Progress...?

Duke Memphis

Duke Memphis

Last night, after I came home from a party, my stepmom talked to me about my relationship with my girlfriend. She and my dad are "trying to look out for me" when it comes to their advice concerning my relationship, and they don't really seem to like her. They say she doesn't really like me. Needless to say, it was long, stressful, and painful.

Some time ago, I was pretty much forced to come out to them, if anyone remembers, and they completely disregarded the possibility of existing as an ace. But last night, my stepmom said that when I go off to college, my girlfriend will simply find someone else. My stepmom addressed my orientation in the conversation, but she said "So you say" before the label.

Does this mean that she's accepting my being ace as an actual fact? I know that no one goes from complete disbelief to belief, but does she recognize my orientation? Is she making progress? I don't care if they love it, hate it, or don't mind it; I just want them to know that it exists, and I am one.

Even skepticism is better than flat-out denial, but is she even that far?

It can take people a long time to accept something.

It sound like she is acknowledging what you are saying, now she doesn't seem to agree with you/believe you but she does seem to hear you. It may not sound like much but it is an improvement, at least they are starting to listen. 

Archived