybe J.K Rowling was probably just trying to write an independant, quirky, introverted character, but she seems pretty ace in the end.

Mary Read (disguised as James Kidd for much of the game) from Assassin's Creed Black iv Flag is probably asexual, too

Maybe Raven from Teen Titans, but she's not exactly open about her emotions...

Duke Memphis

Thornberg Kinderling from the book Black House. Even though he killed two people and was sent to prison for it, his wife pretty clearly defines him as ace. It's too bad that he's a psychotic murderer.

By the way, I'm only about halfway through the book, and Thorny's not that relevant to the plot, as far as I can tell.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

I personally think Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI is asexual because at multiple points in the game she expresses confusion because she has never been able to feel love for another person.

Spoiler

And near the end of the game she does finally feel love, but it's maternal love for a village full of orphaned children.

I also like the idea of a character that's meant to be unrelatable to anyone being the one I relate to the most.

Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia also seems asexual to me. He seems to value friendship above anything else, even with people that could be seen as potential love interests.

knittinghistorian

Two classic examples are Enjolras, from Les Miserables, and Sherlock Holmes. You’d be pretty hard-pressed to say either of them ISN’T asexual, and probably also aromantic!

KitchenDemi
On 4/26/2018 at 5:23 AM, SallyBlackwater said:

- Pidge from Voltron.

I LIVE FOR ACE/ARO/AROACE PIDGE LIKE UNF-

SallyBlackwater

Oh and of course Charlie Weasley is aroace. L from Death Note is aroace too, while Light is aro.

Bronztrooper

A few I've posted on another thread:

Ruby Rose from RWBY: Since the beginning of the series, almost all of the main characters have been shown having an interest in other characters except Ruby (Jaune was interested in Weiss, Weiss was interested in Neptune, Yang is interested in guys in general, Blake is interested in Sun, Nora is interested in Ren, and Pyrrha is interested in Jaune).  Arguably the second episode could imply that Ruby may have been interested in Jaune, but there hasn't been any real instances afterwards to support that.  She's much more interested in reading and weapons than in dating and honestly, hasn't shown any obvious interest in anyone (not that there weren't moments that could be seen that way, but still).

Lie Ren (also) from RWBY:  Like Ruby, Ren hasn't been shown to have any interest in other characters.  He's also pretty much oblivious to Nora's interest in him for a good amount of the series despite the 2 of them knowing each other for so long.

Lately I've been starting to think that Merrill from Dragon Age 2 might be a biromantic asexual.  She's pretty clueless about a good amount of innuendos yet she is still interested in learning about 'dirty' stuff.  There's even a convo with another character (Anders) who comments on her looking through his grimoire and she says that she was looking for 'dirty spells' while his reaction is basically along the lines of "WTF".

It could be argued that she's simply not mature enough to understand attraction and stuff like that, but there are plenty of moments where she can come off as one of the more mature characters in the game, so idk.

Maul_Junior

Kingkiller Chronicles: Manet and Elodin from the University. Both separately ace, not shipped together. Though.....that would make for a fairly humorous story.

also potentially Trapis. Though maybe that's just 'cause he's one of the most awesome characters in the entire series.

And I've recently begun shipping Bast and Kote Kvothe, instead of just a purely teacher/student relationship. It adds an entirely different element to the story.

Discworld: Granny Weatherwax

EngineeRaven

Diaval from Maleficent? I mean, he spends almost 20 years following Maleficent, never showing an intention to chase skirts...

• 2 weeks later...

Saiki from The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. He has no interest in any of the girls that try to get his attention, and will go out of his way to keep them away.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are:

Sherlock Holmes (at least the Benedict Cumberbatch one): definitely ace, probably also aro

It's often hinted that he never actually had sex before and he also does not show any interest in it. He is somehow interested in Irene Adler, but I think it's more being fascinated than actual sexual attraction. While he does deeply care for his friends, romance also doesn't seem like a concept he would value in any way.

Katniss Everdeen: ace and demi-romantic

She only seems to develop romantic feelings for Peeta while they are dating / "fake"-dating. I can't remember her acting like she was sexually attracted to anyone at any time, either.

Luna Lovegood: aro? ace

Charlie Weasley: aro ace

They both don't show any interest in dating / relationships / sex. Although it's canon Luna does marry and has kids at some point (which bugs me because in my opinion, it doesn't really fit her character).

Carrie Pilby: hetero-romantic ace

Watching the movie, I could relate to her SO MUCH. She's always complaining about sex being so important to people. :D

Charlie Weasley: Aroace because DRAGONS!!!

Luna Lovegood: panromantic ace I don't know why.

Yuuri Katsuki from Yuuri on Ice: definitely demisexual, the way he's acting it's practically canon.

Phichit Chulanont also from YoI: aro?ace. He just looks so happy being single surrounded by his friends and hamsters.

Sherlock Holmes: aroace Though I do ship him in a queerplatonic relationship with John Watson (yeah I know my fangirl is showing)

• 1 year later...

Oof

Bakugou- A grey-romantic grey-sexual GAY (attraction is pretty rare as compared to most people and it's not really powerful unless your his partner)

Todoroki- Demisexual (just demi really, I can't describe him any other way)

Shinsou- Aro/ace (or just ace meh)

(non ace/grey headcanons)

Jirou- mtf lesbian

Momo-lesbian

Kaminari- Bisexual disaster (and doesn't notice he likes dudes unlike it's like thrown at him)

Midoriya- Bi-curious 

Kirishima- Pansexual

That's about it tbh 

Archived