Hello All!

Queenie

I have lurked on Aven infrequently for many years. For a long time I was too afraid to make an account for fear that I did not belong or the title of asexual did not fit me but finally I plucked up the courage and made a profile today. 

Firstly, I will give you a little backstory about me. I am 32 years old and still a virgin. When growing I never went through the boy crazy phase or girl crazy phase. I just thought I was a late bloomer that would eventually get it when I met the right person but that never really happened cause I never found anyone sexually attractive or attractive period... I just wasn't interested. I was the ultimate nerd with my Pokemon cards, Dragonball Z, and every other anime and manga during that time. When I went on to college I did not know anything about asexuality I first heard about it in 2006 when a friend that would be a catalyst for a lot of things in my life told me that she was asexual. I wanted to know more about her so I looked up the term  stumbled across this wonderful site. 

At the time I only had understanding more about my friend at the forefront of my mind not myself so I ignored how a lot of the definition of the terms felt right to me... In 2007 after knowing my friend for 2 years I realized that I was in love with her... It took me so long to figure out what was going on... I had never understood the feelings that I was going through cause well she was the first person and has been the only person I have ever loved. That time was a bit dark for me cause it was very confusing trying to understand my sexuality apart from what I wanted it to be...

To spar you all that crappy story of angst I will say this a lot has happened since that time of me discovering myself. I have learned that my friend is aromatic and asexual she does not want a romantic relationship at all which I totally respect. We are still friends and we always will be. I have come to terms with the fact that I am demisexual or possibly just gray since I have loved no one else besides her but one day if it happens again than so be it if not than that is fine too. I am not looking. Either way, thanks for reading and I hope to read more posts from you all. 

Take care y'all :)

Hi and welcome

:cake::cake:

I'll not bore you with my story, generally people here are nice and post pictures that make you hungry ;)

I appreciate you :) Also bore away I don't mind reading but the choice is yours :D

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Welcome Lounge.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

Thanks and sorry I placed it in the wrong place. 

Just now, Queenie said:

Thanks and sorry I placed it in the wrong place. 

You're welcome. It's okay. Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

5 minutes ago, Queenie said:

I appreciate you :) Also bore away I don't mind reading but the choice is yours :D

TBH I'm not even sure how much of my crazy I've already shared here :)

I know I have not shared it all.

the TLDR version

Spent 37 years (although I probably did nothing for first 10 or so) trying to work stuff out and 1 year accepting I'm probably asexual and demi romantic

Lots of stuff happened as well but not ready (or drunk enough) to share all that yet on a forum yet ;) 

6 minutes ago, Andrew001 said:

TBH I'm not even sure how much of my crazy I've already shared here :)

I know I have not shared it all.

the TLDR version

Spent 37 years (although I probably did nothing for first 10 or so) trying to work stuff out and 1 year accepting I'm probably asexual and demi romantic

Lots of stuff happened as well but not ready (or drunk enough) to share all that yet on a forum yet ;) 

Oh trust me I understand. I don't drink but my mood has to be just right to go into that mire of memory not all was bad but everything was tainted. More than likely I will piece meal my story as well.  Being older helps in a way... younger me would not know what to do but the me of today meets everything with a cool stare and a shrug. I am just glad a place like this exist with people of all walks and ages :)

Welcome! What’s your favourite Pokémon? 

900_608918JBEp_pokemon-cake.jpg

4 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! What’s your favourite Pokémon? 

900_608918JBEp_pokemon-cake.jpg

Thanks! My favorite Pokemon was pikachu and charmander. Squirtle was adorable as well. I loved the original 150 including mew and mew two but when the franchise expanded beyond that I lost interest. 

2 minutes ago, Queenie said:

Oh trust me I understand. I don't drink but my mood has to be just right to go into that mire of memory not all was bad but everything was tainted. More than likely I will piece meal my story as well.  Being older helps in a way... younger me would not know what to do but the me of today meets everything with a cool stare and a shrug. I am just glad a place like this exist with people of all walks and ages :)

I don't drink a lot (anymore).

But I have to be comfortable with a person to fully open up, although I don't think I've ever shared all my crazy with one person (I've shared it around lol)

1 hour ago, Queenie said:

I have lurked on Aven infrequently for many years. For a long time I was too afraid to make an account for fear that I did not belong or the title of asexual did not fit me but finally I plucked up the courage and made a profile today. 

Firstly, I will give you a little backstory about me. I am 32 years old and still a virgin. I just thought I was a late bloomer that would eventually get it when I met the right person but that never really happened cause I never found anyone sexually attractive or attractive period... I just wasn't interested.

Welcome to AVEN :cake:. Don't feel bad about being hesitant about joining. I found out about asexuality (which fit me to a T) and AVEN in 2005, but didn't sign up until last year. I don't know why I waited so long, but I don't think I was in denial about it. In fact I actually I felt relieved.

I always thought I'd meet the right person, but didn't put much effort into looking. I'm 56 and like you a virgin, which I'm quite comfortable with at this point in my life.

I hope you find the interaction here enjoyable.

4 minutes ago, will123 said:

Welcome to AVEN :cake:. Don't feel bad about being hesitant about joining. I found out about asexuality (which fit me to a T) and AVEN in 2005, but didn't sign up until last year. I don't know why I waited so long, but I don't think I was in denial about it. In fact I actually I felt relieved.

I always thought I'd meet the right person, but didn't put much effort into looking. I'm 56 and like you a virgin, which I'm quite comfortable with at this point in my life.

I hope you find the interaction here enjoyable.

I appreciate you, Will. Reading your post made me feel really good. :D

2 minutes ago, Queenie said:

I appreciate you, Will. Reading your post made me feel really good. :D

You're making me blush :blush:

2 hours ago, Queenie said:

Also bore away I don't mind reading but the choice is yours :D

:lol:

Welcome to AVEN! AVEN is a wonderful place full of supportive and accepting people. It doesn't matter whether you're asexual or not :) in fact, we've had quite a few members who found out that they weren't what they tought they were - and nobody got kicked out :)

I hope you'll enjoy being active on here! Have some more cake:

79aa004effec042ce482ac38b8e55496.jpg

52 minutes ago, Homer said:

:lol:

Welcome to AVEN! AVEN is a wonderful place full of supportive and accepting people. It doesn't matter whether you're asexual or not :) in fact, we've had quite a few members who found out that they weren't what they tought they were - and nobody got kicked out :)

I hope you'll enjoy being active on here! Have some more cake:

79aa004effec042ce482ac38b8e55496.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate you! I love Dragonball Z!

22 hours ago, Queenie said:

Thanks! My favorite Pokemon was pikachu and charmander. Squirtle was adorable as well. I loved the original 150 including mew and mew two but when the franchise expanded beyond that I lost interest. 

It does get a bit same-y but there are some really cute new ones that I like a lot. Also, learning all the ‘mons is near impossible now 😓

Archived