I'm Happy...

will123

...even though some males may be questioning their gender and the media seems to be treating all males as guilty (like all the badly behaving members of my sex), I'm happy to be male and have

the genitalia between my legs, even though they aren't being fully 'utilized' in the big scheme of things

To all the males out there, please don't let society get you down because of who you are. 

I should clarify the 'questioning' usage. In hind sight I should've used 'felt guilty'.

Usually questioning is used when a person 'wonders' about a certain aspect of their 'makeup'. I wasn't meaning to diminish the feelings of those struggling with their identity or gender.

Biblioromantic

True that. The world needs good men just as it needs good people of all genders. The only ones who should feel guilty are 1) those who are behaving badly or 2) those who enable others to behave badly.

It’s good that you’re comfortable with your gender and for sure men are seen as villains far too much. Men are afraid just to offer a hug now.

It plays on my mind sometimes how men are seen as up to no good and even when a woman brushes past me in my head I start worrying that she’s going to start accusing me of touching her.

I had never heard of Harvey Weinstein before the story broke, but he just gives me the vibe that he's an

asshole.

A fat, uncouth lout that if it wasn't for his position, women would've told him to take a hike (or worse) after hearing his advances.

Ms. Carolynne

@CBC

I think he means in the sense that he is / feels free from the stigma our sex faces sometimes.

It doesn't get me down either. I don't feel it's a huge deal for me, though. It has been in my past, but I'm not having those issues now, despite whatever may be going on in the media.

2 hours ago, CBC said:

Congrats, I guess? Are you actually, like... happy about your genitalia specifically? Or just comfortable and fine with being a dude, or...? (Do I want an answer to this? Lol.)

Both! :)

Good for you! It is unfortunate that because of entitled, sexist guys like Weinstein, men are being portrayed as villians. I think it's unfortunate because men's issues are a real thing as well, no one talks about issues like harrassment and body shaming when it comes to men, and of course just because women experience it more doesn't mean we should ignore the fact that men have issues too. I actually think in a lot of ways we're failing men in this country right now- men are falling behind academically at increasing rates and while women have come such a long way improving their situations, men have actually fallen behind. But now I'm rambling...anyways, I'm glad you feel comfortable with yourself, you should always feel that way, and don't let anyone or society tell you any different :)

Archived